Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dropping flyers in winter
« on: August 28, 2014, 10:07:12 pm »
Anyone done a big flyer drop over the winter months say from October to March? Did you get a decent response?

I feel like trying hard over winter to build my round up and don't feel like door knocking so wondered what flyer dropping is like in winter.

Thanks.

richywilts

Re: Dropping flyers in winter
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 10:18:08 pm »
ive done quite a lot of dropping in the winter months couldnt tell u the success rate as cant remember but if it was raining etc id get staff to deliver them, maybe make it a more winter orientated leaflet reference to gutter clearing etc, internal cleaning, snow removal, hot water system
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Perfect Windows

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 10:36:50 pm »
Anyone done a big flyer drop over the winter months say from October to March? Did you get a decent response?

I feel like trying hard over winter to build my round up and don't feel like door knocking so wondered what flyer dropping is like in winter.

Thanks.

Yes. Response rate about a third of the summer response rate.

Vin

J.D

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 07:28:57 am »
I've got approx one thousand quality leaflets taking up space! I purchased them a few years ago before realising what a pointless exercise leaflet dropping actually was! I'll be sticking them in letterboxes as soon as I can just to get rid of them! I expect perhaps two responses if I'm really lucky!

Scrimble

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 08:24:18 am »
I've got approx one thousand quality leaflets taking up space! I purchased them a few years ago before realising what a pointless exercise leaflet dropping actually was! I'll be sticking them in letterboxes as soon as I can just to get rid of them! I expect perhaps two responses if I'm really lucky!

you must have a really poor flyer,

my last leaflet drop of 6 flyers got me 2 new customers

J.D

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 09:00:49 am »
No they are glossy well constructed flyers scrimble, you have either been very lucky or your cheap and cheerful.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 09:21:43 am »
No they are glossy well constructed flyers scrimble, you have either been very lucky or your cheap and cheerful.

I had twelve leaflets dropped a few days ago and gained twelve customers, so 100% return.

Unfortunately the other 2,288 dropped on the same day had a 0% return.

Vin

SB Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 10:05:15 am »
I agree leaflets are a waste of time.

SeanK

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2014, 10:30:42 am »
There are no rights or wrongs in flyers, in some areas they work and in some they don't.
I had the exact same experience with flyers as J.D. dropped thousands and never got a single reply.
But they don't cost an arm and a leg so you might as well give them a go, if they work then happy days
if they don't then its door knocking or the dole.
You can pick up work at any time of the year, summer is normally better as the days are brighter and longer
allowing customers to notice their dirty windows more.
Don't forget a lot of shiners give up over the winter months so that's more work up for grabs.
Be careful a few weeks before Christmas as you will be getting the once a year messers who will tell you a pack of
lies just to have their windows cleaned for the Christmas holidays.

Scrimble

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2014, 12:12:57 pm »

maybe thats going against you, mine are black and white basic, when I have a few thousand delivered my phone rings off the hook for days

all my prices are plus vat so I cant be that cheap

groundhog

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2014, 12:17:19 pm »

you must have a really poor flyer,

my last leaflet drop of 6 flyers got me 2 new customers
I once delivered 300 leaflets and got 100 customers on a new estate! If I delivered 1000 flyers I would expect to get at leat 50 + customers from it! I would change your flyers!

Perfect Windows

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2014, 12:50:00 pm »
I once delivered 300 leaflets and got 100 customers on a new estate! If I delivered 1000 flyers I would expect to get at leat 50 + customers from it! I would change your flyers!

Wow!  You're literally unbelievable.

Vin

Mick Kent

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2014, 02:57:39 pm »
Why doesnt that surprise me groundhog that your return is stupidly over the top amount compared to honest folk...
Is this another 1 of your windups???

groundhog

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2014, 03:48:05 pm »
Sorry that my experience was different to yours!! I will lie in future to fit in with other comments!! Maybe rather than getting upset and trying to ridicule me, you should perhaps ask yourself why do I get better results from my flyers than you? For a start I only use really good quality flyers, I use small A5 ones and I laminate each one, the reason I do this is that it makes it harder to throw away.. they can't simply pick the leaflet up and screw it up and throw it in the bin, it almost forces them to look at it and read it. And as it is A5 size it is more convenient to keep for future reference. The time I got 100 customers from a 300 leaflet drop was on a brand new estate, and I followed each drop up with a door knock the following day. I rarely use leaflets these days as my round is fairly full, but I always carry plenty of business cards, and drop them through doors close to my existing customers a few times every year, and get a steady response from them

Perfect Windows

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2014, 03:56:04 pm »
The time I got 100 customers from a 300 leaflet drop was on a brand new estate, and I followed each drop up with a door knock the following day.

Ah, "deliver X flyers" = "deliver X flyers (more than once, hence "followed each drop up" above?) and knock every single house as well".  

Not like you not to be crystal clear in your arguments, Groundhog.

Vin

Rogue Trader

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2014, 04:03:43 pm »
i delivered 50,000 and got around 120 customers. still trickling in though slowly.

Mick Kent

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2014, 04:06:01 pm »
Sorry that my experience was different to yours!! I will lie in future to fit in with other comments!! Maybe rather than getting upset and trying to ridicule me, you should perhaps ask yourself why do I get better results from my flyers than you? For a start I only use really good quality flyers, I use small A5 ones and I laminate each one, the reason I do this is that it makes it harder to throw away.. they can't simply pick the leaflet up and screw it up and throw it in the bin, it almost forces them to look at it and read it. And as it is A5 size it is more convenient to keep for future reference. The time I got 100 customers from a 300 leaflet drop was on a brand new estate, and I followed each drop up with a door knock the following day. I rarely use leaflets these days as my round is fairly full, but I always carry plenty of business cards, and drop them through doors close to my existing customers a few times every year, and get a steady response from them
This is what i mean! If your not having a windup then You are full of poo. it makes me laugh reading your posts so fairplay either way.
So you can get an easy 50 customers from a 1000 leaflets with your min charge of £25 a customer.. yet a few posts down your saying your fairly full??
Correct me if im wrong but how can you be fairly full if you gain customers so easy with minimal leaflets??  you can simply do 4 leaflet drops of 1000 and gain 200 £25 min charge customers from it giving you £5000 a month return?? Id be more than full if i was in your shoes gaining gold dust customers like that.

groundhog

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2014, 04:55:16 pm »
Ah, "deliver X flyers" = "deliver X flyers (more than once, hence "followed each drop up" above?) and knock every single house as well".  

Vin
That makes perfect sense (not)!!! ::)roll

Mike #1

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2014, 05:17:27 pm »
Flyers should simply spell out what you provide and that is it , to many words and they get binned I had about a 5-6% response rate . Mike

Frankybadboy

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2014, 07:03:20 pm »
and all from a focus  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D