This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

andyM

They walk aM0NG us.........
« on: July 24, 2014, 07:20:38 pm »
A woman saw me working last month, stopped her car and asked me if I would clean her windows.
I took a look and gave her the quote (£20 monthly) and cleaned them there and then.
While I was cleaning she was muttering about not being able to find someone to clean her conservatory roof and had had a go at doing it herself.
Her: "Do you clean conservatory roofs with the pole thing?"
Me: "Yes I do conservatory roof cleaning but i've got plenty of window cleaning customers so most of my work is window cleaning."

I finished the windows, got paid, took her number to phone next month (July) to leave gate unlocked and gave her my business card.
I then drive up the road and then start cleaning the next property when I heard my phone ring. I couldn't answer it in time and it went to voicemail.
Message: "Hi it's Janet, you have just cleaned my windows but the bathroom window is all smeary and you didn't clean the conservatory roof!".
 ???
So I finish cleaning the property im on then go back to see Janet.  ::)roll

I then tell her I didn't say I would clean the conservatory roof? And the £20 I quoted was just for the windows, if she wanted the conservatory roof done it would be an extra £60.
Her: "Oh. ok then."
Me: "So what about the smeary bathroom window, do you want me to give it another clean?"
Her: "No don't worry about it. See you next month".

I went back today and cleaned the property again.
When I finished she again remarked that bathroom frosted window was smeary.
I asked if I could go inside and take a look.
On inspection it was plain to see that the 8 year old upvc unit had blown and condensated inside.

Me: "Ah yes the unit has blown and moisture has got in between the 2 panes of glass, if you look closely Janet you can clearly see it's inside the 2 panes and not on the outside.
Look Janet (pointing finger) can you see that?"

Her: No? But I will call the window man and see if I can get it changed.

Me: ::)roll  

One of the Plebs

Michael Peterson

Re: They walk aM0NG us.........
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 07:57:36 pm »
i think she might be an alright customer from now on

Pete Thompson

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 08:46:29 am »
I then tell her I didn't say I would clean the conservatory roof? And the £20 I quoted was just for the windows, if she wanted the conservatory roof done it would be an extra £60.

She took that well! I think she's a keeper!

rosskesava

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 09:16:11 am »
A good few years ago When 100% trad, I got asked by a dippy blonde to clean her windows. She turned out to be a bint called Chantelle who'd been on big brother or something.

After parking at her flat and while getting my stuff out the back of the van, she come out with a couple of cloths and a spray bottle of window cleaner.

I sort of was a bit puzzled when she said words to the effect of 'what a good idea, you've got your own cleaning equipment' and off she went back inside her flat.

Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

andyM

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 12:40:51 pm »

She took that well! I think she's a keeper!

Her reply of "Oh. ok then." came across to me to mean that if it cost extra she would rather not bother.
From previous experience I can see we will be parting ways in the near future.  :D

One of the Plebs

andyM

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2014, 12:41:56 pm »
A good few years ago When 100% trad, I got asked by a dippy blonde to clean her windows. She turned out to be a bint called Chantelle who'd been on big brother or something.

After parking at her flat and while getting my stuff out the back of the van, she come out with a couple of cloths and a spray bottle of window cleaner.

I sort of was a bit puzzled when she said words to the effect of 'what a good idea, you've got your own cleaning equipment' and off she went back inside her flat.

Yeah I think it's public knowledge that she is a bit fick.  ;D
One of the Plebs