Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

j timms

Wfp back to trad
« on: July 24, 2014, 04:24:47 pm »
Converted 3 wfp jobs of mine back to trad today as never been happy with finish on them wfp. End result thirty minutes quicker and custy happier , win win in my eyes. Sometimes trad is just better and that's a fact.

PurefectWindowCleaning

Re: Wfp back to trad
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 04:28:39 pm »
Yep - we have a handfull of jobs that its just quicker and easier to ge the ladder off.

Its nice to actually mix it up a bit anyway I find...

(but I personally prefere trad, hate using the pole, my employee is in charge of that lol)

j timms

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 04:31:34 pm »
Yeah I'm with u James. Wouldn't be without my pole but still love trad. Both have advantages just don't know how people manage with only wfp or trad.

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 04:34:07 pm »
If i only used wfp all day every day id quit.  ;D ;)

j timms

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 04:46:12 pm »
Yeah me to. I think the best windies can identify when trad is better. It's east to get lazy and just wfp everything.

PoleKing

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 05:41:06 pm »
30 mins quicker? How come?
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

8weekly

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 05:44:13 pm »
Yeah, hard to see how that could be possible.

supernova77

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 05:48:01 pm »
End result thirty minutes quicker

You must be using WFP incorrectly... Maybe get someone to train you?

You do realise you're not supposed to hold the brush... The brush scrubs the window  ;)

jonboywalton75

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 06:14:59 pm »
I was trad for 17years,  last 5 wfp.
Do a bit of trad as necessary but I find I can do about 30% more work per day with my pole.
I am now much better off financially and physically
I need me pole,  at 57 years young.  ;D

j timms

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 06:46:31 pm »
Love the way some people can't take any criticism about wfp . Agreed a lot of the time wfp does save me time but sometimes due to difficult access or windows that don't like wfp or plants everywhere or pollen spots it remains easier, better and quicker to trad. I have been cleaning windows for 25 years and wfp for 3 years so think I know what I'm talking about. I think half the problem is 80 per cent of people on here can't trad properly.

8weekly

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2014, 07:00:42 pm »
Love the way some people can't take any criticism about wfp . Agreed a lot of the time wfp does save me time but sometimes due to difficult access or windows that don't like wfp or plants everywhere or pollen spots it remains easier, better and quicker to trad. I have been cleaning windows for 25 years and wfp for 3 years so think I know what I'm talking about. I think half the problem is 80 per cent of people on here can't trad properly.
You have some windows that are easier to access with a ladder than with a pole? And areas with pots everywhere in which it is easier to put a ladder up than use a pole? That seems to be what you are saying.

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2014, 07:28:51 pm »
fair play you can do what you want but im doing less and less trad.i certainly dont get up a ladder very often to clean a upper window with a mop and squeegee!i do trad some ground floor windows though in awkward access areas. ;D
price higher/work harder!

HampshireWindowCleaning

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2014, 07:34:27 pm »
Each to their own, but I don't even have a ladder on the van these days, stopped using it completely 2 years ago.
I miss out on a few jobs where a ladder is essential, like cleaning skylights/windows on flat roofs etc, but I'd rather stick to jobs where i'm safely on the ground.

SeanK

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2014, 08:21:27 pm »
I totally understand what your saying, I had a large number of properties that didn't take to the
pole.
Yes I could get them clean put it took a lot of time faffing about waiting for the openers to stop leaking
so that I could clean the pain of glass underneath.
Doing them using traditional methods would have been a lot quicker but I didn't want to work from a ladder.
I'm the type of person who would get careless and end up breaking my neck.
In the end I stopped doing them and replaced with properties that I could get to a reasonable level using the
pole.
To be honest I had plenty of work coming in and could pick the windows/properties more suitable to wfp methods.

CleanClear

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2014, 10:23:13 pm »
Yeah, hard to see how that could be possible.

I'm not sure about 30 minutes, but some jobs i've found quicker to do in the traditional method are old wooden conservatories with flaky wood on them. You can walk away knowing they're fine too.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2014, 10:30:24 pm »
I have timed bungalows and deffo quicker trad due to layout and hose dragging.

Still do it WFP as it does a better job.

PoleKing

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2014, 11:07:02 pm »
The only jobs I've ever found quicker trad is shop fronts.
And yeah, I'm pretty quick with a blade
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Jonny 87

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2014, 11:25:47 pm »
fair play you can do what you want but im doing less and less trad.i certainly dont get up a ladder very often to clean a upper window with a mop and squeegee!i do trad some ground floor windows though in awkward access areas. ;D

+1

About 95% of the time I WFP everything. It's quicker and does a better job most of the time.

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Steven Biggs

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2014, 11:38:27 pm »
Just replace the jobs you struggle to clean properly with wfp . It's a backwards desperate step that sounds like the custy is dictating to you . After 25 years you should not let that happen , but still if you like climbing a ladder the older you get

KS Cleaning

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2014, 05:31:25 am »
Just replace the jobs you struggle to clean properly with wfp . It's a backwards desperate step that sounds like the custy is dictating to you . After 25 years you should not let that happen , but still if you like climbing a ladder the older you get
I sea youre spelling is cuming on, have you bean to nite skool Stephen ?