This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mgba_78

Environmental Policy
« on: July 21, 2014, 10:21:36 pm »
Just got a nice 3 year contract for an individual site for a very very large company.

Im just sorting out the paper work for it and one of their requirements is an Environmental Policy, which we do not have  ???   They actually needed a diversity policy as well but as we dont employ I manged to get away with this one  ::)roll

So anyone got one i can re word or any pointers for writing one up

cheers

Andy
Oooooo that is shiny!!

Re: Environmental Policy
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 10:32:39 pm »
You should be able to download a template online and adjust where necessary. Thins is just the sort of thing I've appointed a dedicated H&S guy to our team. (See my other thread.)

This sort of thing is just going to become more prolific I think. Without ticking all the boxes, it's going to be harder to get commercial work...

mgba_78

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 10:48:14 pm »
You should be able to download a template online and adjust where necessary. Thins is just the sort of thing I've appointed a dedicated H&S guy to our team. (See my other thread.)

This sort of thing is just going to become more prolific I think. Without ticking all the boxes, it's going to be harder to get commercial work...

Ok, was just being lazy, had a quick google but gave up after about 10 secs!!! LOL

I know, seems daft to me policy for this that and the other!!  Dont get me wrong some are needed and wise to have like a H&S policy, which will be updated as and when needed but this, just seems mad really!!  No wonder small business dont bother sometimes due to these snags!! 
Oooooo that is shiny!!

JSMC

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 11:41:48 pm »
http://www.environmentalpolicy.org.uk/

have a read over that. also when making a policy don't fill it with junk to make you look good. Just say what you do and not what you don't do.

Leave no room for people to trip you up.

You will also need your policy audited at certain times.