This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: is 6 grand a month achievable working on own
« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2014, 11:03:36 pm »
Course it's possible. Then you can post pictures of your car, van, house etc  ::)roll
Bummer!  ;D

;D

gavinb

« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2014, 11:19:59 pm »
Id ask Harun how he does it !

Say you have 800 customers on a 4 weekly schedule thats 200 a week
That in turn makes it 40 per day !
Is your work compact enough to do 40 per day ?

Just on averages alone you are looking at £7.50 per house from the maths involved
I would be inclined to try and raise the jobs to £10 average per job and if you lose a quarter of the work you would still be earning the same amount for %25 less work
Over the 4 weeks this in turn would work out to 10 less jobs per day but you would still earn the same amount of money .

Myself i can do on average 18 jobs per day that is with my work set out in each area each different week .
I start at 9.30 most days and finish at around 3.30

In my opinion you probably need to reschedule your work to make it more profitable .
If a customer says can you do it so and so day say im in that area on x day and its that day only i work in the area .

Ive only been going for 2 years and im not near full i work 11 days over the 4 week cycle but i take £2800 for 11 days work .
Its all a numbers game .

Hopefully this may help you richie .

Ste b

« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2014, 11:20:57 pm »
think its approx 790 at minute spread over six weeks

So if you stayed on 6 weekly cleans you'd have to do 26 a day, everyday, i couldnt do that day in day out, on top of that theres  the admin, collecting  etc
The purpose of life is to have a life full of purpose

richywilts

« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2014, 11:29:39 pm »
im going to put the prices up a little so may lose some customers i think i may sell some of the further afield work and reinvest the money back in the business think its defo gonna be too much to handle
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Window Lickers

« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2014, 11:31:33 pm »
790 custards Richy?

To be blunt feck that!
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

Joe Bromley

« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2014, 12:16:10 am »
I have to agree I do think you ask some funny questions, but thats diversity.

Basic maths of your situation is 790 customers, 6 days a week every 6 weeks works out to about 21/22 houses a day. In theory fine but with colds or van troubles or umpteen other delays leading to days off the tools or even lack of speed and falling behind - maybe think about a lad assisting you...

Go for it though. Why not?

Window Lickers

« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2014, 12:23:21 am »
just working out my options is 6000 a month achievable working on my own as in getting thru the work ive already got the work

Depends, are you selling straight from the importer? Coke is pretty crap these days for a decent margin, forget that. What were you thinking of selling?
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

rosskesava

« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2014, 12:25:35 am »
6 grand a month on your own.

;D ;D ;D

What's the next joke, 50 houses a day? 10 minutes a house?

Best place to post such claims is here:

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=97611.1280

Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

mgba_78

« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2014, 11:24:49 am »

Thank you :-)

Right to do £6k per month at the average rate of £7.59 a job, NO WAY is it possible!!

Based on my previous workings out :-

£6k - 20 days work is £300 a day- - - - - 40 jobs per day, EVERY DAY
£6k - 19 days work is £315 a day- - - - - 42 jobs per day, EVERY DAY
£6k - 18 days work is £333 a day- - - - - 44 jobs per day EVERY DAY
£6k - 17 days work is £352 a day- - - - - 47 jobs per day, EVERY DAY
£6k - 16 days work is £375 a day- - - - - 50 jobs per day, EVERY DAY

Honestly l'd just pick the best jobs and make a half decent round out of the 759 custys you have!

At an average price of £7.59 you must have some tiddlers, money wise like a few quid, think abut this, if you spoke to half your customers per day, other half would be out at work or what ever, for as little as only 1 minutes that adds nearly an hour to your day!  And as youre already up against it the task of earning the target is even harder!!!!

If it were me, I'd sit down and work out where my best paying days were, compact, no/little hassle etc etc and start by making 16-18 days of work, any problem houses bad customers, stupidly low prices either sell or just done go back, or even try and put um up, you never know  ;D

Forget employing for now!  You need a solid round where YOU are doing £250+ per day!! Every day you are out working!

Even if you think about employing and working in the same van you will earn less, we have done this and proved it!!!   1 in a van does most days £300, two in a van doesnt do £600 more like £450+ Obviously there are days which are exceptions to this but its not the "norm"

Cull you round, get a good base then make the decision when/if you need to, but youre probably years away from this imo!

:-)

Oooooo that is shiny!!

richywilts

« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2014, 11:31:29 am »

Thank you :-)

Right to do £6k per month at the average rate of £7.59 a job, NO WAY is it possible!!

Based on my previous workings out :-

£6k - 20 days work is £300 a day- - - - - 40 jobs per day, EVERY DAY
£6k - 19 days work is £315 a day- - - - - 42 jobs per day, EVERY DAY
£6k - 18 days work is £333 a day- - - - - 44 jobs per day EVERY DAY
£6k - 17 days work is £352 a day- - - - - 47 jobs per day, EVERY DAY
£6k - 16 days work is £375 a day- - - - - 50 jobs per day, EVERY DAY

Honestly l'd just pick the best jobs and make a half decent round out of the 759 custys you have!

At an average price of £7.59 you must have some tiddlers, money wise like a few quid, think abut this, if you spoke to half your customers per day, other half would be out at work or what ever, for as little as only 1 minutes that adds nearly an hour to your day!  And as youre already up against it the task of earning the target is even harder!!!!

If it were me, I'd sit down and work out where my best paying days were, compact, no/little hassle etc etc and start by making 16-18 days of work, any problem houses bad customers, stupidly low prices either sell or just done go back, or even try and put um up, you never know  ;D

Forget employing for now!  You need a solid round where YOU are doing £250+ per day!! Every day you are out working!

Even if you think about employing and working in the same van you will earn less, we have done this and proved it!!!   1 in a van does most days £300, two in a van doesnt do £600 more like £450+ Obviously there are days which are exceptions to this but its not the "norm"

Cull you round, get a good base then make the decision when/if you need to, but youre probably years away from this imo!

:-)

cheers for the breakdown my 790 customers are spread out over six weekly some may even be 12 weekly etc, so really its 9000 every six weeks that the round does

Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richywilts

« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2014, 11:33:12 am »
my average price is nearer 12 quid not 7.50!!
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

Jonny 87

« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2014, 02:29:31 pm »

Mayb you should have taken more of them maths classes (funded by us tax payers) while you were banged up.

You have 790 customers and you say you have £6,000 a month revenue.

£6,000 divided by 790.................

Drum roll please.............£7.50.

😀😀😀

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

HampshireWindowCleaning

« Reply #92 on: July 26, 2014, 02:59:29 pm »
He's already said it's 790 custies over 6 weeks, total £9k

p1w1

« Reply #93 on: July 26, 2014, 04:09:26 pm »

Mayb you should have taken more of them maths classes (funded by us tax payers) while you were banged up.

😀😀😀

couple of reading lessons wouldn't go a miss  ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #94 on: July 26, 2014, 04:37:27 pm »

mick ive had it cleaned by staff before, i personally think its too much to do on my own i just wanted peoples opinions im only thinking short term till xmas time maybe then either sell some off or employ someone

Richy,

You've stepped straight into the thought processes and routines that led you down the dark road you travelled a couple of years ago.  Stop trying to change things all the time.  You have a major idea or a fundamental question about how to work every two days.

Step back, take on an amount of work every day that you can sustain and forget the money.  As I've said, if that means stretching the round out a little, do it. Just run your business without worrying for six weeks and you'll get the answers you need.

You need to calm down and remember that what's happening to you now is worthwhile and worth living.  If you don't, you'll head back in the direction you did before where the quick buck tempts you.

Vin
Spot on.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Perfect Windows

« Reply #95 on: July 26, 2014, 05:05:15 pm »

😀😀😀

couple of reading lessons wouldn't go a miss  ;D

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Internet_law#Skitt.27s_Law

Vin

richywilts

« Reply #96 on: July 26, 2014, 05:07:55 pm »

😀😀😀

drum roll please for the prize idiot of the thread.............congratulations itsssss Jonny (OnlyUseMeWFP)
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

8weekly

« Reply #97 on: July 26, 2014, 06:08:12 pm »

😀😀😀

drum roll please for the prize idiot of the thread.............congratulations itsssss Jonny (OnlyUseMeWFP)
Pot calling kettle black?  :-\

richywilts

« Reply #98 on: July 26, 2014, 06:12:31 pm »

😀😀😀

Pot calling kettle black?  :-\

why am i an idiot coz ive asked if something is achievable
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

G Griffin

« Reply #99 on: July 26, 2014, 06:27:16 pm »
The thing is, Richy, you're asking if something is achievable. Surely that only matters on your round.
And you know your round and yourself better than we do, anyway.

Personally, I think you're getting your priorities wrong. Just get back to work, pay the bills and forget about numbers and getting rich.

Boring is good, sometimes.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐