This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dave f

disaster
« on: July 13, 2014, 09:35:43 pm »
on my way home from collecting friday night the gear selector calble snaped on my citroen despatch i wouldent mind but its only done 40k.i tried all scappys for a set not a chance.and its dealer part only which is £115 plus vat.but cant get one until tuesday and then get it fixed that will be 2 days lost.not  happy

Soupy

Re: disaster
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 09:38:22 pm »
Go down the pub. You might get extra time and pens. Monday off, woop!
They're eeeting the dogs.
They're eeeting the cats.
They're eeeting the pets,
of the people who live there.

duncan h

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 10:04:36 pm »
How old is it. 40k miles on, it cant be long out of warranty

Jonny 87

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 10:48:44 pm »
Read the topic "van caught fire" About three threads above yours.

Stop being such a drama queen.

😄

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 08:25:55 am »
Read the topic "van caught fire" About three threads above yours.

Stop being such a drama queen.

😄

;D ;D ;D
It's a game of three halves!

dave f

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 04:37:31 pm »
listen johnny whats your face i aint being a drama queen.if you dont like the thread dont reply OK.get a life

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 05:53:31 pm »
downtime due to van repairs?it happens mate.if you want to make yourself feel better look at some of lammys posts from a few years ago with his renault trafic.nightmare!

thats why its important to always have a few grand put by (emergency fund) for things like this,really bad weather and injury/illness.

best wishes mate and hope you get it sorted soon.

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Jonny 87

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 05:56:37 pm »
listen johnny whats your face i aint being a drama queen.if you dont like the thread dont reply OK.get a life

Dave.......have a snickers............your a right drama queen when your hungry.

;D
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Frankybadboy

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014, 06:43:34 pm »
so how much did you earn today  ;D ;D

mufcglen

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2014, 06:53:15 pm »
i'd hate to be somone who cant fix theyre own vehicle, im so lucky ive done 10 yrs in the trade.
i blew the wifes turbo up last week on her a4, cost me £100 to replace it in a few hours whereas somebody else would have easily paid minimum £500.
hope you get sorted mate and the other guys are right always have some money put aside for things like this,think about how much it makes you rather than how much it doesnt on the off day it has its period!

Dave Willis

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2014, 06:59:19 pm »
I had my biggest earnings day ever today. How about you Daz?

dave f

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2014, 07:30:42 pm »
ive plenty of doe put away. thats why i aint rolling about under a van any more ive done my fair share in the past and it aint a drama.just a topic  ;D thanks for all the input posative as well as negative.

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2014, 07:37:15 pm »
ive plenty of doe put away. thats why i aint rolling about under a van any more ive done my fair share in the past and it aint a drama.just a topic  ;D thanks for all the input posative as well as negative.

If you have so much "doe", why are you whining about missing 2 days work?

SB Cleaning

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2014, 08:17:34 pm »
That's nothing too worry about....

My van was off the road for 10 days with the Injectors gone and seized I had a 1500 quid bill :o

George P

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2014, 09:27:22 pm »
if its a completion can I join in  ;D, 1 van off rd for a week when someone ran into it recently and another off the road for 4 weeks getting a new head (well re scimmed) and still not back yet :'(

AuRavelling79

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2014, 09:47:21 pm »

You need "Doe" for when you are off the road and sometimes if the weather is really bad you need the "Doe" for the rain dear.

It's a game of three halves!

Pete Thompson

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2014, 11:54:20 pm »

best reply ever!

Just you butt out, johnny whats your face!

Seriously though, it's suprising how something so little can cause havoc with your work schedule.  I have sympathy for you, a snapped gear change cable - now that's not something you cannot easily plan for.

As someone else said - 40K miles, must not be very old?  Is it still in warranty?

G Griffin

Re: disaster New
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2014, 12:01:00 am »

You need "Doe" for when you are off the road and sometimes if the weather is really bad you need the "Doe" for the rain dear.

Doe, rain, me.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Marc Stock

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2014, 11:40:48 am »
Best way to fix it, don't buy french ::)roll

C o z y

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2014, 11:59:01 am »
Gold, Griff, coats please.  >:(
No still don't understand, I must be thick