This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

8weekly

Re: Compact work, how many of these?
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2014, 05:34:08 am »
I'd rather not do too many. Tediously boring a day full of them thanks very much.

£660 day on ^ prices though.

How many sole traders do that a day then?

That's the point. Not many. Might be boring, but 30 of those at £20 each is £600.

Don Kee

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2014, 09:13:16 am »
£20...?? :o :o

So some of you are on £60-£80 an hour??

Or do you find you're only getting one, maybe two a street as people are unsure about your swab bag...?
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

8weekly

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2014, 09:20:17 am »

Or do you find you're only getting one, maybe two a street as people are unsure about your swab bag...?

What would you charge? A 4 bed detached is a standard charge for me - £20. More for a Victorian type with bays.

I don't have many streets where I do loads and loads, but I do have some. I'd rather do one at £20 though than 5 at £12/£14. I have a very full round at those prices. I am over a week behind all the time. Without wishing to teach granny to suck eggs, perhaps you are under charging? Dunno - depends I guess where you are.

Don Kee

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2014, 09:28:59 am »

What would you charge? A 4 bed detached is a standard charge for me - £20. More for a Victorian type with bays.

I don't have many streets where I do loads and loads, but I do have some. I'd rather do one at £20 though than 5 at £12/£14. I have a very full round at those prices. I am over a week behind all the time. Without wishing to teach granny to suck eggs, perhaps you are under charging? Dunno - depends I guess where you are.

Ok for one, thats not a 4 bed victorian house on the OP, its probably a 3 bed new build build ish (probably within the last 10 years) that would take...20mins tops bar a conservatory on the rear

At the rear they'll be 3 at the top including bathroom window. Bottoms include a patio door, back door and kitchen window.
There maybe a window on the side, usually first floor

On that basis, i cant see whats wrong with £12-£15 (i have a fair few at £15 of these) but hey maybe i am cheap then

Tom-01

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2014, 09:50:20 am »
20 mins = £20, sounds right.

JackieW

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2014, 09:50:25 am »
20 at £10-£12 is about my estimate for an 8:30 - 3:30 day

Joe Bromley

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2014, 09:51:57 am »

Is that because your cleans are 8 weekly? I guess at that point you're charging more than what you'd do for a 4 weekly clean so £20 seems quite right.

Do you canvass for 8 weekly work?

tlwcs

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2014, 10:02:07 am »

Ok for one, thats not a 4 bed victorian house on the OP, its probably a 3 bed new build build ish (probably within the last 10 years) that would take...20mins tops bar a conservatory on the rear

At the rear they'll be 3 at the top including bathroom window. Bottoms include a patio door, back door and kitchen window.

On that basis, i cant see whats wrong with £12-£15 (i have a fair few at £15 of these) but hey maybe i am cheap then

How can you question an hourly rate of 60 to 80 when you have a fair few @ £15.
20 mins tops would give you £45.per hour.

I try not to "bite" when hourly earning are posted as where we live will dictate to  a certain degree what people will pay.
Tony

Don Kee

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2014, 10:21:53 am »
Sorry i'm not trying to question peoples hourly rate, it was more looking for confirmation
I'm not doubting it either, just surprises me some of the differences in price

There are places where i'll hit the £45 an hour but not constantly all day and even with 8 in a row, with moving inbetween houses and chatting i probably dont hit that

I just thought £15 was a decent price, verging on maybe a few quid too much (for myself) but if some are getting more i guess its not too bad
(It was brought in by a canvasser)

tlwcs

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2014, 10:58:42 am »
Sorry i'm not trying to question peoples hourly rate, it was more looking for confirmation
I'm not doubting it either, just surprises me some of the differences in price

There are places where i'll hit the £45 an hour but not constantly all day and even with 8 in a row, with moving inbetween houses and chatting i probably dont hit that

I just thought £15 was a decent price, verging on maybe a few quid too much (for myself) but if some are getting more i guess its not too bad
(It was brought in by a canvasser)

No worries Don,
Price is so subjective to what we think and what we're happy with. What the customer thinks is fair and is happy to pay.
Area, what friends & neighbours pay, past payments and experiences of bad shiners, will all have a factor.
But I honestly believe people buy people. If they like you face to face when you quote and you sell your service and quality against others, I have no doubt people will comfortably pay a little more.
Part timers, retired and new starters, generally don't need too,or view the work\business in the same way as a full timer who maybe looking to expand.
Pricing, its still a lottery to me.
Tony

martin hulstone

« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2014, 11:08:57 am »
Just thought id let you know that your cone is neither use nor ornamant! if somebody trips over your hose your public liability will not pay out as it does not carry a warning sign. hope you dont think im beind a d..k.

8weekly

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2014, 11:20:46 am »

Is that because your cleans are 8 weekly? I guess at that point you're charging more than what you'd do for a 4 weekly clean so £20 seems quite right.

Do you canvass for 8 weekly work?
Yes, 8 weekly. But if they asked for 4 weekly it would be the same price.

I'd say that was a 4 bed detached and £20.

8weekly

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2014, 11:28:51 am »

It looks like a typical modern small 4 bed to me?? 3 beds are generally two windows at the top. One for each bedroom, but it could be a larger 3 bed I guess. I agree though, 20 minutes from pulling up to pulling away.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2014, 04:22:38 pm »
Yip, about 20-30 if all compact.

They get priced at about £8 in my area. £12 with a Conservatory.
+1

SeanK

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2014, 08:05:02 pm »
25 to 30 no problem if they are close enough and all have the same frame type.
Frames make a difference when cleaning with wfp and those in your picture tend to be the easiest
and quickest to clean.

dazmond

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2014, 08:11:52 am »
id say they were 4 bedders.id charge £15 a house/£20 with a conny( 2 monthly).2 or 3 an hour taking my time.£200+ per 5 or 6 hour day.
price higher/work harder!