This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

colin bird

Holiday advice
« on: July 22, 2014, 09:17:28 pm »
Thanks for reading,I'm 6wkly wfd, been trading for 6.5years,what do you do when going on holiday,this is what I've done and wondered what you think and if its acceptable to customers.
  When I go away in three weeks time I will be four days in front,when I get back I am looking togo two days backwards in my round,so only losing four days work.
Is this acceptable ?
What do you do ?
Any constructive help and advice would be appreciated

rah

Re: Holiday advice
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 09:23:20 pm »
Just go and enjoy, extra push when you return, Light night's extra hr a day your sorted. If I go away, I'd come back to a least a week behind and no chance of catching up. I never worry, If I've been on time for several months No-one really notices.
Life used to be full of up's and downs....now i hardly ever get up a ladder :) .

deeege

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 09:23:29 pm »
Just start where you left off after you return. Customers won't mind you being a week or so behind.

If you give customers a next clean date then I've no idea how you should do it (or why you choose to work to such a strict schedule)
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

colin bird

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 09:31:38 pm »
Just go and enjoy, extra push when you return, Light night's extra hr a day your sorted. If I go away, I'd come back to a least a week behind and no chance of catching up. I never worry, If I've been on time for several months No-one really notices.
maybe I'm being a bit paranioid,do you feel you could get away with being two weeks behind ?

colin bird

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 09:33:38 pm »
Just start where you left off after you return. Customers won't mind you being a week or so behind.

If you give customers a next clean date then I've no idea how you should do it (or why you choose to work to such a strict schedule)
I away for two weeks,I'm a bit OCD so it bothers me if not up to date,will customers accept two weeks late ? Or is my OCD getting the better of me?

DG Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 09:36:35 pm »
Speaking as someone who's just had his 4th holiday since March ;D
Just crack on with it most won't care or notice and for those that do tell them you've been on holiday ;D

deeege

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 09:40:47 pm »

I away for two weeks,I'm a bit OCD so it bothers me if not up to date,will customers accept two weeks late ? Or is my OCD getting the better of me?

I'll also be away for 2 weeks next month. Most of my customers will also be holidaying in August too so they won't be worrying about the whereabouts of the window cleaner.

Turn your phone off and leave a voicemail saying you are annual leave and will be returning on X date. Enjoy your holiday.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

DG Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 09:45:15 pm »

I'll also be away for 2 weeks next month. Most of my customers will also be holidaying in August too so they won't be worrying about the whereabouts of the window cleaner.

Turn your phone off and leave a voicemail saying you are annual leave and will be returning on X date. Enjoy your holiday.

Are you still running Deege?

colin bird

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2014, 09:51:31 pm »
Speaking as someone who's just had his 4th holiday since March ;D
Just crack on with it most won't care or notice and for those that do tell them you've been on holiday ;D
thanksfor that does it bother you how long it takes to catch up ?

colin bird

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2014, 09:53:03 pm »

wish I could be that relaxed about it,will try not to beat myselfy up thanks

deeege

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 09:53:26 pm »

Are you still running Deege?

Not at the moment. Will be starting again in September though. Are you?