Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

colin bird

Re: Wfp back to trad
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2014, 05:51:45 am »
Each to their own, but I don't even have a ladder on the van these days, stopped using it completely 2 years ago.
I miss out on a few jobs where a ladder is essential, like cleaning skylights/windows on flat roofs etc, but I'd rather stick to jobs where i'm safely on the ground.

+1

Steven Biggs

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2014, 09:05:55 am »
No my 3 year old daughter opened this account and was posting under my name

Rob Knapman

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2014, 09:42:10 am »
Would never get rid of my ladder, I still use it to access some windows above flat roof's..I still use both methods each has its place, WFP is just another tool IMHO ;)
Knapman Cleaning services, washing glass since 1945

Stephen.C

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2014, 08:46:50 am »
Each to their own, but I don't even have a ladder on the van these days, stopped using it completely 2 years ago.
I miss out on a few jobs where a ladder is essential, like cleaning skylights/windows on flat roofs etc, but I'd rather stick to jobs where i'm safely on the ground.
Well said Wayne, did a new job yesterday large house with separate swimming pool and gym and a office, the customer insisted all done with the pole most of the job was single story. Turns out they had a shiner who climbed on the pool roof to get to skylights and fell off!
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

www.pureh2owindowcleaning.com

Frankybadboy

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2014, 08:42:46 pm »
Just replace the jobs you struggle to clean properly with wfp . It's a backwards desperate step that sounds like the custy is dictating to you . After 25 years you should not let that happen , but still if you like climbing a ladder the older you get
I sea youre spelling is cuming on, have you bean to nite skool Stephen ?
and does that make you feel better to pick on some one like that  >:( >:( >:( >:(

8weekly

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2014, 09:02:14 pm »
Just replace the jobs you struggle to clean properly with wfp . It's a backwards desperate step that sounds like the custy is dictating to you . After 25 years you should not let that happen , but still if you like climbing a ladder the older you get
and does that make you feel better to pick on some one like that  >:( >:( >:( >:(
To be fair I think it was a reference to Steven being Barry Mallett.

j timms

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2014, 10:15:08 pm »
why would I want to replace good jobs that pay well. I might be getting older but I still play football and tackle a few triathlons each year so getting up a ladders not to much of a problem.  I'm starting to think a lot on here are a bit soft to be honest. I don't let the customer dictate but I choose the method that will give the best finish on each job.

Jonny 87

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2014, 10:22:01 pm »
I choose the method that will give the best finish on each job.

On about 99% of my work that is WFP.

Not really sure why you can't seem to get a good finish with the pole.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

j timms

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2014, 10:26:35 pm »

because I do a lot of villages that still have old wooden frames that don't take to well to the pole and because believe it or not a good trad window cleaner can actually do a better job on certain windows

KS Cleaning

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2014, 10:35:43 pm »
and does that make you feel better to pick on some one like that  >:( >:( >:( >:(
Steven had been rumbled....It was a Pi ss take ;D ;D ;D.....get with it

Jonny 87

« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2014, 08:08:59 am »

because I do a lot of villages that still have old wooden frames that don't take to well to the pole and because believe it or not a good trad window cleaner can actually do a better job on certain windows

The jury is still out on that one I think. 😀
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

SeanK

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2014, 08:26:31 am »

The jury is still out on that one I think.

Whys the jury still out on it ?
I guarantee that there's not one guy on here who knows how to use a wfp system properly that wont tell you there are certain
windows that don't take well to the pole no matter what you try.
Some could have 99% of their windows that come up o.k. others could have less.

dazmond

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2014, 08:50:26 am »
dodgy rubber seals are the number one culprit for runs and spotting IMO using WFP.its amazing how many window fitters fit these badly or their just old and perished.

only way round it for me is to miss the top frame and scrub and rinse very carefully near the top of the glass.on ground floor windows ill give the top frame a wipe with a cloth every few months when dirty on problem windows.upper top frames get a scrub and rinse every few months.then i clean another window then come back and just clean the glass carefully avoiding the top frame and seal.

sometimes its easier to trad them(ground floor only)although i will get up a ladder occasionally with a squeegee if windows on a balcony/some flat roofs etc
price higher/work harder!

Klean07

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2014, 09:15:14 am »
I trad a large dentist surgery bottoms only. I tried wfp all of it but water drips from top windows onto security shutters onto bottom windows which caused a few issues! It takes me just under an hour job is worth £45 so not too bad!
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

SeanK

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2014, 10:27:00 am »
There's a new development near me where the builder seems to have used badly designed frames.
Well badly designed for wfp cleaning.
The openers drain onto the glass below for hours after you have left causing very noticeable runs.
The drain hole is above the rubber seal which has a gap to let the drain water out, so the water has to run along the rubber to drain so then gathers dirt from the seal. (hope this makes sense hard to explain)
It must be the pressure of brushing the glass that causes the frames to fill with water as they don't seem
to leaves runs when it rains.
Have tried brushing using as little force as possible but no joy.
God help us if these frame types become the norm.

J.D

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2014, 05:34:33 pm »
I agree with KS , its a backward step! I cant see how your faster with traditional ? You must be seriously slow using wfp!

Elfyn

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2014, 05:59:02 pm »
I haven't had my trad gear in the van for over 2 years.  ;D

j timms

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2014, 06:05:49 pm »
I agree with KS , its a backward step! I cant see how your faster with traditional ? You must be seriously slow using wfp!
or seriously fast trad :)

Steven Biggs

« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2014, 08:20:29 pm »
Is anybody really bothered what gives the best finish . I know I'm not I couldn't care less if I get a few dodgy windows or houses that don't come up perfect with wfp . As long as they pay don't complain and don't cancel .

KS Cleaning

« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2014, 08:50:29 pm »
It is actually Steven Biggs' post that you agree with ;).........But I also agree.