This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Laugher

Best place to put tank in a vivaro swb
« on: April 16, 2014, 09:58:09 pm »
Decided to go down the DIY system route,

Just deciding where to put a 650 tank

A mate of mine showed me his transit and he had it just infront of the wheel arches and I just wondered if I could do that in my van so I have a bit of room in between the tank and the bulkhead to put bits in

I have the 2.7 version

Clever Forum Name

Re: Best place to put tank in a vivaro swb
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 10:04:02 pm »
Inside

That will be £50 please.

Laugher

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 10:14:16 pm »
I never thought of that  ;D

I'll send it by pigeon post tomorrow  :P

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 10:23:08 pm »
A few people have mounted it with a gap inbetween tank and bulkhead.

On a swb I think you will struggle a bit.

I would say upright forsure

Laugher

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 10:30:06 pm »
Yeah i think it would be tight but might just enough room to fit my trad stuff in

But then would I be over weight on the rear axle if I did that?

Simon Mess

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 10:41:18 pm »
There was a guy on here not so long ago with a 2.7t version of either a vivaro or renault trafic and a 650l system, he went on a weighbridge and found he was more than 200kg over the gvw.

Just so you know.........

Laugher

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 11:16:03 pm »
Oh right, I doubt I will fill it to the 650 most days but would be useful to have to capacity when needed

Simon Mess

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 08:17:12 am »
Probably would have been a better idea to get the 2.9t version then, that is not to say you wouldn't still be overweight, especially if it is a 2 man setup, but you wouldn't be so far overweight!. The guy i mention (and i think this was a solo operator) said he carried quite a bit of other stuff too, but going by his weighbridge reading, even with just the tank and water, you would be overweight with the 2.7t.

It is up to you and I'm not your mum, but i wouldn't do it, to much possible risks. And i don't just mean the possibility of being pulled over and having your weight checked. I also mean, if you are involved in an accident, especially if there is question over who is at fault and investigation reveals you are well overweight not only would you probably face a very hefty fine, you may even end up losing your license.

Laugher

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 10:19:29 am »
Yeah I agree with what you are saying mate, tbh I thought a 650 would be alright in a 2.7 as it has a payload of just over a ton.

I doubt I will fill it all the way up all the time as I am only a one man band at the minute and 650 is a lot to go through in a day