This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul marshall

4 van batterys in 2 years
« on: April 17, 2014, 07:05:09 pm »
keep having to replace my van battery , the last one I got from the AA so igot a guarantee , anyway 4 months later im out working and it wont start so call AA he says my pump is draining battery and there is nothing wrong with it so they wont replace it , I told him my system was profesionaly fitted by brodex and wasn't something I put together myself but they insist its the system and wont exchange the battery , fella said to leave van running whilst I work , which would cost me extra in petrol , would look unprofessional and where I live we have one or two tealeafs [ only one or two mind ] anyway the point of going with AA was for my warenty but I feel they have let me down a bit so what do I do now please gang  ??? ???
the more flyers i post , the luckier i seem to get ...

andyM

Re: 4 van batterys in 2 years
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 07:19:33 pm »
I personally can see the AA's point of view.
If the battery is in good condition and you are running it down by using a wfp pump it isn't their problem.
You could consider using a battery charger to top up your battery every week or so.
One of the Plebs

ray l

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 07:19:55 pm »
fit a split charge relay with second battery dedicated to wfp

? is the battery not guaranteed for one year regardless of use

regards

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 10:35:27 pm »
keep having to replace my van battery , the last one I got from the AA so igot a guarantee , anyway 4 months later im out working and it wont start so call AA he says my pump is draining battery and there is nothing wrong with it so they wont replace it , I told him my system was profesionaly fitted by brodex and wasn't something I put together myself but they insist its the system and wont exchange the battery , fella said to leave van running whilst I work , which would cost me extra in petrol , would look unprofessional and where I live we have one or two tealeafs [ only one or two mind ] anyway the point of going with AA was for my warenty but I feel they have let me down a bit so what do I do now please gang  ??? ???

My fuel tank lasts me about 400 miles. I drive use my van to drive 500 miles before filling up so I call the AA. The AA won't bring me more diesel.

AA bad.  ::)roll
It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 10:55:47 pm »
use a separate battery to run the pump.i have a pumpbox with leisure battery.handy for jump starting lady customers cars as i found out last week as well!! ;) ;D
price higher/work harder!