This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cornwallwindows

Bad morning!
« on: April 17, 2014, 12:12:58 pm »
I set up about a month and a half ago and got roughly £700 worth of business but I've had a 'mare this morning, lost 3 customers for various reasons. Is this a common problem among new starters or am I doing something wrong I'm trying not to overreact but it's gutting. I need to get more commercial places rather than domestic!

CLEANCARE WC

Re: Bad morning!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 12:18:34 pm »
I set up about a month and a half ago and got roughly £700 worth of business but I've had a 'mare this morning, lost 3 customers for various reasons. Is this a common problem anumpty new starters or am I doing something wrong I'm trying not to overreact but it's gutting. I need to get more commercial places rather than domestic!

Id say your doing quite well to have £700 well done. Whatever their reasons as long as you are cleaning the windows properly dont worry, they wont all jump ship.
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

HampshireWindowCleaning

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 12:31:29 pm »
Building a round is a timely process and you will have many more customers come and go, but just keep plugging away and doing what your doing and eventually you will have a good round of solid customers.

H20cleaning

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 01:49:53 pm »
You will notice them more at the moment because you need them... Wait until you can pick and choose who you get rid of in the future you will love it:)
My only advice will be- price the jobs well and you will have better customers, the ones who try and knock you down will end up messers.

ascjim

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 04:24:40 pm »
it happens to everyone

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 04:56:54 pm »
Don't worry about it, you will get others ;)

wfp master

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 05:28:01 pm »
what reasons.?

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 06:09:58 pm »
I set up about a month and a half ago and got roughly £700 worth of business but I've had a 'mare this morning, lost 3 customers for various reasons. Is this a common problem anumpty new starters or am I doing something wrong I'm trying not to overreact but it's gutting. I need to get more commercial places rather than domestic!

Ha, this brings back memories!!  ;D

I remember feeling exactly the same when I first started, I'd lose one & paranoia would immediately set in. I'd question everything over & over almost convinced I was doing something wrong. It's made worse by the fact that you do need the business just now so it's still gutting to lose any. You'll get used to it, the odd few will jump ship, as long as you do a good job, are polite & conscientious you'll not go far wrong.  ;)

H20cleaning

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 06:20:17 pm »
I bet you can replace them all with better priced jobs within the next 2 weeks...