This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

alfie11

Re: is 6 grand a month achievable working on own
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2014, 05:15:07 pm »
If you was in your 20s/30s it can be done but when you're the wrong side 40, doing 6k a month would be too much work imo.

Tom White

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2014, 05:16:06 pm »
Its depends on your geographic.

Here in surrey £6k a month is very achievable.

I read some Tosh on this forum.  

Have you started rolling out your franchise yet? ;)

dazmond

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2014, 05:27:11 pm »
richy when was the last time you worked on the tools day in/day out,month in/month out?say 6 or 7 hours "on the glass" time(not including lunch/coffee breaks)5 days a week?

i bet it was a long time ago.

ive been working a solid 5 or 6 days a week for about 6 weeks now.ive got a half day to do tomorrow then a full 8 days off.

i need a break every month/6 weeks as it grinds me down and i get fed up and tired with window cleaning and the add on jobs.

a nice week off next week and ill be nice and fresh for a busy 3 weeks work before my holiday! :)

im very organised and efficient and work hard every day when im on the tools plus  the admin,chasing up payments,equipment maintenance etc but it does grind you down after a few weeks.
price higher/work harder!

Dave Willis

« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2014, 05:31:28 pm »
Ummm what happens to the guys who've been doing all the work whilst you've been on your 'holidays'? Can't see them being happy when you turn up monday morning.

Window Lickers

« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2014, 05:38:35 pm »
Out of interest the £6k of work you have how many customers is it?

one of the more appropriate things to consider in this thread.
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

deeege

« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2014, 05:53:24 pm »
Ummm what happens to the guys who've been doing all the work whilst you've been on your 'holidays'? Can't see them being happy when you turn up monday morning.

I was wondering about that too.

The guy that's been running your business, doesn't he lurk on here aswell? Surely he's going to want to have a say in the direction you take it?
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

richywilts

« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2014, 05:54:13 pm »
mick ive got 6k a month at minute to start at i dont need to build it up i might just have to keep both vans and get a part timer in my dad might even fancy it keep him busy few days a week

i can easy do 200 a day with my fitness levels now

Are you the full toolbox??
If you already have 6k of work then you know if you can or cant do it on your own surely??

mick ive had it cleaned by staff before, i personally think its too much to do on my own i just wanted peoples opinions im only thinking short term till xmas time maybe then either sell some off or employ someone
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

richywilts

« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2014, 05:57:24 pm »

ste who has been running it for me was offered 50% if he wanted to stay involved hes declined saying he wants to concentrate on his own business interests as hes very busy i think he is taking one of the lads as its his friend to work in his business and craig who used to work for me doesnt want to carry on anymore now im out wants to do something else hes had enough of windows
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

Fin Clearview

« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2014, 06:09:38 pm »
Honestly? What is the point

Perfect Windows

« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2014, 06:46:13 pm »

mick ive had it cleaned by staff before, i personally think its too much to do on my own i just wanted peoples opinions im only thinking short term till xmas time maybe then either sell some off or employ someone

Richy,

You've stepped straight into the thought processes and routines that led you down the dark road you travelled a couple of years ago.  Stop trying to change things all the time.  You have a major idea or a fundamental question about how to work every two days.

Step back, take on an amount of work every day that you can sustain and forget the money.  As I've said, if that means stretching the round out a little, do it. Just run your business without worrying for six weeks and you'll get the answers you need.

You need to calm down and remember that what's happening to you now is worthwhile and worth living.  If you don't, you'll head back in the direction you did before where the quick buck tempts you.

Vin

8weekly

« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2014, 06:51:24 pm »

Richy,

You've stepped straight into the thought processes and routines that led you down the dark road you travelled a couple of years ago.  Stop trying to change things all the time.  You have a major idea or a fundamental question about how to work every two days.

Step back, take on an amount of work every day that you can sustain and forget the money.  As I've said, if that means stretching the round out a little, do it. Just run your business without worrying for six weeks and you'll get the answers you need.

You need to calm down and remember that what's happening to you now is worthwhile and worth living.  If you don't, you'll head back in the direction you did before where the quick buck tempts you.

Vin
Deaf ears. Richie is in cloud cuckoo land and ought to get a job in a factory.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2014, 06:52:34 pm »

Richy,

Vin

Thank you PW.  I wanted to say similar myself but Richy would start thinking I'm an old nagger.
Nobody needs to be a big "I am".  Just earn a decent living with as few headaches as possible.

richywilts

« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2014, 07:13:53 pm »
im not trying to be the big i am at all so sort ya head out ive asked a question is that much achieveable n ya all jumping in with ya sly remarks, ive said in one of the previous posts i think its too much work for one man, i was just seeing if anyone else achieves that much can it be done,

i was playing round with a cash flow forecast last night thats all and thought i would ask if its achieveable for me to carry out all the work i have 6 days a week, just too see what figures looked like jesus christ u take everything i say as the gospel some of ya

im working out my options etc before i begin my work again around 25th august im not rushing into anything ill not go off and play around with my forecast again with a part timer in other van so chill out im a lot more focussed now so ease of with the remarks, ive learnt from my mistakes
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

8weekly

« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2014, 07:42:04 pm »
Yeah, keep playing with your forecast.  ::)roll

Frankybadboy

« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2014, 08:14:18 pm »
your all wasting you time, :P :P ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll

richy does what he want when he wants, if he had listened the 1st time then he wouldn't be in this mess.

crack on  ;D ;D ;D

Don Kee

« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2014, 08:22:14 pm »
Just clean the work mate, after a month or two you'll soon know how much you can do in a over your round schedule...
I'm sure your customers wont mind you being a bit late for a month or two if you cant handle the work load...
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

carl neal

« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2014, 09:09:13 pm »
I can do 6 grand a month the key is to fo half commercial half domestic it can be done

Tom White

« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2014, 09:17:26 pm »
I can do 6 grand a month the key is to fo half commercial half domestic it can be done

So how's that the key? 

richywilts

« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2014, 09:17:47 pm »
cheers carl a positive reply for a change
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

Tom White

« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2014, 09:22:41 pm »
cheers carl a positive reply for a change

If you're just looking for someone to co-sign your bullpoo, if you ask enough people, someone will do it for you.