This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

This week I've appointed a H&S advisor for the needs of my two companies. Anyone else done the same? What experiences have you had?

Thanks in advance.  :)

richywilts

i did never ever needed him steve felt like i was burning money paying him a fee every month could be different for your business tho
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

i did never ever needed him steve felt like i was burning money paying him a fee every month could be different for your business tho
He comes with many years experience and is doing it dirt cheap because he wants this under his belt. I think the solar cleaning excites him because NONE of his peers are doing it. It suits me and he wants the kudos. It's a good trade off.

JSMC

yeah me ;D

ben M

LOL

Window Lickers

Why don't you clean his windows - that way do it for free and he doesn't invoice you. Let's face it there's not much to do over a year is there for someone in this line of work.
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

supernova77

This week I've appointed a H&S advisor for the needs of my two companies. Anyone else done the same?

Nope

Frankybadboy

will he be doing the rams on your subbys now then

tlwcs

Steve, have you thought of a "Director of Communications" for both of your companies, to post on your behalf?
This may help you to relate to the one man band window lickers on here?

Personally, I would have started with a tea lady and worked up from there.

Tony

Rogue Trader

Re: Anyone Else Appointed A Health & Safety Advisor For Their Company?
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 08:11:22 pm »
Yes i have got one i employ him full time just in case of any problems that may ensue, he is worth his weight in gold though for example one of the window cleaners left a banana skin in the yard the other day and i nearly slipped on it, thankfully my h and s officer spotted the danger before it was too late. I could have slipped broken an ankle and had a lengthy stay in hospital! I pay him 35k pa which some may think is a lot but for me it is money well spent.

p1w1

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 08:20:27 pm »
Yes i have got one i employ him full time just in case of any problems that may ensue, he is worth his weight in gold though for example one of the window cleaners left a banana skin in the yard the other day and i nearly slipped on it, thankfully my h and s officer spotted the danger before it was too late. I could have slipped broken an ankle and had a lengthy stay in hospital! I pay him 35k pa which some may think is a lot but for me it is money well spent.

for that sort of money i hope he showed you how to pick up & dispose of the banana skin  properly

Window Lickers

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2014, 08:26:05 pm »
And how to eat the bloody thing.
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

8weekly

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2014, 08:26:55 pm »
Peace of mind eh?

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2014, 09:29:51 pm »
All of this has been very insightful...

Slammed for self-promoting, slammed for asking a sensible, but what seems 'high-end' question that many of you cannot fathom.  Pity is my overwhelming emotion.

premier window cleaners

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2014, 09:37:03 pm »
We have.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2014, 10:03:45 pm »
And how to eat the bloody thing.
Eat banana skin!   Yuuccckkkkh  :P

AuRavelling79

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2014, 10:15:49 pm »
All of this has been very insightful...

Slammed for self-promoting, slammed for asking a sensible, but what seems 'high-end' question that many of you cannot fathom.  Pity is my overwhelming emotion.

Sounds more like contempt than pity, Steve.
It's a game of three halves!

JSMC

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2014, 10:20:16 pm »
i can do all my H&S stuff on my own. just a little bit rusty when doing it now.

Plankton

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2014, 10:34:14 pm »
Come the freezing winter all the wfp window cleaners h&s advisers well be telling them to put there pouches back on and fill them with rock salt, because there is a risk of slipping. If you run a business with x amount of staff who are potentially a liability then your h & s advisor could tell you to outsource a training company to cover your and his back as anything that he doesn't cover could come back to haunt him. An advisor can't install common sense into your staff.