This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul marshall

leaks [why always me]
« on: August 22, 2014, 07:39:45 am »
always seem to have some sort of leak , I just sort one and get another , back of van is always wet I use hozelock fittings I put in hot water before fitting I have tried brass but always some sort of leak im not to worried cos I get my work done but is it just my van that's always wet or is this just part n parcel of being a cool windy  ???
the more flyers i post , the luckier i seem to get ...

dazmond

Re: leaks [why always me]
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 08:08:36 am »
my hose reel doesnt leak.i use a brass swivel on end of reel.a few drops of water from pole hose etc but nothing major unless i overfill my tank which ive done about 5 times this year!! ;D
price higher/work harder!

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 10:25:55 am »
Totally dry in every van i have owned and EVERY van i have helped to set up.

People don't want to spend money that's why things leak (not aimed at OP)

John guest fittings 1/2 inch

And these

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/QR-Metal-Hose-Couplings.html

Use barbed fittings, double jubilee clips and double o clips.

I have two leaks on my pole, one is a small drip and the other is a fine spray. The reason for these two is i am using a tap which weighs around 10grams and costs £17 for 5! So more than happy with the leak.

Bill.upnw

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 11:47:36 am »
Never had a leak to this day quality doesnt cost it pays my friends

sunshine windows

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 12:56:39 pm »
Pure H2o; I've been using those couplings for a while too after recommendations on here and they are very good.

Had one fall apart on me in about 18 months use, so not bad going.

Also using the rectus 26 style fittings for my taps and they are brilliant too. No more we let from the 19or21
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Plankton

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 01:53:03 pm »
always seem to have some sort of leak , I just sort one and get another , back of van is always wet I use hozelock fittings I put in hot water before fitting I have tried brass but always some sort of leak im not to worried cos I get my work done but is it just my van that's always wet or is this just part n parcel of being a cool windy  ???
I use cheap hozelock style fittings from ASDA or B&Q for me they seem to fit better to my machine etc. Are you fully inserting the hose and using plenty of plumbers tape? I don't use RO so maybe I've less/simpler connections.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 03:31:50 pm »
Pure H2o; I've been using those couplings for a while too after recommendations on here and they are very good.

Had one fall apart on me in about 18 months use, so not bad going.

Also using the rectus 26 style fittings for my taps and they are brilliant too. No more we let from the 19or21

I use loads of them. For business use, customers buy them and I use them for my home. Not had one drop yet.

I use Gardiner ez snap and jumbo ball protectors. Again. No leaks.

Bill.upnw

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 07:54:07 pm »
pro 26 all the way lads just make sure you dw40 them regularly to keep the rubber seals from drying up and cracking inside. simple