Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jimiwindows

Re: Trad is always superior in customers eyes over wfp
« Reply #140 on: August 16, 2014, 08:22:38 am »

This is my van so i can afford wfp and i have gardiner poles.

Most of my work is restaurants in west end of London and 95% of it is trad 40Olt lasts me 4 to 5 weeks.
In london wfp is good for some work but if you want to work you have to be a good trad window cleaner.
If you was doing domestic work in london you would HAVE to do insides no access to back of house so if you was doing insides just open window and clean it from inside it takes longer but a 3 story house gos about £50 so 4 houses a day is £200.If i was cleaning houses for £6 outsides only with access to back then wfp is great.But in london you have to be a good trad window cleaner or you wolud not work.

DG Cleaning

« Reply #141 on: August 16, 2014, 09:42:30 am »
If WFP really isn't any good then why are there so many people doing it?

I think it's only slagged off by those who can't afford it. Bless them.

I think your onto something there.

:)

I was up and running for £500 van mount

Mick Kent

« Reply #142 on: August 16, 2014, 10:15:38 am »

This is my van so i can afford wfp and i have gardiner poles.

Most of my work is restaurants in west end of London and 95% of it is trad 40Olt lasts me 4 to 5 weeks.
In london wfp is good for some work but if you want to work you have to be a good trad window cleaner.
If you was doing domestic work in london you would HAVE to do insides no access to back of house so if you was doing insides just open window and clean it from inside it takes longer but a 3 story house gos about £50 so 4 houses a day is £200.If i was cleaning houses for £6 outsides only with access to back then wfp is great.But in london you have to be a good trad window cleaner or you wolud not work.

Yes mate, agree there about trad, i dont do many london commercials but do have a lot of domestic that i call my elite work
Im getting £40/50 fronts and £80/100 full houses and double for insides which seem every time for some of them between sw1 and sw3 postcodes mainly between pimlico and chelsea.
They dont care how much just as long as you do them and do them ultra good which means trad on all the lower downstairs and basement windows and door to give it the personal touch when finished and in summer by the time you have tradded the lower the tops have all dried and the customer is overly happy and recomends you to others in the area, a proper knock on effect around there if you can get in there.

Jonny 87

« Reply #143 on: August 16, 2014, 12:33:45 pm »

I think your onto something there.

I was up and running for £500 van mount

Your forgetting the key part of that statement.......the van. 👍
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Johnny B

« Reply #144 on: August 16, 2014, 02:24:54 pm »

I happily concede that I can't afford it. I've looked into it, and decided that I don't need or want to earn stupidly high money just to pay for a system and new van which, on the work I have, isn't necessary. My aim is to keep it as simple as possible, with minimal overheads for maximum profit. Said profit keeps a roof over my family's heads, clothes on their backs and food in their stomachs. I'm happy with that.  :)

John 
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

« Reply #145 on: August 16, 2014, 02:33:29 pm »

I happily concede that I can't afford it. I've looked into it, and decided that I don't need or want to earn stupidly high money just to pay for a system and new van which, on the work I have, isn't necessary. My aim is to keep it as simple as possible, with minimal overheads for maximum profit. Said profit keeps a roof over my family's heads, clothes on their backs and food in their stomachs. I'm happy with that.  :)

John 

My quote was being a bit facetious to the snobs out there. Your opinion is honest, refreshing and bs free.

HampshireWindowCleaning

« Reply #146 on: August 16, 2014, 02:53:39 pm »

Said profit keeps a roof over my family's heads, clothes on their backs and food in their stomachs. I'm happy with that.  :)

John 

You won't be providing any of that to your family if you fall off the ladder and break your neck...

Johnny B

« Reply #147 on: August 16, 2014, 03:57:23 pm »

Said profit keeps a roof over my family's heads, clothes on their backs and food in their stomachs. I'm happy with that.  :)

John 

You won't be providing any of that to your family if you fall off the ladder and break your neck...

Life is full of 'what ifs'. Ladders are safe enough. It's improper use of them that causes accidents imho.

John

Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Jonny 87

« Reply #148 on: August 16, 2014, 04:46:22 pm »

John 

Life is full of 'what ifs'. Ladders are safe enough. It's improper use of them that causes accidents imho.

John

To be fair I'm sure that's what everyone says when they think of how safe ladders are.

Doesn't cut down the fact accidents happen and more so when your up and down a ladder 60 times a day. It only takes one fall.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

dazmond

« Reply #149 on: August 16, 2014, 05:07:31 pm »
johnny i spend an extra £3,000 a year in expenses on WFP(roughly) than when i was trad but this year ill earn an extra £16,000-£17,000 on top of my previous earnings pre WFP.go figure.

im much safer and actually work shorter days "on the glass" than when i was on the ladders.i also have a week off most months or at least 3 or 4 days off before my next months work.

i feel less tired after my working day and enjoy my work a bit more.also working in most wet weather is not a problem with wfp.

previously my expenses were around £2,000 a year 100% trad so i spend around £5,000 overall over the course of a year WFP.

I do trad some work by the way but 90% is WFP these days.

absolutely the best move ive ever made in  window cleaning.its such a good tool for our trade.

also i provide a much better thorough service with wfp which in turn has led to much more better paying work coming my way without even trying.nearly all new work has come from recommendations,word of mouth and being seen out and about cleaning.

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Johnny B

« Reply #150 on: August 16, 2014, 05:10:54 pm »

John 

John

To be fair I'm sure that's what everyone says when they think of how safe ladders are.

Doesn't cut down the fact accidents happen and more so when your up and down a ladder 60 times a day. It only takes one fall.

I'm 52 years old, been up and down the ladders for the last 17 years. Compare: I've been driving for 35 years. It only takes one accident in either situation, or indeed any other while going about our daily lives. Just because I use ladders every day doesn't mean that I don't appreciate the risks that incorrect use of them carries.

John

Jonny 87

« Reply #151 on: August 16, 2014, 05:20:12 pm »
Each to their own johnny. Each to their own. As long as your happy.

Johnny B

« Reply #152 on: August 16, 2014, 05:28:16 pm »
johnny i spend an extra £3,000 a year in expenses on WFP(roughly) than when i was trad but this year ill earn an extra £16,000-£17,000 on top of my previous earnings pre WFP.go figure.

im much safer and actually work shorter days "on the glass" than when i was on the ladders.i also have a week off most months or at least 3 or 4 days off before my next months work.

i feel less tired after my working day and enjoy my work a bit more.also working in most wet weather is not a problem with wfp.

previously my expenses were around £2,000 a year 100% trad so i spend around £5,000 overall over the course of a year WFP.

I do trad some work by the way but 90% is WFP these days.

absolutely the best move ive ever made in  window cleaning.its such a good tool for our trade.

also i provide a much better thorough service with wfp which in turn has led to much more better paying work coming my way without even trying.nearly all new work has come from recommendations,word of mouth and being seen out and about cleaning.

regards

dazmond

Hi Dazmond, I always read your posts with interest, and remember when you first went wfp. You have done extremely well and worked very hard, and I have much respect and admiration for what you have achieved, and for the encouragement you have given and advice you have generously shared on this forum..

I am, however, not so ambitious or driven as you, and am happy to carry on the way I am. I love what I do, and the way that I do it, and am not motivated to make big money. I make enough to support my family, and as long as I can continue to do this, I am happy. In just a very few years time, my kids will no longer be dependent on me, so I may even be able to semi-retire!

Best wishes, and keep up the good work,

John

Johnny B

« Reply #153 on: August 16, 2014, 05:30:03 pm »
Each to their own johnny. Each to their own. As long as your happy.

Exactly Jonny.  :)

Best wishes,
John

Mick Kent

« Reply #154 on: August 16, 2014, 06:06:36 pm »
Sadly Wfp is dead cheap to get setup with nowdays, however the cheap setups and cheap equipment and some of the bodge job diy setups that may not be as good as a proffesional fitted system with 4040ro etc may add to the reason with so many unhappy customers that would rather a trad cleaner do them?
I untill recently worked upto 030ppm and assumed was fine as  had minimal quality complaints so thought was fine untill i used it on my car where it spotted like mad when dried which confused me however at 000ppm not a mark/streak or spot on her so now i only work at 000ppm and i have customers saying to me how much happier they are and how they are looking better etc and i do think the guys who say anything under 30ppm or even 10ppm are risking losing customers just as i was as the finished article is what matters! We have all had customers say there excuses as to why they cancal so how do we know they simply arnt just being nice saying husband will do it from now on or son wants to do it or lost job ect ect..when realy they are getting rid of us for a rubbish poor job??, how many wait untill the house dries??? I bet none of us. Wfp done properly with decent equipment and 000ppm pure water shouldnt get any problems or minimal probs at least compared to a cheap setup using water that isnt 000ppm pure.
Just like with trad, a decent rubber glydes over the glass with ease over a cheap 1 that streaks to buggery and judders over the glass. Or a proper soaped up applicator against a lightly soaped applicator all affect how the squeegie cleans the glass.
Bottom line is that customers do prefere a trad clean over a wfp clean, why should they care for safety ??they want there windows gleaming clean which trad always does but wfp on some windows simply doesnt.
You cant win them all by being tunnel vissioned! the guys who offer both methods are onto a win win as will always be able to keep there customers happy.

Don Kee

« Reply #155 on: August 16, 2014, 06:17:53 pm »
Ahhhhhh, the water must pump in a more professional manner with a 'pro' system!!
With a DIY, the water thinks...'i'm a bodge job and not from a 4040 so i'm not going to dry like my cousins from the pro system'!

Mate, its commonsense, if your water is 0, diy or pro, you'll not get streaks...

You could work out if Del Boys 3 wheeler, but as long as your TDS is 000ppm and you know how to clean windows then you'll not get spots...

On topic, who cares whether trad or wfp is your preference?
99% of custies just want clean windows, you could use your negligee to clean them if they're not in. As long as the windows are clean when they're back home, jobs a good one

You get crap trad (theres some that live locally) and crap wfp (typing this post)
Both work well, depends who's using them

Mick Kent

« Reply #156 on: August 16, 2014, 06:27:19 pm »
Ahhhhhh, the water must pump in a more professional manner with a 'pro' system!!
With a DIY, the water thinks...'i'm a bodge job and not from a 4040 so i'm not going to dry like my cousins from the pro system'!

Mate, its commonsense, if your water is 0, diy or pro, you'll not get streaks...

You could work out if Del Boys 3 wheeler, but as long as your TDS is 000ppm and you know how to clean windows then you'll not get spots...

99% of custies just want clean windows, you could use your negligee to clean them if they're not in. As long as the windows are clean when they're back home, jobs a good one

You get crap trad (theres some that live locally) and crap wfp (typing this post)
Thats what i mean unless using pure your risking losing customers!
Im diy as well so wasnt trying to sound the big i am!
But i do believe some ways are better than others-
A 25ft slx against working with a 25ft fibre glass pole all day, by midday with the fibreglass you will be tired and end up not doing such a good job compared to the lightness of the slx where at midday your still going strong,
The same with someone who lugs a backpack about all day vs a vanmount! The backpacker would be tired by midday and not do such a good job as the guy with energy left who isnt tired from just reeling in and out his reel.
There are many things that add to the source that wfp isnt as good as trad in customers eyes. Im just being open minded with it all, i have had it so many times now canvassing having them ask how is it done as they dont want the pole..

Don Kee

« Reply #157 on: August 16, 2014, 06:48:00 pm »

Thats what i mean unless using pure your risking losing customers!
Im diy as well so wasnt trying to sound the big i am!
But i do believe some ways are better than others-
A 25ft slx against working with a 25ft fibre glass pole all day, by midday with the fibreglass you will be tired and end up not doing such a good job compared to the lightness of the slx where at midday your still going strong,
The same with someone who lugs a backpack about all day vs a vanmount! The backpacker would be tired by midday and not do such a good job as the guy with energy left who isnt tired from just reeling in and out his reel.
There are many things that add to the source that wfp isnt as good as trad in customers eyes. Im just being open minded with it all, i have had it so many times now canvassing having them ask how is it done as they dont want the pole..

I used a 30ft Bayerson impressor for my first 6 months before i brought an slx
Granted, the windows were easier to clean with the slx, and i was probably less nakerd...but the windows weren't any cleaner using the slx...

If i may say so myself, i do a pretty thorough job on the windows (vents,frames etc...) but i did the sane job with the Bayersan...it comes down to the person using it

Just the same with trad, when i first learnt to trad i was crap, didn't even know how to fan, leaving streaks and needing to detail loads...not any more

If the person using either method is competant, they both work well

(I'm talking on the majority of windows here, there is always the odd one that needs to be trad and visa versa)

I've had customers say to me they prefer trad, ive said giz a go and see what you think and they've been happy
Because the previous bloke was poope
I've had sone people say they want that pole thingy as the last trad guy was a port hole cleaner and left the opaque windows...not all trad guys are crap, just this bloke

I repeat, who cares how you clean the window as long as the window finishes clean?
And if you know what you're doing, with both methods, it will do

Frankybadboy

« Reply #158 on: August 16, 2014, 07:16:37 pm »

Just the same with trad, when i first learnt to trad i was crap, didn't even know how to fan, leaving streaks and needing to detail loads...not any more

you did learn of the best ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Perfect Windows

« Reply #159 on: August 16, 2014, 07:20:23 pm »

you did learn of the best ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I learned from some right chancer I met in a pub car park.

Vin