Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jonny 87

Re: Trad is always superior in customers eyes over wfp
« Reply #120 on: August 14, 2014, 08:42:18 am »
Let me guess...........

100% trad are you cozy?

;D

I am 100% trad. Seriously, and with all due respect, please tell me why you and DG Cleaning seem to have a problem with this.

Many thanks,
John

Absoloutely no problem at all with trad john. I started off trad and I still do a few days a month totally trad with the good old ladders.

It just always seems that the people who are always bigging up trad and showing the downsides of WFP etc are 100% trad.

Surely it would be better if you did both then you could give a fair review of both methods and still choose whichever method you preferred to do the job?

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

C o z y

« Reply #121 on: August 14, 2014, 12:34:10 pm »
Let me guess...........

100% trad are you cozy?

;D

I am 100% trad. Seriously, and with all due respect, please tell me why you and DG Cleaning seem to have a problem with this.

Many thanks,
John

Absoloutely no problem at all with trad john. I started off trad and I still do a few days a month totally trad with the good old ladders.

It just always seems that the people who are always bigging up trad and showing the downsides of WFP etc are 100% trad.

Surely it would be better if you did both then you could give a fair review of both methods and still choose whichever method you preferred to do the job?

If you look long enough on here, you'll see it's the other way round mate. WFPers want to show how clever they are because they have to educate their custies about how ladders are illegal and soap leaves huge blue stripes on their windows, and this kills custies pets blah blah blah. So some of them want trad banned, so they don't have the disadvantage of granny Jones thinking they are getting money for waving a pole with a garden hose about and getting paid for it.

All these misconceptions from Joe public, stand in the way of some WFPers. Not all, but some of these people got into window cleaning directly with WFP. What happens is, some people get stuck in a job they hate, or lose their job. So they look at their options, and think, "I've heard there's money in window cleaning".

All they need is a mop and squeegie, a head for heights, a basic ability to use both hands, and little fear of rejection so they can knock doors. HOWEVER, a lot of these people, have a basic fear of contact with the public, little or no hand - eye co-ordination, and maybe even a fear of heights. Great start eh?

So they go WFP and pay someone with bottle like Wizz or Mick Kent to do the contact and rejection stuff, then come on here and gob off about how good they are, and how thick the old school tradders are.

Later on, they come on here gobbing off about the summer brigade nicking their custies, and how to get more work. While at the same time spouting off about how they have 4 holidays a month in St Moritz and are thinking about expanding to setting an apprentice on. All happening while sitting on here all day, while the rest of us are putting in at least 4 half days a week to earn what we need. If you look closely, you'll see most dumb tradders are home by mid day to early afternoon. and take time to read the dross on here, while having a good laugh.

After a while on CIU, having read all this cr@p for a couple of years, you end up posting nearly exclusively on the chat section of the forum.  ;D

HTH

Added later. If I was working in sunny UK, in all honesty, I'd be at least 90% WFP. You have really awkward windows that are above sloping rooves etc, and many other hard to get at windows. The access can be poor, but in your situation, I understand the safety aspects, and on that alone, WFP is miles ahead of trad IMO.

It's the attitude of window CLEANERS that makes the most trouble. Note the word cleaners. We're just cleaners, so it's not life and death lads.  ::)roll

P.S. WFPers cant fight  ;D
No still don't understand, I must be thick

SeanK

« Reply #122 on: August 14, 2014, 03:03:51 pm »
Cosy I couldn't agree with you more, and that's from somebody who's a window cleaner first and a wfp'er
second.
By the way we don't need to know how to fight, we just need to be able to crack a pole over a persons head
before they get too close. ;D
A Brodex alloy would be the recommended choice for this.

Mick Kent

« Reply #123 on: August 14, 2014, 03:11:38 pm »
I do both methods, wfp tops and trad most bottoms because i like the finish of trad better but dont like going up and down ladders for tops so for me its a happy middle! however if trad was so superior amongst window cleaners then why dont we get any wfp guys changing to trad???.

C o z y

« Reply #124 on: August 14, 2014, 03:20:32 pm »
Don't know Mick, but a few on here have, and posted about it. They got slagged off, but ................
It's no good saying that customers don't care either. It's the comments and attitude to WFP from custies, that causes some WFPers coming on forums telling tradders that WFP is the future and safer etc.
They need to convince the public with results, not other windies. It takes time I suppose.
No still don't understand, I must be thick

Mick Kent

« Reply #125 on: August 14, 2014, 03:32:02 pm »
Agreed, we all know both methods works, all the customer see's with a wfp guy is a squirt of water and left to dry where as with trad they see them soap, clear and dry.

Thinking about it if i didnt know anything about wfp and someone with a long pole squirted water on my windows and then asked for a tenner id tell him where to go lol.. ;D

DG Cleaning

« Reply #126 on: August 14, 2014, 06:27:41 pm »
I agree DG. Archer is a very successful windy. He's also a spudheaded morris dancing bike seat sniffer who can't control himself.
He's not been on here for quite a while though. I really miss him.  :(

;D

SeanK

« Reply #127 on: August 14, 2014, 06:41:32 pm »
I know a few who have went back to traditional methods but if they came on here they would be
accused of being too thick to master the method.
I know one guy who's business nearly went under because of converting to the pole, nothing to do with his
inability to master the method his round was full of problem windows.
Imagine the abuse he would have got if he had posted his experiences on here.
Again Cozy your spot on.

Johnny B

« Reply #128 on: August 15, 2014, 02:06:21 am »
I agree with Cozy and SeanK. By the way, please look through any previous posts of mine and nowhere will you see that I have ever slagged off wfp. It has mostly been wfp'ers belittling us old schoolers for keeping the industry in the dark ages, as they see it, and in some cases blatantly lying that ladders are banned etc. I have asked serious questions in the past concerning the costs of setting up and maintenance of converting to wfp, following which I have decided to remain trad.

I agree with those who say that both methods work. I simply have chosen to stay as I am because I want to keep things simple, so I don't believe that wfp is for me (no disrespect to you wfp guys)..

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

DG Cleaning

« Reply #129 on: August 15, 2014, 03:48:52 pm »
I agree with Cozy and SeanK. By the way, please look through any previous posts of mine and nowhere will you see that I have ever slagged off wfp. It has mostly been wfp'ers belittling us old schoolers for keeping the industry in the dark ages, as they see it, and in some cases blatantly lying that ladders are banned etc. I have asked serious questions in the past concerning the costs of setting up and maintenance of converting to wfp, following which I have decided to remain trad.

I agree with those who say that both methods work. I simply have chosen to stay as I am because I want to keep things simple, so I don't believe that wfp is for me (no disrespect to you wfp guys)..

John

Wfp is much simpler than many on here would have you believe.

SeanK

« Reply #130 on: August 15, 2014, 07:31:19 pm »
I don't think anybody on here is questioning the simplicity of using a WFP system its
the results that most people question.

Johnny B

« Reply #131 on: August 15, 2014, 10:05:08 pm »

John

Wfp is much simpler than many on here would have you believe.

Trad is simple enough for me (or vice versa).  ;)

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Bungle

« Reply #132 on: August 15, 2014, 10:25:18 pm »
Yes, and I've got 5 years to go till I pack it all in mate. Looked at WFP, and it's next to useless here in ze Fatherland. Ladders on domestics on German domestics are hardly needed. All windows open inwards, and are cleaned both sides, on appointment.
We clean another 200 plus Brit/MOD custies on a 6 weekly basis too, but they are only possible using trolly or back pack, as most are terraced.

So, yes I'm trad, and I clean inside and out, because I can do both. Where-as, some people claim to be tradesmen and windies, but can't clean insides.
Like a plumber who can only fit 1/4 pipes in straight lines, or bricklayers that can't do rightangle corners.

The arrogance of a windy, that can't clean insides without a Kärcher housewives tool is really funny to me. To assume all tradders are thick and skint, just shows how far some dense people are up their own backsides mate. There are, thankfully, only a few on here. They, and the rest of us know who they are.  ;D

Spot on. I'm a hybrid window cleaner. These Johnny come lately WFP drongos with their posh vans and 10 grand Ionics systems do my lemon. Ooh look at me with a big frig off tank in the back of my brand new van. Feck orf ya tw@ts.
We look at them, they look through them.

Jonny 87

« Reply #133 on: August 15, 2014, 10:56:39 pm »
Yes, and I've got 5 years to go till I pack it all in mate. Looked at WFP, and it's next to useless here in ze Fatherland. Ladders on domestics on German domestics are hardly needed. All windows open inwards, and are cleaned both sides, on appointment.
We clean another 200 plus Brit/MOD custies on a 6 weekly basis too, but they are only possible using trolly or back pack, as most are terraced.

So, yes I'm trad, and I clean inside and out, because I can do both. Where-as, some people claim to be tradesmen and windies, but can't clean insides.
Like a plumber who can only fit 1/4 pipes in straight lines, or bricklayers that can't do rightangle corners.

The arrogance of a windy, that can't clean insides without a Kärcher housewives tool is really funny to me. To assume all tradders are thick and skint, just shows how far some dense people are up their own backsides mate. There are, thankfully, only a few on here. They, and the rest of us know who they are.  ;D

Spot on. I'm a hybrid window cleaner. These Johnny come lately WFP drongos with their posh vans and 10 grand Ionics systems do my lemon. Ooh look at me with a big frig off tank in the back of my brand new van. Feck orf ya tw@ts.

Jealousy is a terrible thing.

😀
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Tom-01

« Reply #134 on: August 16, 2014, 01:46:57 am »
If WFP really isn't any good then why are there so many people doing it?

« Reply #135 on: August 16, 2014, 02:39:18 am »

I think it's only slagged off by those who can't afford it. Bless them.

Jonny 87

« Reply #136 on: August 16, 2014, 07:32:30 am »

I think it's only slagged off by those who can't afford it. Bless them.

I think your onto something there.

:)

SeanK

« Reply #137 on: August 16, 2014, 08:04:29 am »

Tom read the posts, nobody is saying that WFP isn't any good but as a method it has its pros and cons.
Iv built an excellent round using WFP methods and wouldn't change, but I wouldn't come on here and
pretend that its a magic wand that works on every window every time.
Its seems to be on this forum your either 100% for wfp or 100% against it.

oldman

« Reply #138 on: August 16, 2014, 08:14:30 am »
Soooo, us people who've mastered the technique of both WFP and Trad must be the 'Elite' of window cleaners  ;)

Perfect Windows

« Reply #139 on: August 16, 2014, 08:16:38 am »
Who cares about how windows are cleaned?

Clean them with the inside of a greasy flat cap if you want but make sure you do it for reliable customers who are happy with the job you do and who pay you.  That's the big secret of this business, the customers, not the method.

Vin