Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

shammy davis jnr

selling part of round
« on: July 17, 2014, 04:39:43 pm »
If selling part ofy round all good customers. 400 doors brings in 29000 a year what would could I expect to get works out sat about 16 doors a day and would take one guy a month to clean. I am down scaling abit to concentrate on other stuff what would you guys ask for just would like to see different opinions on this before I advertise, p's work all compact houses

PoleKing

Re: selling part of round
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 05:39:10 pm »
If selling part ofy round all good customers. 400 doors brings in 29000 a year what would could I expect to get works out sat about 16 doors a day and would take one guy a month to clean. I am down scaling abit to concentrate on other stuff what would you guys ask for just would like to see different opinions on this before I advertise, p's work all compact houses

£6 a house average?
You should probably be happy with anything over £7k
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

deeege

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 05:39:55 pm »
Assuming they are monthly cleans so 12 cleans per year that's an average clean price of £6.04 (if my maths is correct) Prices seem low, are they all 2 up/2 down terraces?
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 07:01:12 pm »
Most two up two down some biggies some bungalows good mix really and yes monthly cleans just George prints at different prices every month as some have 30 days others don't and set for no weekend work very good payers as done it for ten years and no not today's bad debt etc as I don't tollarate it on any my runs

paul ette

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 07:27:20 pm »
Where is it

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 08:24:40 pm »
Central belt Scotland

KS Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 05:27:57 am »
If it's done trad I would say 7K. 
If WFP 8.5K

paul ette

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2014, 08:14:27 am »
only 300 mile away lol

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2014, 08:23:00 am »
Deal buddy it's yours for 5000 ;D

Marc Stock

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2014, 11:24:04 am »
so many people undervalue their business, most of all are window cleaners.

How long would it take to bring in that amount of work; 2 years? 3? 4? possibly longer?

in one year maybe if your really focused and canvassed your ass off you could build £14k but some would be messers etc.

this is established work; the purchaser is buying goodwill that is well established. 10 years aswell.

I have always used this formula.

Year Round Value / 12 * 7.5

so for £29000 =£18,125 is its true value.

If it was sold in the January, the round would be in profit by Mid August with a total profit for the 1st year of £10,875 Second year would be all profit of £29k

it would take a long time to canvass this work, its worth 18k

don't sell it for 7k I will drive up there myself and slap your mush for selling so cheap.

PoleKing

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2014, 02:12:48 pm »
so many people undervalue their business, most of all are window cleaners.

How long would it take to bring in that amount of work; 2 years? 3? 4? possibly longer?

in one year maybe if your really focused and canvassed your ass off you could build £14k but some would be messers etc.

this is established work; the purchaser is buying goodwill that is well established. 10 years aswell.

I have always used this formula.

Year Round Value / 12 * 7.5

so for £29000 =£18,125 is its true value.

If it was sold in the January, the round would be in profit by Mid August with a total profit for the 1st year of £10,875 Second year would be all profit of £29k

it would take a long time to canvass this work, its worth 18k

don't sell it for 7k I will drive up there myself and slap your mush for selling so cheap.

Nobody in their right mind would pay £18,000 for a bunch of £6 houses.
It's all well and good valuing your round the way you have but at the end of the day, it's only worth what someone will pay for it.
In fact, I'd be amazed if it went for double figures, let alone twice that.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2014, 04:27:28 pm »
Intesting it's a hard one if it were a pub it used to work on twice. The annual turnover but rates and that come into play it is hard to put a price on and yes you do need a buyer but you don't want to be a mug either...basically it's a ready made annual outcome for some one and as said before it does take years to get them this sweet. It's a hard one needle food for thought though it's like earning 30 k a year and buying it for theprice of a company car ??!  not that I'm greedy just curious anyone else got any ideas

HampshireWindowCleaning

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2014, 06:13:41 pm »
5 x the monthly income is what I sold a round for and was happy with that.
Found a buyer straight away through the internet and I still get the odd text/call asking about the round 2 years later.

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2014, 07:03:22 pm »
Next question lol which net site ??? Gumtree eBay preeloved ad trader our all of the above

CleanClear

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2014, 07:06:45 pm »
Do your tax returns support your 29K per annum claim ?
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

HampshireWindowCleaning

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2014, 09:27:12 pm »
wforsale

Ronnie Bryce

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2014, 11:30:19 pm »
In central Scotland, (Lanark, Carluke ect, where you work) Your best bet may be the sell by installment method.
In effect, you own all the work until the rent to buy guy has paid the agreed price in full and within a certain timescale.
Get it all in writing, signed and dated by both parties. If it all goes diddies up, you still own the work, and it would be a good idea to keep the "SB" name as far as the customer is concerned until the takeover is complete in full as well.

It's hard to sell in this climate, you have to think outside the box at times.

If you find it difficult to sell, I possibly may have an interest. What is your thought's on this idea?

supernova77

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2014, 11:58:06 pm »
Second year would be all profit of £29k

£29k profit?

No running costs then  ???

8weekly

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2014, 11:34:15 am »
Second year would be all profit of £29k

£29k profit?

No running costs then  ???
He's wrong anyway. He takes no account of wages.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2014, 11:40:10 am »
There seem to be vaulations of around £7-8K being touted as reasonable.

On the assumption that that's reasonable, rent it out instead.  20% of turnover and put into the contract that the renter repaces any lost work.  That way you'll get £5,800 every year until you die rather than a one-off fee of £8K.

Vin