This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

colin bird

Gardiners clx extension help please
« on: July 29, 2014, 09:47:09 pm »
Thanks for reading my post,I use a clx 22 as my regular pole I also use an xtel composite pole for higher jobs which I hate as it's to heavy.
I'm looking to buy extensions for my clx 22 ,I may be thick but have not seen the extensions ,is it easy to add one or two extensions to existing pole?when adding an extension ,I assume you have to pass the the pole hose through the extension,if yes is it time consuming for a couple of windows or am I best to invest in a new longer pole and bin the xtel heavy mother flaming pole

craig mcneil

Re: Gardiners clx extension help please
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 10:10:09 pm »
Yes, yes and yes. CLXs become a tad whippy over 25 feet. Adding two extensions will make your pole about 30 foot - it'll bend like a bendy thing. If you can, look into getting a SLX 30 footer. You can't go wrong.

Joe Bromley

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 10:11:42 pm »
I have the CLX 27 with an extension making it 31' (I think?)

I had the same reservations as you but it's a piece of cake to swap. When you buy the extension you'll get a new wider end cap to go on the extension pole.

- un-hook the pipe at the top by the head and pull out
- remove the original end cap you have on the bottom of the 22 (this is the hardest part; I used a fire poker to smack it off but I'm not saying you should)
- slide the extension over the widest section of the 22
- You then add the new end cap and put the pipe back through.

What size is your other pole? I keep all the sections to my 27 + the 4' section on all the time and don't see the need to separate them.

Joe

Joe Bromley

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 10:14:41 pm »
BTW I agree that its quite bendy at that height but its certainly manageable.

colin bird

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 10:18:50 pm »
Yes, yes and yes. CLXs become a tad whippy over 25 feet. Adding two extensions will make your pole about 30 foot - it'll bend like a bendy thing. If you can, look into getting a SLX 30 footer. You can't go wrong.
thanks for the that

Col

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 10:23:57 pm »
Do they still sell a extension for the original clx 27?
I have a couple of jobs where a extra couple of feet would come in handy.

Col

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 10:53:20 pm »
Cheers Joe that was what i was looking for.
48 pound and an end cap but worth it.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 07:59:51 am »
Thanks for reading my post,I use a clx 22 as my regular pole I also use an xtel composite pole for higher jobs which I hate as it's to heavy.
I'm looking to buy extensions for my clx 22 ,I may be thick but have not seen the extensions ,is it easy to add one or two extensions to existing pole?when adding an extension ,I assume you have to pass the the pole hose through the extension,if yes is it time consuming for a couple of windows or am I best to invest in a new longer pole and bin the xtel heavy mother flaming pole

Hi Colin

There is a short video on YouTube that shows how to add extra extension sections to our poles - http://youtu.be/wvkPMdr1z6g