This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Joe Bromley

How do you rate yourself...
« on: July 21, 2014, 09:15:34 pm »
... as a Canvasser?

What's your average pick-up on an evening for instance?

When do you find best?

First call or Leaflet-drop followed by call?

Smudger

Re: How do you rate yourself...
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 09:32:42 pm »
Haven't done canvassing for a while, bit of a numbers game really, you can hit an area or day where everyone says no even before you've started to speak.

I don't consider myself anything special on the knocker, I can get quite ill before going out, but my conversion rate out of people interested in window cleaning was around 4 out of every 6  ( two thirds )

I found Sundays 10 am to 1 the best, more people in, always relaxed, and overall friendly.

Friday evening the worst and the last few days of the month before payday

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

wpclean

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 11:03:55 pm »
Lot better conversion rate if you leaflet drop, and follow up asap.   Good thing is when you call you can ask them if they had recieved your cleaning leaflet.      It is amazing how many people who say they were going to phone but forgot !
The best way of thinking when delivering, and following up with a door knock is you are trawling your net for an area where there is a need for a reliable cleaner, if you don't find much success in one area,then try another,and you will get the customers.  ;D

Joe Bromley

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 11:36:11 am »
Interesting points from you both. You automatically assume an interested party will be a 'yes'. I had one last evening that said "so what are your prices?" Showed me around the property "Ok. Well I'll run that past my NEIGHBOURS and call you."  ::)roll

Will give Sunday morning a shot. I may do a huge leaflet drop beforehand.

Its not a task for someone likely to need the assistance of the Samaritans ha.

Onwards!

Mick Kent

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 12:29:43 pm »
I never bother with a leaflet drop first, if someone isnt in when canvassing then maybe ill leave a card/leaflet if dirty.
The best way to have a good canvass is to target the houses first!
I used to go on main roads in the day and mark the house numbers of all the dirty houses which were the houses i hit first always with good results 2nd to sold boards.
You can leaflet roads upon roads and knock on house upon house but at the end of the day that is what everyother window cleaner has done and also the homeowner prob have many leaflets from other window cleaners from over the year or so, so the chances of using yours is still slim.
I have learnt that casual canvassing has nearly had its day just like leaflets as there are so many shiners out there now touting for work. Glad im not just starting out.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 03:50:33 pm »
I never bother with a leaflet drop first, if someone isnt in when canvassing then maybe ill leave a card/leaflet if dirty.
The best way to have a good canvass is to target the houses first!
I used to go on main roads in the day and mark the house numbers of all the dirty houses which were the houses i hit first always with good results 2nd to sold boards.
You can leaflet roads upon roads and knock on house upon house but at the end of the day that is what everyother window cleaner has done and also the homeowner prob have many leaflets from other window cleaners from over the year or so, so the chances of using yours is still slim.
I have learnt that casual canvassing has nearly had its day just like leaflets as there are so many shiners out there now touting for work. Glad im not just starting out.
No I wouldn't like to start out now either...loads of newbies about!!!

Joe Bromley

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 04:43:23 pm »
The Franchises guarantee £XXXX per month's income initially - surely that's "casually" canvassed work?

Mick Kent

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 08:51:51 am »
I said nearly had its day!
And exactly, everyone is canvassing! Even more so now with franchise hitting the window cleaning world, more and more trads converting to wfp needing more work etc. its getting tough!. We used to be able to get upto 20 new customers each evening averaging 10(3 hour knock) now its more 3-5 average and 8 if a good knock between 2/3 of us. Doing targeted canvassing and sold board hunting i got much more bang for my buck realising that it was so much better than nust knocking on everyday roads so there is a big difference if you go out the box a little without sticking to the norm.

Joe Bromley

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2014, 07:15:51 pm »
Your average he is absolutely spot on there Mick.

Anyone have any better 'luck' out recently? (Multiple days in a row)