Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simon Mess

Re: Payload
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2014, 07:53:02 am »
i still think a full 650L would be over the limit with a 900kg payload.i think im pushing it with a full 500L in my transit connect(900kg) first thing.

Agreed Daz, i have the same van, payload, and tank size as you, no way i could put another 150kg of water in my van, it would be 110kg overweight :o

Scrimble

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2014, 08:37:51 am »
Ok, forget the kids for a moment, if I was to get a caddy, would the max tank I could put in there be 350ltr? This must be what all the guys running from caddy/partner/Berlingo/Connect are using yes? Is this considered enough in general of first year of work?

The Caddy Maxi can have a payload Upto c. 900kg.
You'd get a 650ish tank in that, no worries.

the caddy maxi have less than a 800kg payload, go on the vw website and have a look yourself

KS Cleaning

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2014, 12:25:28 am »
Ok, forget the kids for a moment, if I was to get a caddy, would the max tank I could put in there be 350ltr? This must be what all the guys running from caddy/partner/Berlingo/Connect are using yes? Is this considered enough in general of first year of work?

A 650 tank with 900 payload? ?  A think that would be cutting it fine, even for a 1 man set up

Do you know anyone with one?
I do.
That's why I posted.
Why would I need to know someone who has one,  to know that a 650 Tank in a van with a 900 payload will be cutting it fine for being overweight? You may not like it, but the fact is you are wrong to suggest you can get a 650 tank ' no worries ' in the Maxi. I actually done a bit of research into the Caddy Maxi before I bought my Caddy, I fancied it for the extra length rather than payload but decided against one as I thought it was over priced.
Do you always take a hissy fit when someone disagrees wi your posts?

Mike #1

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2014, 07:32:56 am »
Would not touch an VW Amarok not really proven in the 4x4 world and over way priced , I Would  rather stick with a longterm rated truck which is up to the job as work horse with a 1.2 ton payload and 5 seats in the cab way better than a van . Mike

Looks the titties though.
Same payload. Wider loadbed. VW reliability.
I want one.
If i could stick a pole in it lengthwise it'd be on the drive already.

My brother runs a Barbarian. Lovely truck, granted. Not very refined but does it's job.
He used to have his poles on a roof rack but didn't like it so now sticks them (he's only got a 30' and an 18') in the cab. That'd do my swede in.
Where do you put your poles?

Hi Darren i only carry one pole and it goes in the cab i could put it in the back if i wanted but would have to take brush off as a have a fullbox sports cover on the back , You can see a pick on home page of my site .

L200's are glorified vans but practical and easy to clean internally which is good  especially when i had the dog in the back after been in the river . Mike

Simon Mess

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2014, 09:44:27 am »

A 650 tank with 900 payload? ?  A think that would be cutting it fine, even for a 1 man set up

I do.
That's why I posted.
Why would I need to know someone who has one,  to know that a 650 Tank in a van with a 900 payload will be cutting it fine for being overweight? You may not like it, but the fact is you are wrong to suggest you can get a 650 tank ' no worries ' in the Maxi. I actually done a bit of research into the Caddy Maxi before I bought my Caddy, I fancied it for the extra length rather than payload but decided against one as I thought it was over priced.

The subject of payloads can be a particularly thorny issue on the forum KS, but even so, i dont see why you think poleking was having a 'hissy fit', it seemed quite a calm response to me!.

Bottom line, it is your responsibility to determine what size tank you can safely and legally carry in your van/pickup. So best advice would be if you have your eye on something in particular, explain to the dealer/seller what you want in for, and that you need to go on a weighbridge to confirm exactly how much payload you have to play with. They really shouldn't have a problem with that, and in most areas of the country, you shouldn't have to travel too far to find one. It is the only way to be sure.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2014, 04:48:53 pm »

I do.
That's why I posted.

The subject of payloads can be a particularly thorny issue on the forum KS, but even so, i dont see why you think poleking was having a 'hissy fit', it seemed quite a calm response to me!.

Bottom line, it is your responsibility to determine what size tank you can safely and legally carry in your van/pickup. So best advice would be if you have your eye on something in particular, explain to the dealer/seller what you want in for, and that you need to go on a weighbridge to confirm exactly how much payload you have to play with. They really shouldn't have a problem with that, and in most areas of the country, you shouldn't have to travel too far to find one. It is the only way to be sure.
Ok, I intentionally exaggerated with hissy fit, I took his reply in the context it was meant.... Short and sharp!

PoleKing

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2014, 05:55:09 pm »

I do.
That's why I posted.

Ok, I intentionally exaggerated with hissy fit, I took his reply in the context it was meant.... Short and sharp!

Lols.
Thanks Simon.

KS. I don't do stroppy bud.
Now, genuinely, what did you discover re: VW payloads as opposed to other brands?
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2014, 07:32:50 pm »

I do.
That's why I posted.

Lols.
Thanks Simon.

KS. I don't do stroppy bud.
Now, genuinely, what did you discover re: VW payloads as opposed to other brands?
can't you read? I said I fancied the Maxi for the extra length, the payload wasn't a factor for me, if it was I would have stuck with my Doblo Maxi as it had a 1000 kg payload. But since you ask,  the payload was around 750? Which allows for driver and fuel, so as I said earlier, 650 tank in a Caddy Maxi.....don't think so.

nokmond

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2014, 07:41:08 pm »
I have a 500 litre tank in my astravan. Sue me.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2014, 09:55:48 pm »
I have a 500 litre tank in my astravan. Sue me.
A couldny care less what you have in your van, or anyone else for that matter, it's your / their prerogative, what a wouldny do tho is advise others to fit a tank that would potentially put their van overweight, because that would be bad advice.