Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steven Biggs

Re: expenses YES!5 grand a year!
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2014, 10:32:57 pm »
Dazmond you could get your expenses down 4k a year , just stop buying goose necks and crapuadapters   ;D

SeanK

« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2014, 10:50:58 pm »
Rather than lads posting amounts of 'expenses'
Why not post a profit percentage?
That's probably a more accurate reflection of your business.
Someone saying 'I have expenses of £10k' (but turns over £80k) may not seem realistic to someone who turns over £20k.
It's relative.
Anyone who has an accountant (as opposed to doing their own books) will probably have a profit percentage in their accountants report.

Not really as most expenses are the same if you have a turnover of 80K or 20K when it comes to a one man band
cleaning windows.
The reason you will be taking in 80k instead of 20k will be down to pricing and speed and will have nothing to do with spending
extra on expenses.
Most willy wavers tend to forget this so when they boast about a big turnover they think they need to boast about big
expenses as well.

PoleKing

« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2014, 11:02:12 pm »
Someone saying 'I have expenses of £10k' (but turns over £80k) may not seem realistic to someone who turns over £20k.
It's relative.
Anyone who has an accountant (as opposed to doing their own books) will probably have a profit percentage in their accountants report.

Not really as most expenses are the same if you have a turnover of 80K or 20K when it comes to a one man band
cleaning windows.
The reason you will be taking in 80k instead of 20k will be down to pricing and speed and will have nothing to do with spending
extra on expenses.
Most willy wavers tend to forget this so when they boast about a big turnover they think they need to boast about big
expenses as well.

I disagree.
More turnover will almost certainly mean more travelling for one. IE more diesel.
Have you earned £20k and £80k? Be assured, the expenses are not the same.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

SeanK

« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2014, 11:13:10 pm »
It's relative.

cleaning windows.
extra on expenses.
expenses as well.

I disagree.
More turnover will almost certainly mean more travelling for one. IE more diesel.
Have you earned £20k and £80k? Be assured, the expenses are not the same.

Yes if your making 80k because your employing but there will be no difference for a one man band.
If I was to double my prices tomorrow and get away with it my turnover would double but my expenses would stay
the same.
If I was to speed up and do an extra 10 properties a day I would still be using the same amount of water over the day just
less on each property so my expenses would stay the same.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2014, 11:17:41 pm »
Did SeanK really say you need to write your van down over as long as you keep it?

Not so, under the Annual Investment Allowance scheme you can write it off in one year if you like but it is sometimes better to make sure you have enough profit left to use up your personal allowances so two - three years might be better.
It's a game of three halves!

CleanClear

« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2014, 11:24:12 pm »
5k per year would get you something like this, ok i know you've got fuel and insurance on top...

*Status*--------Currently Online---------

SeanK

« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2014, 11:28:03 pm »
Did SeanK really say you need to write your van down over as long as you keep it?

Not so, under the Annual Investment Allowance scheme you can write it off in one year if you like but it is sometimes better to make sure you have enough profit left to use up your personal allowances so two - three years might be better.

No I said if I paid £7000 to buy the van and keep it for 12 years then the van would have cost me nearly £600 a year
to buy.
Didn't mention anything about tax allowances.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2014, 11:32:58 pm »
It's relative.

cleaning windows.
extra on expenses.
expenses as well.

Not many ( if any)  one man bands will be turning over 80K anyway? In most cases if turnover goes up significantly, so does expenses.

Window Lickers

« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2014, 11:33:02 pm »
Most willy wavers tend to forget this so when they boast about a big turnover they think they need to boast about big expenses as well.

I guess it would be easy to deduce from this statement that as your not earning anything at the moment you haven't got a willy to wave.  ;D
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2014, 11:36:33 pm »
Most willy wavers tend to forget this so when they boast about a big turnover they think they need to boast about big expenses as well.

I guess it would be easy to deduce from this statement that as your not earning anything at the moment you haven't got a willy to wave.  ;D
;D ;D ;D

SeanK

« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2014, 11:41:14 pm »

Yes I went from earning £100 an hour to zero and unless I get back to work soon there's no way I will make my
£60000 target this year.
Might have to up my hours from 20 to 30 a week for the rest of the year.

G Griffin

« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2014, 11:44:20 pm »
Dazmond does have Sutherland's salmon paste butties and use an unbreakable flask, as well.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

SeanK

« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2014, 12:03:12 am »
It's relative.

cleaning windows.
extra on expenses.
expenses as well.

Not many ( if any)  one man bands will be turning over 80K anyway? In most cases if turnover goes up significantly, so does expenses.

Please explain if your a one man band using a wfp system and your round goes from half full to full what expenses are
going to go up significantly ?
Yes you might spend a few quid extra on fuel and water but your expenses aren't going to go up significantly unless
your in a rural location and have to travel miles between each property.

G Griffin

« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2014, 12:08:12 am »
And Dazmond has his butties cut in to triangles  :o.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Window Lickers

« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2014, 12:12:36 am »
Please explain if your a one man band using a wfp system and your round goes from half full to full what expenses are
Yes you might spend a few quid extra on fuel and water but your expenses aren't going to go up significantly unless

If your round goes from half full to full you're doing twice as much work. You'll probably do twice as many miles so the fuel bill will double. You'll use twice as much water so your water bill will double. You'll get through brushes twice as fast previously so that bill will double.  Resin - the same. Filters - the same. Paperwork - the same.

Shall I keep going?

SeanK

« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2014, 12:27:02 am »

If your round goes from half full to full you're doing twice as much work. You'll probably do twice as many miles so the fuel bill will double. You'll use twice as much water so your water bill will double. You'll get through brushes twice as fast previously so that bill will double.  Resin - the same. Filters - the same. Paperwork - the same.

Shall I keep going?

Will the price of buying the van double will the price of your insurance double will your road tax double will your other insurances
double will the price of buying a system double.
All the items you mention are peanuts and controllable over five years compared to the expenses we all have to pay should we clean one property or a hundred.

Window Lickers

« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2014, 08:09:37 am »
The price of buying the van may double if you have twice as much work to get through as you'll undoubtedly find you need a bigger van. When that happened here I went for a brand new Ford Custom. No need to go that expensive some might say but this thread isnt about how cheap you can get away with things its about the realism of running costs.

As a business owner I decided thats what I wanted so I went from something that had had its purchase costs written off to something that was costing 5K a year to buy.

dazmond

« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2014, 08:39:13 am »
Dazmond you could get your expenses down 4k a year , just stop buying goose necks and crapuadapters   ;D

i dont use aqua daptors anymore!ive got 5 goosenecks and 2 resi necks so im ok for a good few years yet! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

SeanK

« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2014, 09:24:31 am »
The price of buying the van may double if you have twice as much work to get through as you'll undoubtedly find you need a bigger van. When that happened here I went for a brand new Ford Custom. No need to go that expensive some might say but this thread isnt about how cheap you can get away with things its about the realism of running costs.

As a business owner I decided thats what I wanted so I went from something that had had its purchase costs written off to something that was costing 5K a year to buy.

I think we are getting mixed up about the expenses in a commercial and domestic round, for an example fuel costs can go down in
a domestic round as it gets bigger while in a commercial they would go up as you wouldn't have such a compact
working area.
Yes I agree, if you haven't made allowances for expansion in your business then this could cost you more in the long run.

Mick Kent

« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2014, 10:06:55 am »
Everyones expensies are different so this is a pointless thread! I dont care what anyones expencies are as it makes no odds to me as everyones lives and means are different!.
If your honest then your expencies will be higher! If your a tax dodger then your expenses will be a lot lower! No 2 people do same jobs or the same distance some people make there sandwiches with asda smart price bread and some use hovis!
Some use a car some use a van! Some are trad and some are wfp.
Some men like big tits and some like small!(i like big  ;D)
No 2 peoples expenses will be the same.