This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

harry willett

Upgraded from a backpack
« on: July 27, 2014, 07:27:12 am »
I have been using a backpack on a maplin trolly for a year now working 6 days a week, have now installed a 500l tank etc and went out with it this week my life has been transfomed. How I have done the year with a backpack I dont know. It feels so much easier now on the first day my output has gone through the roof, seem to be using more water but I dont mind it all feels so much more professional. Thanks to everyone on this forum for all your advice and comments

Clever Forum Name

Re: Upgraded from a backpack
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 07:32:34 am »
Depends on how your system was working.

I had a trolley system for 3/4 years and then went to van mounts.

I am still on van mounts BUT i will be building/buying another trolley system.

Having worked my round i know what houses and what "compact" estates would be quicker of a trolley.

The key thing is filling with water. I used a bilge pump so could fill a trolley in under 30 secs.

Hose is great and it CAN be faster. Its not always faster.

harry willett

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 07:36:58 am »
yes agreed will still have my backpack in the van but most of my houses have good access and park on the drive, my house is all on a slope so had to carry my barrels up and down about 30 steps and found i spent a lot of time decanting water into the backpack and wasting water with overspill

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 07:38:54 am »
Ohhhh thats not nice! Yeah good job!

Run a van mount for 6 months then look at each house and work out is a trolley quicker?

Forget barrels.

12v bilge pump, hose,couple of tank connections and a trigger £35 And you can fill ya trolley like you would at a petrol pump :)

tlwcs

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 08:45:57 am »
Which back pack did you use 6 days a week?
Tony

harry willett

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 08:47:17 am »
Gardiner and its still going strong

tlwcs

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 08:48:03 am »
Gardiner and its still going strong

Thank you

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 09:05:49 am »

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 12:27:16 pm »
for me 9 times out of 10 its easier and faster to use 100m of hose and van mount.i also have a 500L tank which i think is the perfect size for a sole trader.plenty of pure available for a full days work IMO.

i also have a 19L gardiners backpack which does come in handy for a few jobs a week.i wouldnt be without it now.its also good for applying virosol to really dirty f/s/g at height.

to fill my backpack i just use the hose feed from my tank to pump.it takes about 2 mins to fill to the brim.i can live with that as its only used for the odd awkward job.

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Plankton

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 01:36:35 pm »
My pump box for tank stopped last week, I think it's a bad connection on the negative so after messing with it and not having my spare with me and as I'm impatient I decided to drop the hose from the tank into the backpack to save filling time and the hose reel on the other end to finish off a few houses from the same spot.
The transfer pump sounds good to me where can I find one.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 05:15:26 pm »
SEARCH EBAY 12V BILGE PUMP

thats for filling your backpack :)