This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dannymack

Used ladder today feewwww 😁😳
« on: April 16, 2014, 09:28:00 am »
Feeeeww had to ladder the side of a care home this morning !!! Havnt been up a ladder this high for 10 years to clean windows. Still got it lol like riding a bike he he !!!!! Before yous ask the windows were so hot with the sun they dried out spotty.  :o👍
Pic below !!!!

PCM LTD

Re: Used ladder today feewwww 😁😳
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 09:48:37 am »
Hi,

Not sure why it works but using warm/hot water reduces spotting on hot days.

Cheers.

dannymack

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 11:01:24 am »
Cheers PCM, I've got hot water but only use in extreme cold. I think the hot water drys quicker ?
Cheers Dannymack 👍

H20cleaning

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 11:13:43 am »
I dont understand why the windows would spot in hot weather? Your still rinsing dirty
From the windows... And if
Your water is under 005 like mine i never get
Spitting, except the odd window

dannymack

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 12:22:42 pm »
Adam I don't understand pmsl !!!! All the home comes up nice, I even rinse a little more on the windows that face the sun, but for se reason they dry out rubbish. I'd rather just ladder that side so I know it's nice and clean. Mind you bloody knackered me out abit. Brought back old memories going up and down a ladder pmsl !!! 👍

Jonny 87

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 02:30:28 pm »
Amature.

;D
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

dannymack

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 03:59:04 pm »
Johnnyboy I'm still learning after 10 years of wfp ing pmsl !!!! :P

gary999

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 04:41:58 pm »
On hot days i wet the glass down before scrubbing seems to do
the trick!

Or stick a squeegee on a pole and give basic drying...no need
for ladder ;D

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 05:25:16 pm »
To me they look quite old the windows. So I would say its upvc breaking down and causing spots.

Or ya just 💩 lol

CleanClear

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 05:29:10 pm »
Danny , are they vents on the windows that open, that may be the cause?
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 05:39:42 pm »
no way would i be laddering them windows!id miss the top frame and scrub carefully on the top of the glass and give a good rinse about half an inch under the top seal.should come up perfect. :)
price higher/work harder!

dannymack

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2014, 06:05:13 pm »
G  Gary you need long pole sod that time I got to squeegee them they'd of dried out lol !!!! The building is about 10 years old so the upvc frames ain't that old H20. Yes they do have vents cleancare but I gave them a good washing out and and just Wizz around the whole lot. Only seem to spot on these side windows where the sun shines in them. It happens to another job we do but it's only first floor high so use a long pole a squeegee water off. 👍
Daz like I say it's not all the windows just them side ones and all frames and vents are clean as I cleaned them out and just give a quick Wizz around them. Gotta be where the windows get hot and sun drying them out to quick I'm guessing !!!tds around 001
H20 then again you could be right I'm probably crap at window cleaning bloody need to change me job lol !!! 👳😳

johnny bravo

Re: Used ladder today feewwww
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 06:19:11 pm »
i dont know how you use an A frame ladder at that height,    an extension with a stand off,  lifes too short.

what are you going to do when it is HOT, when summer does come.

dannymack

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2014, 06:30:24 pm »
Just ladder that side bit Johnnyboy !!! Unless I get there before the sun Gits the glass !!! I have 2 big homes in Cambridge but do the other one first, perhaps do this one first maybe 👍

Jonny 87

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2014, 07:08:56 pm »
Johnnyboy I'm still learning after 10 years of wfp ing pmsl !!!! :P

Me too! Lol

Started working for a company in 2004 and went self employed 4 years ago. Time flys!
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Frankybadboy

Re: Used ladder today feewwww
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2014, 07:21:39 pm »
and you extended that ladder to far,on the last run :o :o :o :o :o

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2014, 07:24:52 pm »
I am surprised they let you ladder them at that height.
I do work for two different care home company's and they have banned the use of ladders completely on all their sites,the ones I do are very strict on health and safety.

dannymack

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2014, 07:30:24 pm »
Franky boy I had no choice wouldn't of reached the top of the window. I'm use to high ladder work use to work off 3 part ladders for many many years lol !!!

Cgh I do about 10 care homes and the big bosses house have been for 18 Years !!!!
I'm in charge not the manager lol !!!!

Johnny I've been window cleaning 28 years now and started my own company in 2000

Your right how time flies !!! Only about 7 years till I retire or just do few cleaning jobs as ill pass it down to my son. Ill be 52 and mortgage will be paid hopefully 👍

dannymack

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2014, 07:45:02 pm »
Cgh here one for yourself pic below lol !!!! 👍😳🇬🇧

CleanClear

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2014, 08:04:02 pm »

Only about 7 years till I retire or just do few cleaning jobs as ill pass it down to my son. Ill be 52 and mortgage will be paid hopefully 👍

Hopefully eh?
*Status*--------Currently Online---------