This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

PoleKing

Re: Another one
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2014, 09:12:25 am »
I can't see the problem with these specific requests.
If I could arrange my work to be where they've requested, I do. If not, I say I can't do then but could do...
Charge high(but not massively high) to make it worthwhile as a one off and if there's time in the month, (which I can usually make up) then they get done.
If not, I pass them over to someone local who can.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

8weekly

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2014, 09:53:47 am »
If I could arrange my work to be where they've requested, I do. If not, I say I can't do then but could do...
Charge high(but not massively high) to make it worthwhile as a one off and if there's time in the month, (which I can usually make up) then they get done.
I kind of take the view that by agreeing to one offs when you have enough work that you confirm their view that that is how a window cleaning service works. I am a bit more flexible around end of tenancy cleans but it is still 2 1/2 - 3 x regular.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2014, 11:32:58 am »

I posted it more because it betrays a lack of understanding of the way a window cleaning round works, so I found it interesting enough to post.

I've quoted mine enough to pay for 90 minutes on site and 90 minutes of driving to be paid on the day (and I've clarified why it is such an extreme price, i.e. that a specific time on a specific day means driving from another part of the round) but not heard anything.  I'd love him to book, as it'll be a good day's work with that one thrown in.

One thing that did irk me a little was the lack of a "please" or "thank you".  Manners maketh man and all that.

I've also pointed out that if they find someone based locally to them and can have it done at the start or end of a day they'll have more chance of getting it done.

Vin

PoleKing

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2014, 11:39:44 am »

I posted it more because it betrays a lack of understanding of the way a window cleaning round works, so I found it interesting enough to post.

I've quoted mine enough to pay for 90 minutes on site and 90 minutes of driving to be paid on the day (and I've clarified why it is such an extreme price, i.e. that a specific time on a specific day means driving from another part of the round) but not heard anything.  I'd love him to book, as it'll be a good day's work with that one thrown in.

One thing that did irk me a little was the lack of a "please" or "thank you".  Manners maketh man and all that.

I've also pointed out that if they find someone based locally to them and can have it done at the start or end of a day they'll have more chance of getting it done.

Vin

All good points Vin.
Yeah, the manners gets on my wick too.
Costs nothing but means a lot.
Some people just don't though. It's not their fault, really.
Does make it a bit sweeter when someone is polite though.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

alfie11

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2014, 01:30:27 pm »

One thing that did irk me a little was the lack of a "please" or "thank you".  Manners maketh man and all that.

Vin

But the crusty said ...Your prompt response would be much appreciated

Perfect Windows

alfie11

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2014, 02:38:23 pm »
er...and?

appreciated..grateful or thankful

G Griffin

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2014, 04:17:26 pm »

One thing that did irk me a little was the lack of a "please" or "thank you".  Manners maketh man and all that.

Vin

But the crusty said ...Your prompt response would be much appreciated.
Yeah, prompt response meaning 'get on with it'  :D.
And even the response bit implies 'I expect a reply'.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

8weekly

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2014, 04:22:43 pm »
I've had a similar one:

Hi,

I need your service for washing windows and frames (in-out) on Thursday 24 April at 11:00 for our 2 bed flat at Chandlers Ford SO53 XXX.

Let me know your availability and offer.

Your prompt response would be much appreciated.

XXXX

Hmm.

Vin

I wouldn't bother with anyone that refers to cleaning windows as washing windows. The term irritates me,

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2014, 04:29:50 pm »
I've had a similar one:

Hi,

I need your service for washing windows and frames (in-out) on Thursday 24 April at 11:00 for our 2 bed flat at Chandlers Ford SO53 XXX.

Let me know your availability and offer.

Your prompt response would be much appreciated.

XXXX

Hmm.

Vin

I wouldn't bother with anyone that refers to cleaning windows as washing windows. The term irritates me,

agreed... dirty northeners!
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.