Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

sunshine windies

Viro-sol
« on: July 22, 2014, 08:45:43 pm »
Got some virosol delivered today having seen people recommending it on here for cleaning con roofs and f/s/g. On the bottle it doesn't mention using it for that it seems to be mainly for use on engines and pavements etc. just wanted to check I've got the right stuff ?

Smudger

Re: Viro-sol
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 09:13:56 pm »
Somewhere in the blurb or COSHH sheet it mentions safe to use on rigid plastics and UPVC - does not state window frames and conservatories specifically

HTH

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

rah

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 09:24:04 pm »
Have a look at Clover.co.uk

Life used to be full of up's and downs....now i hardly ever get up a ladder :) .

Bungle

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 09:26:56 pm »
Got some virosol delivered today having seen people recommending it on here for cleaning con roofs and f/s/g. On the bottle it doesn't mention using it for that it seems to be mainly for use on engines and pavements etc. just wanted to check I've got the right stuff ?

It shifts green stuff. Dilute it though. Not so good on tiger stripes. Magic sponge with diluted Virosol or magic sponge and a cream cleaner will shift the stripes, means going up a ladder sometimes though. Virosol is very good on polycarb conny roofs!
We look at them, they look through them.

sunshine windies

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 09:52:53 pm »
Great thanks in case anyone else is wondering this is helpful

http://www.cloverchem.co.uk/uk/products/eng_virosol_uk.htm

Says it's not hazardous or classified and is biodegradable so I guess it's not going to do any damage to com roofs or f/s/g

DeLuce

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 09:59:20 pm »
Yeah, it's good stuff. You can apply it neat straight onto your brush then apply to surfaces to be cleaned or dilute and use in a sprayer. Upto you and whatever you think would be best for the job in hand. Not a nasty substance to deal with either.

sunshine windies

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 10:05:19 pm »
If I apply it straight to the brush then clean roofs fascias etc. is it best to use a different brush for the windows straight after or doesn't it matter?

DeLuce

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 10:14:07 pm »
Some say it would be good to use a different brush. But if you are applying and scrubbing then rinsing, after a good rinse off then brush is ready to use on glass for final wash. I've experimented with this and had no problem using the same brush. If I was doing a conny roof only,for example, I would swap my brush to do the rest of sides and glass. But if it's a full conny job, and sides need virosol , I just keep going with same brush. As long as you've given it a good rinsing it should be ok.  :D

JSMC

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2014, 10:22:11 pm »

It shifts green stuff. Dilute it though. Not so good on tiger stripes. Magic sponge with diluted Virosol or magic sponge and a cream cleaner will shift the stripes, means going up a ladder sometimes though. Virosol is very good on polycarb conny roofs!

tiger stripes ???

PoleKing

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2014, 11:16:01 pm »

tiger stripes ???

That's right, that's right, that's right...
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Bungle

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 11:27:25 pm »

tiger stripes ???

Grey dirty lines that are hard to shift.
We look at them, they look through them.

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2014, 08:07:42 am »
be careful with it though.itll irritate your eyes and skin.wear gloves and sunglasses.its easy for it to spray back into your eyes with the slightest wind if spraying with a pressure sprayer on a roof etc.
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2014, 08:11:57 am »

tiger stripes ???

;D ;D ;D are you g.griffin in disguise?watch you dont end up with tiger feet!occupational hazard!! ;D
price higher/work harder!

PoleKing

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2014, 08:16:51 am »

tiger stripes ???

;D ;D ;D are you g.griffin in disguise?watch you dont end up with tiger feet!occupational hazard!! ;D

I wish.
Griff is my hero
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.