This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Coleman

Another story to dine out on :)
« on: July 30, 2014, 05:57:18 pm »
Well today most of my work was in a town about 5 or 6 miles away.  Between where I live and where I was working is a truck stop cafe.  Today I decided to stop in there on the way home for a bite to eat as I didn't fancy cooking this evening.  It's the time of day when the artics start rolling in to park up for the evening so I parked my van well out of the way on the far edge of the car park.  Anyway, I ate a leisurely meal, had a read and shared some banter with the truckers.  It's a nice atmosphere in there and the food is very good for a truck stop.
So I walked out of the door and, across the car park, I saw my van on the back of a recovery truck that was about to pull away at any moment.  Naturally, my leisurely pace quickened.
The driver just told me that someone had phoned them earlier to collect it.  I told him that it had only been parked there half an hour or so and he didn't seem to believe me.  I asked nicely at first but when that looked like it wasn't working I told him that I wanted my asterisking van back.  He then jumped in the cab.  I thought he was going to drive off so went to jump in after him.  It turned out that he only jumped in to retrieve his paperwork.  Upon inspecting it I received profuse apologies.  Afterwards I thought "I wonder if he was nicking it" so I phoned the recovery firm to check that it was a legit pick-up.  It was - though he was meant to pick up a Vivaro (mine's a Trafic) and it was the only van in the car park.
I'm left wondering how things might have turned out if I had been in the cafe two minutes longer.  I would have been phoning the police to report a stolen van.
I made it clear that I wasn't complaining about the driver - it's the sort of gaffe that anyone could make I suppose.  However, I did want to make sure that it was all legit.
I'm laughing but my humour would have been sorely tested if the van had gone.

bobplum

Re: Another story to dine out on :)
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 06:28:17 pm »
surely its the reg plate he needs to look at when collecting

DaveG

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 06:41:08 pm »
If it was my van I would have let him take it!
You can't polish a turd

tonyoliver

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 10:52:52 pm »
westealanyvan.com