This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lee_dewing

Not today holiday brigade
« on: August 17, 2014, 08:00:02 pm »
Had a few custies that away and can't get access due to locked gates.

Fair enough.

But a custie i have done for about 6 years always goes away, for 6 weeks+ nearly all her kids school holidays (which is private school so they get more), to her place in cyprus.

They are away and it's fallen this time she has missed 2 cleans (which has never happened before)

The thing i find slightly annoying is that her husband is at their bungalow (u.k)
he only nips out to Cyprus for 2 weeks.

I feel that when i call in September on my monthly cycle i should charge her more than the normal £18 clean price.

This is one of the handful of jobs i do trad.

Just wondered if you guys feel like a £25 charge is justified and how would you word it. as i text night before to unlock, so would want to for warn her of this rather than any awkwardness on the doorstep.

Thanks lee.
ps custy is one of my friendly ones never tips though :(
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

PoleKing

Re: Not today holiday brigade
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 08:14:53 pm »
Don't make it about anything Lee.
Just say 'price rise' give whatever reasons you like but don't make the customer feel penalised.
Put it up to £25.
They either want you or they don't.
But a job's not worth doing if you resent doing it.
That's why you're the boss.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

lee_dewing

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 08:18:27 pm »
Don't want to put price up permanently just think if custies missed 2 cleans then their should be an increase for next clean.

Or would you guys just charge normal rate?

Richard Shepherd

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 08:21:11 pm »
What justification do you have for charging her more?????

bmwt

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 08:29:29 pm »
Why not just put the price up by £1-2 month then over the year then you will get that bit extra you want

lee_dewing

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 08:33:37 pm »
What justification do you have for charging her more?Huh?

The windows are dirtier, because they have not been kept clean on monthly schedule as 2 monthly cleans have been missed.

Think bmwt is best just stick up £2 price rise.

JackieW

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 08:36:42 pm »
I've had this a few times too. It only happens of course with the ones who get texted the night before for unlocking the gate.

I bite the bullet and let it go. Never had one miss two visits though.

Had a customer last month that replied could we leave it this time as he didn't think they were dirty enough to need cleaning.

I replied, no problem, but my prices are based on a certain frequency and I charge more for a longer frequency. In his case it was normally £18 but if he misses a clean then the next one will be £25.

He said ok just carry on as normal.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 09:10:42 pm »
I've had this a few times too. It only happens of course with the ones who get texted the night before for unlocking the gate.

I bite the bullet and let it go. Never had one miss two visits though.

Had a customer last month that replied could we leave it this time as he didn't think they were dirty enough to need cleaning.

I replied, no problem, but my prices are based on a certain frequency and I charge more for a longer frequency. In his case it was normally £18 but if he misses a clean then the next one will be £25.

He said ok just carry on as normal.

That's the way to do it!
It's a game of three halves!

Steven Biggs

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2014, 10:34:46 pm »
I went to see a Punch and Judy show on Weymouth beach a few weeks back . Best pound I spent all week

Bungle

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2014, 10:43:01 pm »

Fair enough.

But a custie i have done for about 6 years always goes away, for 6 weeks+ nearly all her kids school holidays (which is private school so they get more), to her place in cyprus.

They are away and it's fallen this time she has missed 2 cleans (which has never happened before)

The thing i find slightly annoying is that her husband is at their bungalow (u.k)

I feel that when i call in September on my monthly cycle i should charge her more than the normal £18 clean price.

Just wondered if you guys feel like a £25 charge is justified and how would you word it. as i text night before to unlock, so would want to for warn her of this rather than any awkwardness on the doorstep.

Thanks lee.

Egg their windows while they're away, that'll teach em.
We look at them, they look through them.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2014, 08:34:20 am »
I went to see a Punch and Judy show on Weymouth beach a few weeks back . Best pound I spent all week

Were you as pleased as Punch or merely just as good looking as Punch?

;D
It's a game of three halves!

Window Lickers

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2014, 09:19:22 am »

If thats all you do when you're on the blob I'd say she's got a pretty good deal.
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

Plankton

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2014, 12:02:59 am »

Fair enough.

Thanks lee.

Egg their windows while they're away, that'll teach em.
I remember one night egging windows (many years ago) then two of us realising that we cleaned there windows :o

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2014, 02:16:58 am »
Why should she tip you?  ::)roll