This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

andyM

Re: Who was it who wanted pics of virosol staining?
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2014, 09:14:43 am »
I haven't used a sprayer to apply any sort of chem cleaner for a couple of years.
If I do use anything I apply it straight to the brush.
So never get any overspray problems.  ;)
One of the Plebs

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2014, 09:18:56 am »
The job was massively under priced for what it was so i was in a rush, never have issues with over spray usually

G & M

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2014, 11:20:35 am »
I got orange staining on gutters before. It happened where there was muck on the places I had emptied the gutters. There seemed to be a reaction between the muck and the chemicals. I got it off using an acidic toilet cleaner and limescale remover. Hope this helps.

rosskesava

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2014, 11:52:53 am »
With me, I was using Virosol on some window sills to remove dirt, etc, by spraying the window ledges first before cleaning the windows with wfp.

When I was at the ladies front door getting paid, I looked down and noticed the orange spots on the plastic door step bit/thing which was odd as when I cleaned the door, there was no orange spots on the step.

It dawned on me that after cleaning the front door first and when spraying the window sill next to the door, the wind blew some of the spray on to the door step and had dried.

I'd also unconsciously noticed odd orange spots, stains, etc, on other houses and didn't really think anything of it but after that ladies doorstep, I realised Virosol was the one thing in common.

I've tried various things since then to remove the orange marks without any success at all so I'll give bog cleaner a go.

Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Jonny 87

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2014, 02:33:57 pm »
That staining is after magic sponges. Solvents and washing about 10 times.

I wanted to take photos before I even touched it. But when you have the owner looking at every part of his property I was like sod this lol I need to get these cleaned quick smart.

It was about 1:5

Like an idiot I used virosol to use it up as I think it's rubbish. I got staining before with it you see.

Hmmmmm,

This worries me. I have never had any problems with virosol but I don't want to get into trouble in the future. The most concentrated I use it is about 1-10 so that mayb helps.

Usually I do 1-20.

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher