This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AuRavelling79

"How would you like to do a whole house?"
« on: July 19, 2014, 09:33:27 pm »
Says Mr. W to me. We have history from decades ago, and more recently too.

When I was a teenager his father ran the local ironmongers shop and I worked there as an assistant. He was a snooty type then and he hasn't changed in nearly 40 years.

Anyway, I've cleaned round where he lives for over ten years and about 4 years ago he asks me to do his. They were in need of a clean and I said ok on a regular 8 week basis at £20. Detached 30's mock tudor house.

I do the first clean (no price uplift for it) and go back 8 weeks later and his snooty wife says "oh I don't think he wants regular" "I'm sure he did, can you ask him?" "No I'm sure he doesn't."

Off I go.

He sees me next time I'm round and says "Sorry old son, I decided I'd do them myself after all." "Okay" says I "must get on, 'bye."

So fast forward to Thursday and he says "Fancy doing mine? It's the whole house I want doing."

"Sorry old son" says I "I'm far too busy looking after my regular loyal customers ... "

It's a game of three halves!

Suffolkcleaners

Re: "How would you like to do a whole house?"
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 09:38:41 pm »
Don't take things personally.. he is probably abit barmy.. Just see it as £20 pocket money you wouldn't of had anyway  ;D

Jonny 87

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 10:07:00 pm »
Well dealt with.

No time for one offs unless they are priced right.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Fin Clearview

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 12:29:11 am »
I know this isn't quite the same as this job but any new work I now charge double on first cleans if really bad. This way I find I'm ensuring the new client wants to commit to a regular service and I'm not losing out should they wish to change their mind after the first clean.

G Griffin

Re: "How would you like to do a whole house?" New
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 07:57:40 am »
Nice story.
But it made me yearn for the days when we had snooty ironmongers and when window cleaners knew their place.
You should have done the fork handles joke on him, too.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AuRavelling79

Re: "How would you like to do a whole house?" New
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 01:34:12 pm »
Nice story.
But it made me yearn for the days when we had snooty ironmongers and when window cleaners knew their place.
You should have done the fork handles joke on him, too.

"Gotny 'Os?"

"Yessir, half inch? three-eighths? Clear braided?"

"No! 'Os"

"Ah! Hoes for the garden, tilling the earth? Long handle? Short handle? Plastic? Metal?"

"No! 'Os! number 'Os for my front door! I live at number 10 and the O's dropped off."

It's a game of three halves!