Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Window Lickers

Another one
« on: April 16, 2014, 09:00:12 pm »
Heres an interesting enquiry that landed in my email this afternoon.

Good Afternoon,

I need to get the windows cleaned on our home as we are moving out.  It is a 3 storey mid terrace townhouse.

Is there any chance that you could provide a quotation for the work this evening or tomorrow? We would then be looking to have the clean done next week if at all possible (if you could do Saturday that would be great).  

Please could you call 01256 810*** to arrange the quotation.

Kind Regards
Jadene ********
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

PoleKing

Re: Another one
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 09:02:42 pm »
Looks like a normal request...?
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Marc Stock

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 09:22:05 pm »
 ??? ??? ok ::)roll

whats wrong with it?

supernova77

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 09:27:33 pm »
Looks like a normal request...?

Looks like someone desperate for a one off move out clean, trying to stipulate exactly when they want it done... I would stay well away - not worth the hassle.

Andy

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 09:31:42 pm »
Job got quoted last week. They text today at 2.41pm for it to be done today lol.

I swear they just think we are sat at home waiting for jobs lol

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 09:35:01 pm »
Job got quoted last week. They text today at 2.41pm for it to be done today lol.

like when they say lovely day for it, as if we sit waiting for a sunny day  ::)roll  ;D
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

Marc Stock

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 09:39:50 pm »

like when they say lovely day for it, as if we sit waiting for a sunny day  ::)roll  ;D

I don't know about you mate; but I have been waiting ages for some decent weather. Feels like its been years and years of mud, water and grit every day...so yes I have been looking forward to it..been nice not having to work in waterproofs for a change

supernova77

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 09:40:17 pm »
like when they say lovely day for it, as if we sit waiting for a sunny day

We did the first customer yesterday started at 9am - 10am... She then asked me "have you got any more to do today"?  ::)roll

The the last customer asked if we could clean insides - I said we didn't have time - they then said "OK, can you come back tomorrow at 2:30 to clean them?" - As if I can arrange my whole day around them!  ::)roll

Andy

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 09:42:34 pm »

lol yeah.

Had my worst ever comment from a customer on monday.

Price was agreed at £20, turned up monday. I knocked and she said hi. I said i am here to do the windows. She asked how much it was, £20 i said like you were told. Can i do it any cheaper? Urm no, the quote is £20. What she said next put me in total shock. "Well you are here now tho!" I saw red but kept it together. She then went on to say she only wanted one clean. So she was basically saying you are here now, so tough i aint paying you £20 and you can have less.

I told her i would put a star by her name lol

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 09:43:04 pm »
like when they say lovely day for it, as if we sit waiting for a sunny day

We did the first customer yesterday started at 9am - 10am... She then asked me "have you got any more to do today"?  ::)roll

;D

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 09:45:03 pm »

lol yeah.

Price was agreed at £20, turned up monday. I knocked and she said hi. I said i am here to do the windows. She asked how much it was, £20 i said like you were told. Can i do it any cheaper? Urm no, the quote is £20. What she said next put me in total shock. "Well you are here now tho!" I saw red but kept it together. She then went on to say she only wanted one clean. So she was basically saying you are here now, so tough i aint paying you £20 and you can have less.

you did well not to kick of at that  >:(

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2014, 09:48:09 pm »

lol yeah.

you did well not to kick of at that  >:(

Well she has a party on Saturday so she was harping on about it, so i said i would put a star by her name and do it Friday afternoon so she gets the maximum cleanliness out of the windows. Nothing special is happening this Friday is it  ;) ???

AuRavelling79

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 10:53:24 pm »
I've got "Sarah" that I'm dangling by a text thread.

Last spring she wants her windows doing - I go through the spiel - every other month, no doorstep cancellations, regular through winter. She agrees.

Last April done, last June done, last August done, last October done.

Sarah by Text "can you leave it to February?"

Me "we agreed regular two monthly so not really"

Sarah "we're having work done in December so can you make an exception?

Soft me "ok"

Sarah (late January) "hi it's Sarah, can you leave it until April?"

Me (who's dumped her but not told her) "thanks for the message"

Sarah three days ago "can you do them before easter?"

Me - no reply

Sarah one day ago "can you let me know when so I can leave the gate unlocked?"

Me - no reply

Will I get a text tomorrow? If so I will let you know my reply.  ;D

It's a game of three halves!

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2014, 11:04:18 pm »

Last spring she wants her windows doing - I go through the spiel - every other month, no doorstep cancellations, regular through winter. She agrees.

Soft me "ok"

Me - no reply

Me - no reply

With the weather we have had and the sand they will
Be minging lol

Window Lickers

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2014, 01:04:30 am »
The problem with it is IMO that it's a one off, who we've never worked for before, and they want it done within three days on a Saturday in the middle of a bank holiday weekend.

I've put my price in. It'll be the equivalent of £300 an hour if they confirm.
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

Jim Waugh(Albright & Shiny)

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2014, 04:32:43 am »

Soft me "ok"

Me - no reply

Me - no reply

My reply would rhyme with "Cough"

Mike #1

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2014, 05:47:18 am »
I dont have an issue with one off cleans as such as long as they agree to my price of £40.00 on a typical 3-4 bed house no conny  and i do them when i have time .

I had one custy ask to change from a 4 weekly clean at a cost of £8.00  to a 12 weekly clean , No problem i said that will be £20.00 , She then says i thought it would be the same price £8.00 per clean  ??? ??? ??? ??? . Mike

robertphil

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2014, 07:10:34 am »
like many on here i used to think folk asking for 1 off were not worth botherin about

recently my opinions changed . i have mellowed - i tell you for why .  while doing a 1 off the neighbours see you and chance they might ask this one off-er  [who is moving out] all about you .    iv picked up some decent  regular work recently in this way

having said all that you really need at least 1 helper for the one-offs as the extra slog can bugger you up for days afterwards , i know from past experience  .

im also feeling i can take any old sh/t from the white crowd and it comes up smelling of roses ,as long as you churn enough of them thru ,gold comes up beside the iron as often as not .

iv struck off all my Indian sub continent[+ 1000 miles radius] customers, to my workers absolute relief .  they whooped with joy at this policy decision,taken unanimously in the van this week , after yet another try on . it wasnt taken lightly as 1 of my workers is 1/4 or 1/6  indian,i forget the exact amount - however he was all for it 

Perfect Windows

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2014, 07:23:37 am »
I've had a similar one:

Hi,

I need your service for washing windows and frames (in-out) on Thursday 24 April at 11:00 for our 2 bed flat at Chandlers Ford SO53 XXX.

Let me know your availability and offer.

Your prompt response would be much appreciated.

XXXX

Hmm.

Vin

Jonny 87

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2014, 07:35:38 am »
I've had a similar one:

Hi,

I need your service for washing windows and frames (in-out) on Thursday 24 April at 11:00 for our 2 bed flat at Chandlers Ford SO53 XXX.

Let me know your availability and offer.

Your prompt response would be much appreciated.

XXXX

Hmm.

Vin

My reply would be,

Yes no problem at all.

I have worked booked in for that day but I can re-arrange things. The price for your work be £170.

Looking forward to your prompt response.

;D

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher