Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steve H

pure
« on: July 21, 2014, 09:42:45 pm »
For those that use wfp, I would like to ask if they have had the same problem....

The other day I cleaned a new customers conservatory (not the roof) just the glass and frames etc. Next day it was really sunny and you could see the spotting on the windows (not too bad but bad enough for the customer to notice).
Ive been trading for over 2 years and its the first one ive had turn out like that.
My first thought was that I shouldn't have used the water as it came out at around 6 on the reader. I have heard other people on here say that they use the water up to 7 on the reader?
I washed it down once and rinsed it twice, anyone else get this on connies? Could this be the water or is it more likely the fact that its a dirty connie that needs 2 or 3 attempts to get clean??? :(
I will be going back tomorrow to clean it again for sure, that's my guarantee to my customers, she was nice about it anyway thank fully  :)
Thanks in advance
Steve
If you reach for the stars and only reach the moon, you will have acheived more than you thought you could.

8weekly

Re: pure
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 09:48:22 pm »
Do you not go over a second time on first cleans? Pretty much every first clean won't be perfect without a second clean after the frames have had time to drip.

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 09:53:32 pm »
sometimes steve one scrub is not nearly enough esp on first cleans.i scrub and rinse a bit more in hot weather esp if windows are near trees etc on regular cleaned work.even more on first cleans!

we all make mistakes sometimes.at least your going back to rectify it tomorrow. ;)

very best wishes

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Steve H

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 09:58:33 pm »
I normally do, but in this case I only went over it once (even though I did give it a really decent clean and it didn't look that dirty compared to some ive done)) then I rinsed it off, had my usual cup of tea while it dried a bit, then give it another really good rinse down.
You are probably right, I should have give it two really good scrubs then rinsed it again, my fault probably, but just also checking if anyone thought the water at 6 could be an issue.
I normally keep it down to zero or maybe 2 or 3 at worst...
Thanks for reply
If you reach for the stars and only reach the moon, you will have acheived more than you thought you could.

Steve H

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 10:00:30 pm »
I agree,
Thanks Dazmond

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 06:47:49 am »
We always use g101 on first cleans, get the deep seated dirt and grime out, polishes up the UPVC, removes any buildup of soap scum left from trad cleaners, then a good rinse.

Gives a really great finish, and never had problems with spotting

HTH

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Jonny 87

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 07:07:51 am »
We always use g101 on first cleans, get the deep seated dirt and grime out, polishes up the UPVC, removes any buildup of soap scum left from trad cleaners, then a good rinse.

Gives a really great finish, and never had problems with spotting

HTH

Darran

Is g101 not a soap?
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

8weekly

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 10:15:00 am »
I found there was too much rinsing with g101. If they are really grim I might use it but as a rule not.

H20cleaning

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2014, 12:42:15 pm »
We're im from if the pure water is above 5 i usually get problems! I try to keep mine between 0-3 and i havnt has a problem with spotting for years.

On first cleans i always use a very weak virosol mixture with a high flow, then cleaned
Frames
Doors
Ledges
Then go back over a second time once everything has stopped dripping

Rogue Trader

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2014, 08:16:23 pm »
You need to rinse very quickly after scrubbing a window in this weather as these temperatures that we are having will dry dirty water on the window before you get a chance to rinse.

Bungle

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 08:31:58 pm »
You need to rinse very quickly after scrubbing a window in this weather as these temperatures that we are having will dry dirty water on the window before you get a chance to rinse.

Yep, and the roof tiles on extensions have been steaming when the water hits it!
We look at them, they look through them.

Smudger

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 08:35:22 pm »
I found there was too much rinsing with g101. If they are really grim I might use it but as a rule not.

Can never have too much rinsing on a first clean, and the amount of rinsing required to remove the foam/suds is about the ideal length of time to get perfect results  8)

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

8weekly

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2014, 08:50:33 pm »

Can never have too much rinsing on a first clean, and the amount of rinsing required to remove the foam/suds is about the ideal length of time to get perfect results  8)

Darran
If you can never have too much rinsing then should I carry on until 650 litres is used? I have only ever has one call back on a first clean and I used G101 on that one. I find I can do them pretty quickly without rinsing the frames at all - just a very, very good scrub, then rinse the glass on the second pass. I felt using g101 on most first cleans delivered nothing at all but just slowed me down. Each to their own.

Smudger

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2014, 08:58:22 pm »
Well if you feel you can't get it right until you have used 650 ltrs then in your case yes  :P ;D

Darran

8weekly

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2014, 09:12:59 pm »
Well if you feel you can't get it right until you have used 650 ltrs then in your case yes  :P ;D

Darran
Ah... yes... that "special" window cleaner. That's me.  ;D

Steve H

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2014, 09:55:46 pm »
Thanks fellas for all the replies to this, I think I will just have to scrub more and rinse more on first cleans to be safe. Will also keep my water down to no more than 3 as I haven't had any real problems before this.
Have been back today and it looked a lot better, I rang customer tonight and she said it looked great, so that will do for me. She also said that her neighbour wants a call next time im round, so it goes to prove that if you look after customers you keep them and maybe even gain a few more  ;D
Cheers