This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian Rochester

RO system problems
« on: July 28, 2014, 06:46:53 pm »
Evening all, I've just started getting problems with our 4040 RO system (static system in workshop) and I can't solve it  :-\

We run a standard 4040 RO system, with two prefilters, carbon and particulate, and a large DI tank after the RO

I changed the pre-filters two weeks ago for new ones (do it every 3 months)

Last week the water into the tank shot up from basically 000 to 030-040 and it was coming out of the RO at around 060 (our tap water is around 180)

So I thought the RO is buggered, so I ordered a new one which came on Friday,  however the water is still coming out of the RO at 025 - 030 and I can't understand why, it was always around 003-005 in the past, with the DI just polishing the water into the receiver tank.

I've even changed both prefilters and replaced the resin, I'm now getting it into the tank at 001 -002 but really it should be 000

What am I doing wrong?

I was wondering if I had put the prefilters in the wrong sequence, got the paper filter first then the mesh filter (20" filters)

I've never had to use water softeners in the past but will do if necessary.

PoleKing

Re: RO system problems
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 06:50:44 pm »
Are you still making water at the same rate?
Have you measured your pure:waste?
Sounds like your waste could be too low...
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Ian Rochester

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 06:54:33 pm »
I did look at that and I've backed the ratio right off, even when it is just coming out at a low rate I still cannot get it to 000

Avo

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 06:56:23 pm »
Evening all, I've just started getting problems with our 4040 RO system (static system in workshop) and I can't solve it  :-\

We run a standard 4040 RO system, with two prefilters, carbon and particulate, and a large DI tank after the RO

I changed the pre-filters two weeks ago for new ones (do it every 3 months)

Last week the water into the tank shot up from basically 000 to 030-040 and it was coming out of the RO at around 060 (our tap water is around 180)

So I thought the RO is buggered, so I ordered a new one which came on Friday,  however the water is still coming out of the RO at 025 - 030 and I can't understand why, it was always around 003-005 in the past, with the DI just polishing the water into the receiver tank.

I've even changed both prefilters and replaced the resin, I'm now getting it into the tank at 001 -002 but really it should be 000

What am I doing wrong?

I was wondering if I had put the prefilters in the wrong sequence, got the paper filter first then the mesh filter (20" filters)

I've never had to use water softeners in the past but will do if necessary.
was the water in the tank contaminated then because it might a few fill ups to settle down to 000 we had similar problem last month

Ian Rochester

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 07:05:40 pm »
I've dumped all the water that was in the tank, I've been taking the reading at the end of the hose after the DI

Ian Rochester

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 07:07:12 pm »
How do most people have their systems set up and how are they maintaining them? 

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 09:24:37 pm »
Ian,

This May or may not have any influence on the RO but I get a rise in TDS during hot weather, my set up is basically the same except I use 2 di canisters

RO normally puts out a TDS of 15 ( from last November to mid June ) it is currently at 40 - tap TDS is usually around 320 but currently 355

I have noticed this rise each time the outside temp get into the high 20's and does drop back during winter

HTH
Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

dannymack

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 08:14:19 am »
Wouldn't think the temp would alter the pure water after the Di. I think it could be your membrane may have bacteria there. Don't think a softener will do any difference except maybe extend the life of the membrane, but the cost of salt tablets every so often wouldn't be worth the little extension of the membrane. Could be different typ of resin it maybe a dodgy resin. My tap water is 480 comes out of my Ro at 008, I don't really need to put it thru my Di resin as I work up to 020 with no probs but I do and it comes down to 000 which stays on that for around a year, I do have the 25L bottle.