Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mufcglen

anyone ever ordered from hong kong
« on: August 17, 2014, 12:47:56 pm »

SeanK

Re: anyone ever ordered from hong kong
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 03:19:46 pm »
Would you trust buying an item that runs on gas from an unknown company in Hong Kong ( China )
Does it pass British or European safety standards.
When it comes to hot water heaters I would stick to a local supplier.

mufcglen

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 03:31:33 pm »
i agree pal but arent the suppliers in uk just getting these units, they look identical but companies just call them something else?

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 03:32:17 pm »
A local supplier that has quite simply ordered from.... Er..... hong kong

All these boilers are Chinese made, l5, l8 etc...  

The pic shows it's ce marked so unless they are blatantly lying ( and that possible ) you could assume it's upto the correct standard

The main problem with buying direct rather than local uk based is if it is faulty you have done your dough.

Risk and reward and all that

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

mufcglen

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 03:52:06 pm »
yeah theres the warranty problem with returns etc but its half the price of any window cleaning shop ive seen!

SeanK

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 04:13:39 pm »
i agree pal but arent the suppliers in uk just getting these units, they look identical but companies just call them something else?

Yes but the local dealer would be responsible if the worst should happen, plus you would be getting a legally binding
guarantee.
If the worst should happen and your insurance refused to pay out because of a faulty inferior boiler then you could at
least get your losses back from the local supplier.
Don't think you would stand a chance with some unknown Chinese company selling on fleebay.

mufcglen

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 05:07:57 pm »
I'd imagine a shop who sold it you would wriggle out of it somehow any way if the van happen to set on fire ie should have been installed by a gas man etc so you'd have to factor in cost of fitting by a gas man too!!!

SeanK

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 07:01:28 pm »
I'd imagine a shop who sold it you would wriggle out of it somehow any way if the van happen to set on fire ie should have been installed by a gas man etc so you'd have to factor in cost of fitting by a gas man too!!!

To be honest if I was to find that a hot water system was a benefit to my business then that's the only way I would go.
A system bought a fitted by a qualified gas engineer.
Nothing to do with not being able to fit one myself but keeping myself right legally.
Iv witnessed a gas bottle go up on the back of a work lorry, it belonged to the firm I used to work for.
Luckily no one was injured but the lorry was ruined and a nearby property was damaged.
The insurance assessors went over the matter with a fine tooth comb and luckily for the owner everything was above board.

mufcglen

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2014, 07:51:08 pm »
i agree pal i'll probably just plumb it in myself,theyre quite simple to do.
has anyone ever ordered from hong kong though not just heaters but poles etc as theres tax isnt there when the item arrives here, it says 5-8 days postage, sure i ordered something from china years ago and it took weeks and weeks!

SeanK

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2014, 07:58:48 pm »
I think Dazmond bought one last year for around the £160 mark from a local supplier.
Cant tell you what the import charges will be from China but I bought a few items from America last year
and the charges were horrendous.
Sickening especially when the majority off it went to the EU.

Chris Buchan

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2014, 07:59:44 pm »
I bought one of them,they varie from 80 to130 quid,mines was 80 quid,make them an offer,they are good heaters.

Chris Buchan

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2014, 08:02:39 pm »
mines only took a couple of days,go for it mate.

mufcglen

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2014, 08:12:52 pm »
cheers Sean you got me worried now lol and i just put an offer of £80 in, there was a local brand new l5 heater local to me that just ended for £140, no way im paying that and i like the look of these stainless ones better with a proper flue and they do abit more litres per minute not that i'll probably use that much i think!
ive never had checked to see how many litres i use a min but lately ive turned my flow down from 45-50 to 30 and its still doing just a good job but saving loads of water.
i'll let you guys know how i get on with my bid!

Smudger

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2014, 08:59:37 pm »
The higher lpm boilers can sometimes have trouble with the low flow of WFP.

Nat jone looked at importing a bulk load a few years ago so all on this forum could buy cheaper so best to ask him.

A few years back I brought led lighting for my marine tank, these units were £800 plus each here through a uk company I got the same units at £120 per unit (3 off) they arrived in 4 days and paid £38 import duty

Brilliant items lasted over two years until I broke the tank down.

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

J.D

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2014, 10:32:24 pm »
I ordered a Rubiks Cube from Hong Kong once! It took 3 months to turn as I remember ! I don't suppose that helps you though!

bobplum

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2014, 10:47:23 pm »
get them from the seller based in portsmouth, on ebay, for the heater that you want

Bob Stones

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2014, 11:44:58 am »

Yes but the local dealer would be responsible if the worst should happen, plus you would be getting a legally binding
guarantee.
If the worst should happen and your insurance refused to pay out because of a faulty inferior boiler then you could at
least get your losses back from the local supplier.
Don't think you would stand a chance with some unknown Chinese company selling on fleebay.

Do you really think a local window cleaning suppliers would help you out ? buy you a new van and kit ?

if you do, then you really should not be allowed out of the house

Perfect Windows

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2014, 11:52:56 am »
Do you really think a local window cleaning suppliers would help you out ? buy you a new van and kit ?

They might not do it to "help you out" but if they sold an illegal or dangerous boiler you'd be able to sue for the resulting damages.  Basic tort law.

Vin

mufcglen

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2014, 04:08:41 pm »
get them from the seller based in portsmouth, on ebay, for the heater that you want
Hi bob any links to the seller in Portsmouth as all I can find is sellers in Hong Kong for the stainless heater?

Bob Stones

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2014, 12:33:34 am »

They might not do it to "help you out" but if they sold an illegal or dangerous boiler you'd be able to sue for the resulting damages.  Basic tort law.

Vin

They would show they did a basic  test  and the unit was fine when they sold it

Do Not kid yourself that you would have some follow up