Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Afterglow Window Cleaners

Cheap extension for Gardiner Xtreme 25
« on: August 17, 2014, 06:37:42 pm »
Hi Guys,

I do one job where I need that little bit of extra length.......

Rather than pay a lot for Xtreme sections for one job, can I just add SLX sections instead, starting with section #6 and #7 then eventually, if I ever need more up to section #9, then modular from section #10.

I this OK, or would the weight be an issue,

Cheers, Gary

Alex Gardiner

Re: Cheap extension for Gardiner Xtreme 25
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 09:39:06 pm »
Hi Guys,

I do one job where I need that little bit of extra length.......

Rather than pay a lot for Xtreme sections for one job, can I just add SLX sections instead, starting with section #6 and #7 then eventually, if I ever need more up to section #9, then modular from section #10.

I this OK, or would the weight be an issue,

Cheers, Gary

Yes you can do this no problem. It is OK to mix it this way around as the more robust sections are on the lower end taking the strain. It would not be advisable to mix them the other way around with an SLX25 with Xtreme extensions on the base  :)

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 08:28:03 pm »
Thanks Alex :)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 11:00:38 pm »
I love my extreme pole but I wouldn't have an extension built for it however cheap. It can stay in my van or in my garage or in my lounge. But you have to draw the line somewhere; it doesn't come to bed with me and I'll not have an extension built for it.

It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 11:36:39 pm »
Hi Alex.  Would SLX sections flex less than the extreme sections?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 09:11:38 am »
Hi Alex.  Would SLX sections flex less than the extreme sections?

Depends what strain you are putting on them. The Xtreme is a lightweight pole, which is great for standard window cleaning with set loads on the top end. In these uses it flexes less than an SLX pole. However when used horizontally perhaps with heavier than usual loading or receiving more strain than vertical window cleaning delivers the Xtreme may then flex more, but this would usually be because it is reaching its lateral strength limits.

The SLX does have a higher lateral strain breaking point than the Xtreme poles so in tough situations will be more robust. However between 18ft - 57ft window cleaning there is nothing easier or lighter to use than an Xtreme pole.

Drop me an email with your current use and I may be able to recommend something.

Wouldn't it be good if we did an 'ultimate' pole that was a little lighter than an SLX, stronger than an SLX and more rigid than an Xtreme suitable for 47-87ft and any particularly tough or on the limit work? Watch this space..... :)

mufcglen

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 04:20:41 pm »
Ooh you big tease!!!

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 07:49:51 pm »
Oi Alex,

Are you hijacking my post to promote your new pole ;)

Do I get to be a tester?