This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

H20cleaning

Whats the law on advertising trailers?
« on: August 22, 2014, 04:28:02 pm »
My dads has a small trailers in good condition he never used and he asked me if i wanted to get it made into a A board for advertising.
Whats the law firstly on advertising on trailers?
And are you aloud to leave them anywere?
And do you all think its a good idea?

I once made a road sign A board and i got quite a lot of work from that! But it got vandalised so i never replaced

Spruce

Re: Whats the law on advertising trailers?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 09:15:46 pm »
My dads has a small trailers in good condition he never used and he asked me if i wanted to get it made into a A board for advertising.
Whats the law firstly on advertising on trailers?
And are you aloud to leave them anywere?
And do you all think its a good idea?

I once made a road sign A board and i got quite a lot of work from that! But it got vandalised so i never replaced

I can't see there would be a problem parking an advertising trailer anywhere you could legally park a car. The main issue for you would be theft.

I know the local council do not look favourably at advertising boards like you had, and I'm aware of the Redcar and Cleveland council destroying any they find.

I saw this morning an advertising board that was chained to a lamp post on a Guisborough roundabout has been broken up. Its not on a pedestrian walk area, so its either council or their competition that is responsible for its condition (its was a nice sign as well.)

Our local carpet supplier puts his van at the Esso Garage in Saltburn over the weekend as an advertising board. He also has a couple of the plastic boxes stuck to the sides of his van that carry a few business cards that customers can help themselves to. It seems to work for Phil.

There was quite a stink about advertising boards being stuck up on roundabouts in Reading when I worked there many years ago. The local council threatened to fine any company whose boards where found on roundabouts on the pretext that they were dangerous as they were a distraction to drivers.

However, a couple of months later, the council started to sell advertising space on these very same roundabouts.  
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

alfie11

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 10:07:41 pm »
Advertising boards are coverd by the  planning act, you can not advertise on public land with out the relevant permission, you could park it on private land with owners permission but if it is bigger than 0.3 sq mtrs you would need planning permission

Steven Biggs

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 11:51:09 pm »
I would imagine you would be able to dump anything on the side of the road in Middlesbrough and the local council and residents wouldn't even notice .

Window Lickers

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 12:22:52 am »
If it's got a roof on it someone'll move in.
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

H20cleaning

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 12:29:17 am »
Hahahaha! Thanks for the serious replys and the not so serious are amusing!!!
So basically i need someones permission to put it on their land... So its not very likely then

PoleKing

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 10:53:19 am »
Hahahaha! Thanks for the serious replys and the not so serious are amusing!!!
So basically i need someones permission to put it on their land... So its not very likely then

Not necessarily.
Try this:
http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=40317
In particular-scroll down to 31/03/2006@08:30.
Seems quite comprehensive to me-and kinda answers your question.
I've an idea on nighttime lighting if you decide to go for it...
Keep us updated on the thread...
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.