This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

sunshine windows

Alarm!
« on: July 20, 2014, 10:20:57 pm »
Started cleaning a house in a well off estate and I set the alarm off cleaning the first window.

It took around 15 minutes for the main alarm on the outside to stop, but there was still an internal alarm going when I finished after approx 25 mins.

Not a soul batted an eyelid and there was no response from the alarm company or police which surprised me quite a bit.

What would you have done, I just thought sod it, I've set it off, not much I can do, might as well just crack on and finish.

To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

PoleKing

Re: Alarm!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 10:25:08 pm »
House i do, goes off probably ⅛ times.
Neighbours rally round. (very affluent area) They see my van. See me. Roll their eyes. Turn it off and go home.  ;D
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 10:40:54 pm »
I set the alarm off on a bank once - I was cleaning it on a bank holiday monday because its in a busy area,.. the alarm went off about 30 mins into the job & I was there for another 2 hours - - no one came near me in that time, even though the police station is just round the corner about 200 yards away!  ::)roll ::)roll

sunshine windows

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 10:47:28 pm »
Nat that's quality
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

PoleKing

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 10:52:21 pm »
I set the alarm off on a bank once - I was cleaning it on a bank holiday monday because its in a busy area,.. the alarm went off about 30 mins into the job & I was there for another 2 hours - - no one came near me in that time, even though the police station is just round the corner about 200 yards away!  ::)roll ::)roll

In Ireland?
17th March Bank Holiday?
Every single Irishman would've been well and truly intoxicated.
can't blame them for not turning up. Even the coppers would've been far too drunk to drive.
I hear they frown on driving after more than 11 pints over there.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 10:53:30 pm »
LOL - not 17th March,.. people get stoned in the streets for even thinking about working on Paddys day!!  :o :o :P ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2014, 10:54:04 pm »
I also set one off at a bank some years ago.  I did the general cleaning there daily and the windows once a week.  I was doing the outside windows last and the alarm started.
I hung around and plod was there within 5-10 minutes.
I think it was caused by my metal scraper.
While I was cleaning the outside window, there was something stubborn on the glass that needed scraping - so I scraped it.  Just behing that was what looked like a link to the alarm.  I'm guessing that the metal scraper may have tripped something.

PoleKing

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2014, 11:05:07 pm »
I also set one off at a bank some years ago.  I did the general cleaning there daily and the windows once a week.  I was doing the outside windows last and the alarm started.
I hung around and plod was there within 5-10 minutes.
I think it was caused by my metal scraper.
While I was cleaning the outside window, there was something stubborn on the glass that needed scraping - so I scraped it.  Just behing that was what looked like a link to the alarm.  I'm guessing that the metal scraper may have tripped something.

{note to self: when robbing HSBC: use PLASTIC scraper}

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2014, 11:11:08 pm »
I set an alarm off early morning at a large block of offices in my first year of window cleaning for a local company...

Old bill turned up within minutes  ;D

Soupy

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2014, 05:47:35 am »
If I set off an alarm I call crimestoppers.
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

Dannymackreturn

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 06:57:16 am »
Leg it lol !!!! 😁😳

JackieW

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2014, 09:47:33 am »
Does anybody actually take any notice of a house or car alarm going off in the daytime?
Best time of the day to break in I think.