Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jonny 87

Re: is 6 grand a month achievable working on own
« Reply #100 on: July 26, 2014, 06:27:39 pm »
my average price is nearer 12 quid not 7.50!!

Mayb you should have taken more of them maths classes (funded by us tax payers) while you were banged up.

You have 790 customers and you say you have £6,000 a month revenue.

£6,000 divided by 790.................

Drum roll please.............£7.50.

😀😀😀

drum roll please for the prize idiot of the thread.............congratulations itsssss Jonny (OnlyUseMeWFP)

😥😥😥

I feel ashamed of myself.

I'm just working so hard these days and juggling family/work life is difficult.

I'm constantly tired..................richy do you have any E's I can buy off you? I need a boost and It's just this once to get me through the week.

;D
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #101 on: July 26, 2014, 06:44:50 pm »
If you was in your 20s/30s it can be done but when you're the wrong side 40, doing 6k a month would be too much work imo.

Cheeky sod; I'm 45, get to my local Nuffield Gym 5 evenings per week and can run rings around most lads half my age lol!!!!
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

richywilts

« Reply #102 on: July 26, 2014, 06:48:06 pm »
The thing is, Richy, you're asking if something is achievable. Surely that only matters on your round.
And you know your round and yourself better than we do, anyway.

Personally, I think you're getting your priorities wrong. Just get back to work, pay the bills and forget about numbers and getting rich.

Boring is good, sometimes.

i was never thinking about getting rich im just weighing up the options before i start and was wondering if i could manage the work i have on my own if worked 6 days could it be done, do others get thru that much work on there own, i was just thinking 6 days x 250 a day is possible obv not long term but its shame to get rid of quality work at same time just a case of seeing the wood for the trees
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

richywilts

« Reply #103 on: July 26, 2014, 06:49:34 pm »

Mayb you should have taken more of them maths classes (funded by us tax payers) while you were banged up.

😀😀😀

drum roll please for the prize idiot of the thread.............congratulations itsssss Jonny (OnlyUseMeWFP)

😥😥😥

I'm constantly tired..................richy do you have any E's I can buy off you? I need a boost and It's just this once to get me through the week.

;D

ya prob better off with whizz cheaper and makes ya rush round
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

Jonny 87

« Reply #104 on: July 26, 2014, 07:00:10 pm »

😀😀😀

😥😥😥

;D

ya prob better off with whizz cheaper and makes ya rush round

😳😳😳😳😳
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

paul13

« Reply #105 on: July 26, 2014, 08:39:35 pm »
Not read all the posts but got to hand it to you richy you make an interesting topic :D

As for your question its possible ;) I know a couple of guys who do it
week in week out month after month and completed last year with out missing.

In your circumstances would you not be better letting the guys continue working
your round maybe take 1000 of work to kick you off and build another round while
building up to working full time yourself.

richywilts

« Reply #106 on: July 26, 2014, 08:55:50 pm »
to be fair to the lads they have all just been keeping it going for my benefit they do not particularly want to carry on window cleaning etc
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

tlwcs

« Reply #107 on: July 26, 2014, 09:00:31 pm »
Hang on, help me out here please.
The lads who have serviced your round while you were away don't want to be part of the/your business anymore.
Whys that then or have they taken over the other business lol
Tony

paul13

« Reply #108 on: July 26, 2014, 09:14:04 pm »
It says a lot for these guys if they kept your run going and are
now not wanting anything  to do with it.

richywilts

« Reply #109 on: July 26, 2014, 09:27:42 pm »
Hang on, help me out here please.
The lads who have serviced your round while you were away don't want to be part of the/your business anymore.
Whys that then or have they taken over the other business lol
Tony

well my mate ste whose been running it is very busy with his own doesnt particularly like window cleaning, he just stepped in to help me out n steady the ship, think hes gonna take one of the other lads whose his friend to labour for him and the other lad has had enough of window cleaning now
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

Tom-01

« Reply #110 on: July 27, 2014, 01:09:26 am »
You should aim for £6k a week.

Tom

Tom-01

« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2014, 01:10:04 am »
Actually don't aim for it, just enjoy what you do.

Tom

martin hulstone

« Reply #112 on: July 27, 2014, 10:32:13 am »
This forum is supposed to be for people asking for sound advise, not for di..heads asking stupid questions living in a dream world.......

richywilts

« Reply #113 on: July 27, 2014, 10:44:49 am »
This forum is supposed to be for people asking for sound advise, not for di..heads asking stupid questions living in a dream world.......

who ya calling a dickhead martin best not be me
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

gary999

« Reply #114 on: July 27, 2014, 11:11:35 am »

Dont be an arse ricardo ;D,arent you supposed to be trying to reform your
character,if you rise so easily to someone calling you meaningless names
on a internet forum you are truly buggered! :)

Mick Kent

« Reply #115 on: July 27, 2014, 11:34:22 am »
I wouldnt call him a dickhead, he is defo a positive thinker, sadly not a positive do'er.
This post for example is so pointless, 790 customers every 6 weeks is a doable target for anyone to get through if decent compact houses especially if loads are fronts and terrace scattared in as only works out 26 jobs a day(5 jobs an hour for 5 hours or just over 4 an hour for 6hours).
From reading his back threads and some of his posts the man has some self belief issuesas always has the need to try something else and not get started what he planned on doing at the start!
If i was you richy id simply just get on with it. You have a blinder of a workload by the sounds of it to get through that many would be jealous of. Why not get fully organised and simply get it done like everyother window cleaner does in the world instead of asking the obvious!
No disrespect intended. But Just go out and do it as doing puts food on the table earning you a crust where as asking pointless questions doesnt.

richywilts

« Reply #116 on: July 27, 2014, 11:48:20 am »

Dont be an arse ricardo ;D,arent you supposed to be trying to reform your
character,if you rise so easily to someone calling you meaningless names
on a internet forum you are truly buggered! :)

i just didnt think it was called for i wasnt living in a dreamworld ive said in earlier posts i think its too much myself just wanted to know if other sole traders achieve these figures at all whilst i make some decisions on what to do, he saying its for asking advice etc which is what im trying to gain from the post taking on board peoples opinions not sarcastic comments
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richywilts

« Reply #117 on: July 27, 2014, 11:52:30 am »
I wouldnt call him a dickhead, he is defo a positive thinker, sadly not a positive do'er.
This post for example is so pointless, 790 customers every 6 weeks is a doable target for anyone to get through if decent compact houses especially if loads are fronts and terrace scattared in as only works out 26 jobs a day(5 jobs an hour for 5 hours or just over 4 an hour for 6hours).
From reading his back threads and some of his posts the man has some self belief issuesas always has the need to try something else and not get started what he planned on doing at the start!
If i was you richy id simply just get on with it. You have a blinder of a workload by the sounds of it to get through that many would be jealous of. Why not get fully organised and simply get it done like everyother window cleaner does in the world instead of asking the obvious!
No disrespect intended. But Just go out and do it as doing puts food on the table earning you a crust where as asking pointless questions doesnt.

cheers mick when i broke it down over six days 250 sounds quite achievable however i know how tiring it can be too hit that amount everyday with all the issues which arise when window cleaning i know it prob wouldnt run as smoothly as you would like i think with a bit of tinkering and culling and some good organisation i can prob hit around the 4500-5000 mark i think 6000 personally is bit too much too ask, ive just got to look at the workload and see which areas are worth keeping etc
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

Paul Coleman

« Reply #118 on: July 27, 2014, 04:46:15 pm »

cheers mick when i broke it down over six days 250 sounds quite achievable however i know how tiring it can be too hit that amount everyday with all the issues which arise when window cleaning i know it prob wouldnt run as smoothly as you would like i think with a bit of tinkering and culling and some good organisation i can prob hit around the 4500-5000 mark i think 6000 personally is bit too much too ask, ive just got to look at the workload and see which areas are worth keeping etc

That sounds a bit more realistic from here.  I have only ever exceeded £4k in a month once ever.  If I had more work I reckon £4.5k - maybe even £4.8k - would be doable for me away from the Winter. But I'm not so sure that my body would handle it if I tried it too many months in a row.  Also, I don't think my mind would handle it either as it can get a bit gruelling.  I prefer to earn a bit less, save my body and do some creative writing for fun. Visiting a gallery or museum feels quite liberating too.  My brain screams for variety and I need an artistic outlet too.  Without that, I may as well be a zombie.  All work and no play (or too knackered to play) would be a train wreck for someone like me.

martin hulstone

« Reply #119 on: July 27, 2014, 09:22:58 pm »
Maybe i was a little harsh but in fairness only you can answer the question you asked ie only you know your hourly rate, your average rain fall, holidays, sick days,cant be arsed days etc.....