This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mgba_78

Re: is 6 grand a month achievable working on own
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2014, 07:41:06 am »
Of course its possible!! Theyre are a lot of variables with work quality and time working and having a life and not killing your self!!!  BUT basically....................

£6k - 20 days work is £300 a day
£6k - 19 days work is £315 a day
£6k - 18 days work is £333 a day
£6k - 17 days work is £352 a day
£6k - 16 days work is £375 a day

Last few years we have worked an average of 16 days a month  (4 weekly round) that would mean you'd need to do £375 a day to get to £6k!!!  That is a lot!!

I look at it as every day we're out working ideally we need to do £x amount, but i dont beat my self up about it if we dont!  If we do the target we do if we dont oh well!
As a 1 in one van we do £275-£350, again another but, we do have some amazing days of hardly moving van and if im honest over priced work, this has taken us 8 years though to get it together like this!

I think if you start putting yourself under pressure to do £6k a month you'll end up hating the job or rushing round making mistakes and quality will slip.

Oooooo that is shiny!!

mick hay

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2014, 07:57:10 am »
yes it is

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2014, 07:59:04 am »
i think he ll end up hating the job anyway mate.i think richy likes the idea of the money but hasnt got the grit and detemination to work hard on his own.he ll get bored and cheesed off very quickly.
price higher/work harder!

Marc Stock

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2014, 08:25:41 am »
Its depends on your geographic.

Here in surrey £6k a month is very achievable.

Im doing just over £5k on one month and £2.8k on the alternative months at the moment. My alternate months are actually better priced houses as they are in the hook heath areas (very wealthy) and I have about a week and a half of work booked in.

My full month is pretty much chocka, with some schedual adjustments however, I could easily squeeze another grand in.

My average price per house down this way is £30-40. so it does depend on where you live, however living here is flippin costly just a 3 bed semi in woking is about £300-400k  studio flats are still upwards of £200k and rent for a decent 3 bed semi is starts around £1400. so you work out how far 6k a month is going to go, not far really.

richywilts

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2014, 08:28:53 am »
i was thinking 6 days a week for first 3-4 months then consider employing part timer, i dont really want to employ again although i may use my brother in law part time i was just doing a cash flow forecast last night playing with numbers, i know it would be pretty hard to do 6 grand a month i am pretty fit now tho since being in prison.

im just weighing up the options what i should do with my work, as really there is plenty enough for two people too work but dont really wana go down that route again just yet
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

richywilts

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2014, 08:31:04 am »
i think he ll end up hating the job anyway mate.i think richy likes the idea of the money but hasnt got the grit and detemination to work hard on his own.he ll get bored and cheesed off very quickly.

daz i think in the past with outgoings etc i had when i worked i wasnt really seeing the fruits of the labour, however now im all downsized and most of the money will go into my own pocket i can assure u ive got grit and determination
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

Paul erithwc

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2014, 08:32:52 am »
Why don't you rent  part of the business until you can afford to replace the worn out vans then start employing again.

or go down the franchise route.

Paul

richywilts

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2014, 08:38:58 am »
take ya point paul im just looking at getting the first 6-12 months out the way, looking at some newer vans at the minute as the two ive got a minute are too small tanks just dont carry enough water so have to come all way back most days to refill which prob loses 40 quid of turnover a day plus added fuel costs so really a new van wont cost anymore over the month.

but im happy to just plod along for now in them vans till the money starts coming in and see how its going
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

SeanK

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2014, 08:52:21 am »
What sort of money would you be earning in your area if employed doing something within your
skills range ?
That would be the target your looking to beat, not some pie in the sky number pulled out of the air to
excite the willy wavers.
No such thing as an easy ride.

richywilts

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2014, 09:08:38 am »
sean im not just pulling numbers out the sky thats what my round does a month but coz im trying to take on peoples advice and stay on my own etc im willing to pull my finger out to get whatever needs to be done i was just asking if 6 grand could be done with hard work etc or i may have to consider renting or selling bits of work off, or should i just get a part timer
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

SeanK

« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2014, 11:57:28 am »
Fair enough, but if you where achieving them figures with a employee then I don't think you
will get through the same amount of work on your own.
You will end up burning yourself out, you will then get demotivated and your round will be all over the place.
What I was trying to say was if you where to come onto this forum and ask is it possible to earn £10000 a month
as a sole trader you would get the same willy wavers saying no problem I do that easily every month.
That's only twenty £25 properties a day over 20 days a month, sounds easy doesn't it.
These same penniless millionaires will be crying on a later post because they have to replace their leisure battery.

Jack Harris

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2014, 02:48:15 pm »
Stick to the drug dealing mate you'll achieve those figures easier

Paul Coleman

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2014, 03:42:38 pm »
Of course its possible!! Theyre are a lot of variables with work quality and time working and having a life and not killing your self!!!  BUT basically....................

£6k - 20 days work is £300 a day
£6k - 19 days work is £315 a day
£6k - 18 days work is £333 a day
£6k - 17 days work is £352 a day
£6k - 16 days work is £375 a day

Last few years we have worked an average of 16 days a month  (4 weekly round) that would mean you'd need to do £375 a day to get to £6k!!!  That is a lot!!

I look at it as every day we're out working ideally we need to do £x amount, but i dont beat my self up about it if we dont!  If we do the target we do if we dont oh well!
As a 1 in one van we do £275-£350, again another but, we do have some amazing days of hardly moving van and if im honest over priced work, this has taken us 8 years though to get it together like this!

I think if you start putting yourself under pressure to do £6k a month you'll end up hating the job or rushing round making mistakes and quality will slip.

Maybe a 6 day week at around £250 a day would be more feasible.  I could see myself managing that for 2 or 3 weeks when highly motivated.  I could not see myself sustaining it over a long period though.  Not that I've ever attempted it.

richywilts

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2014, 03:48:03 pm »
Stick to the drug dealing mate you'll achieve those figures easier

gone are them days im afraid
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

Mick Kent

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2014, 04:24:04 pm »
Aim for 4k a month richy doing 5 days and using saturdays to play catchup if weather or illness rises.
To earn 6k a month is only doable if you have great prices, everything is compact, your motivation needs on top form and you need to enjoy roundbuilding as much as someone like me (without blowing my own trumpet).
Anyone can build up 6k of work weather it took them 2 years of 10 years but managing it and fitting it all in the month is the near impossible mission to achieve hence noone does it!.

Start at £150/£200 a day which i think must be the norm for wfp nowdays with a full built satisfied round supporting a family etc.
When you have 20 days of £200 a month and you find it easy and you are home earlier then 3pm each day start a canvassing campaign to add £50 on every day untill you have £250 everyday to clean and if you still find that easy go for the £300.

But if i was you id be more than happy as a sole trader with £4k which is miles more reasonable to maintain, you dont want to work work work and be stressed all the time. A happy middle with a good life with family/friends/hobbies is what its all about.

richywilts

« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2014, 04:27:58 pm »
mick ive got 6k a month at minute to start at i dont need to build it up i might just have to keep both vans and get a part timer in my dad might even fancy it keep him busy few days a week

i can easy do 200 a day with my fitness levels now
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

Perfect Windows

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2014, 04:41:36 pm »
Richy, It sounds like you're looking for a way to keep the customers serviced rather than questioning how to earn the cash.  If that's so, why not stretch the round to five weeks?  You'll be able to keep it going at a sensible number of cleans per week, your customers are unlikely to complain and, if and when you take someone on, you can revert to four weekly and not lose any of your income from taking the new guy on (that does work if you give it some thought).

Vin

Mick Kent

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2014, 04:47:20 pm »
mick ive got 6k a month at minute to start at i dont need to build it up i might just have to keep both vans and get a part timer in my dad might even fancy it keep him busy few days a week

Are you the full toolbox??
If you already have 6k of work then you know if you can or cant do it on your own surely??

PoleKing

« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2014, 05:05:20 pm »

Are you the full toolbox??
If you already have 6k of work then you know if you can or cant do it on your own surely??

Think the pertinent part is 'on his own' Mick.
He has staff ATM but wants to know if can go it alone.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

mgba_78

« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2014, 05:10:01 pm »

Huh!!  LOL

So rather than sit here asking questions get out there and crack on!
Start at 8 and just run through the list, till you get bored/tired or you know it suits to start the next day at a certain point.

No disrespect   here but "I can easily do £200 a day with my fitness levels now" well for you to do £6k you need to work 30 days!! And that aint happening!!

Tweak the round so as little driving as possible the see how you do, but i think as said above Id forget trying to do the full round a month just do what you feel comfortable with per day work wise.

Out of interest the £6k of work you have how many customers is it?
Oooooo that is shiny!!