This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul erithwc

Gopro camera surveys/gutter check
« on: July 27, 2014, 10:00:41 am »
For those that use the cameras do you just use them to quotes and vac the gutters or do you charge a set fee just to do a winter check aswell ??

Im thinking about getting one and charging a set fee to do like a winter check for my existing customers not sure if it would take off though  ??? ???

Paul

Clever Forum Name

Re: Gopro camera surveys/gutter check
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 10:16:32 am »
Both :)

Danny F

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 10:13:41 pm »
I know if i charged to look into a gutter they would drop me in an instant lol

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 10:44:58 pm »
You can offer survey, only been taken up 3 or 4 times over 5 years for me
People normally just go ahead with the clear
Don't really need to look in them after you've done a few - you get to know when it cleared or not and go pro is like 6 times the cost of a simple bird box camera and wireless receiver

Save your money - spend it something more worthwhile - IMHO

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

davids3511

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 10:48:42 pm »
I know if i charged to look into a gutter they would drop me in an instant lol
I know, I get that they would be ped but it's irrational. You get ladders out, look into the gutter and there's nothing in them. It was still time you could have been somewhere else doing something else and getting paid.

No money, no lookee.

SeanK

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 11:13:05 pm »
I use a mirror that clips onto my pole, lets me see into the gutters and I can show the customers
if they want to check also.
Most take your word for it that they are cleared especially if your using a fancy gutter vac.

Spursboy1972

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 06:05:11 am »
I wouldn't bother.. We bought the camera from omnivac when we bought our gutter vac. I used it twice at first  (as you do when something is new) then got fed up with it as it took too long to set up.. On houses you can feel whether the gutter is empty or not...
Clear Vision~"The Difference is Clear"

Southampton- Hampshire

wpclean

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 09:33:47 am »
The really useful thing about using the camera is checking the top of the downpipes, especially the swan necks.
I use it every time now after being called back on a job after it had rained, and the gutter was overflowing due to the domnpipe being full !

AJ

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 08:22:11 pm »
On a couple of occasions i have cable tied my phone to a pole and recorded it. Its easier to watch it when the screen is in your hand than when the screen is on the pole.