Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Cliff perkins

egg on windows
« on: July 09, 2014, 01:12:30 pm »
any1 know some good triicks to get it off with water fed pole without having to go up a ladder ;-)
Www.1stglasswindowcleaning.co.uk

C o z y

Re: egg on windows
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 02:02:33 pm »
A good trick is to call a window cleaner to do it for you. Most charge reasonable rates.
HTH  ;)
No still don't understand, I must be thick

jarvy

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 02:53:08 pm »
A good trick is to call a window cleaner to do it for you. Most charge reasonable rates.
HTH  ;)
Some of the braggers on here will charge a minimum of £200 to remove egg!
HTH!  ;)
www.wedgwoodcleaning.co.uk

"If you were twice as smart, you'd still be stupid"

*Hector*

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 02:59:08 pm »
I have about 30-40 eggs available if anyone in the Romsey/Salisbury/Andover area wants em?

;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

8weekly

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 03:39:16 pm »
any1 know some good triicks to get it off with water fed pole without having to go up a ladder ;-)
Wouldn't the new Gardiners scraper do it?

CleanClear

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 04:28:03 pm »

I've found G101 to really soften it up and make it easy to come off. I'd imagine Virosol or any of them would do it too. You will probably need a scraper on your pole.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 04:54:53 pm »
give it a good soak then scraper on pole followed by a good scrub and rinse.i took some off a while ago with just hot pure water last winter. ;)
price higher/work harder!

rosskesava

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 05:57:18 pm »
I can clean off 12 eggs in an hour.

Any less than that means you are doing something wrong.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 06:36:09 pm »
You stick a slice of bacon onto the bristles and scrub.

Dave Willis

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2014, 06:42:13 pm »
It's one of my best paying jobs. £60 an hour easy - I sit in the office and wait for the call Scramble!, Scramble!
Eggsellant work if you can get it.

Cliff perkins

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2014, 08:12:56 pm »
thanks for the replys ive just read this,
i will probably just get up a ladder with bucket and a scrapper next time i do windows,what about chip fat any tricks on that 1 lol
Www.1stglasswindowcleaning.co.uk

Paul Coleman

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2014, 10:58:29 pm »
i will probably just get up a ladder with bucket and a scrapper next time i do windows,what about chip fat any tricks on that 1 lol

Yes.  Try vinegar :)

CleanClear

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2014, 11:35:07 pm »

Hi Cliff, we've found that to remove chip fat from windows (and we do a good few chip shops), the best method to produce an absolute smear free finish and of course the fat removal is to mix raw egg 50/50 with Autosmarts G101, this we layer over the fat and leave for 24 hours to soak it, just falls off then effortlessly.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

rosskesava

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2014, 01:23:05 am »

How would chip fat be be on an outside window on the first floor?

???
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Window Lickers

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2014, 09:09:18 am »
An upstairs flat where they leave the kitchen window open.
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

Johnny B

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2014, 09:48:16 am »
For both eggs and chip fat, soak and scrape repeatedly until it is all off.

I used to do a chip shop which had one small window above the door covered in chip fat. It was nowhere near the kitchen and none of the other adjacent had any fat on them whatsoever. I suspected that the owner (won't say where he came from but he wasn't from anywhere in Europe) was pasting it on deliberately to make me work harder/longer for my bucks. After 2 occasions of pointing out the chip fat to him, and nothing changing, I dropped him.

John 
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.