Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

johnny bravo

water tank secure
« on: April 15, 2014, 11:32:01 pm »
looking around do most cleaners have there tanks secured down with ratchets, 

dazmond

Re: water tank secure
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 08:08:40 am »
johnny i had a 350l flat tank ratchet strapped down tight in the back of my old kangoo for 3 years.no probs.i now have a 500l upright inside a metal frame bolted through the van floor in my new van.

personally i wouldnt ratchet strap anything more than a 350L TANK in a van and the tank has to be a flat tank IMO.
price higher/work harder!

dannymack

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 12:33:55 pm »
Had a tank professionally installed through floor what a nightmare when I sold van and tried taking tank out. The petrol tank had to be removed the bolts were twist inside when undoing them from outside, so had to squeeze myself down side of tank with spanner to hold but while mate undone nut from under the van. Sooooo much hassle, would have been a nightmare if I had to move tank to put in hired van if my van went wrong. I will never have tank bolted down again. I've got a 450 tank fitted into metal frame with skid plate, it's ratchet strapped down and push up against my STEEL bulkhead so not going anywhere. Had it like that in my other van for 4 yera and my transit custom for over a year. If I need to take it out I just undo straps unwire from van battery and slide it out with noooooo hassle 👍👍👍😳😝

johnny bravo

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 01:17:05 pm »
skid plate,        where is this placed.     how is your frame secured  in your van. can you diy it

H20cleaning

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 01:40:40 pm »
Had a tank professionally installed through floor what a nightmare when I sold van and tried taking tank out. The petrol tank had to be removed the bolts were twist inside when undoing them from outside, so had to squeeze myself down side of tank with spanner to hold but while mate undone nut from under the van. Sooooo much hassle, would have been a nightmare if I had to move tank to put in hired van if my van went wrong. I will never have tank bolted down again. I've got a 450 tank fitted into metal frame with skid plate, it's ratchet strapped down and push up against my STEEL bulkhead so not going anywhere. Had it like that in my other van for 4 yera and my transit custom for over a year. If I need to take it out I just undo straps unwire from van battery and slide it out with noooooo hassle 👍👍👍😳😝
Why didn't you just grind the bolts off you mad man! Thats all i will be doing when I'm changing vans or upgrading tank size

dannymack

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 04:05:51 pm »
Bloodyhell Adam bolts cost £3 each not gonna do that he he he !!!! 👀👍
Johnnyboy it's the tank sits in the frame and the battery and relay sit on the frame shelf. Well bolted to shelf I should say.

Pic below 🚗👍
The wooden frame I bolted to the metal frame which I made to sit hose reel ontop, gives me more space to put petrol mower !!!

johnny bravo

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 05:28:06 pm »
i have a 350 litre upright, with a frame atached,  would a local garage mechanic know how to atatch it to the floor. depending on which van and costs to have it done.