Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lee_dewing

unblocking a gutter downpipe.
« on: April 13, 2014, 07:13:36 pm »
Would this work its a demo of karcher pressure washer pipe cleaner.
Nisflik do a better one as it has 1 forward facing jet also.

Was thinking feed pipe cleaner into base of downpipe and push up to blockage.
Not reslly what it is designed fot as it's made to move horizontal.
But just an idea that I wondered if anyone has tried?
Lee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VLIy5n1q1I&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

rosskesava

Re: unblocking a gutter downpipe.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 07:38:14 pm »
Lee - most blockages in down pipes can be cleared by shoving a normal hose pipe down or up them while connected to the mains.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

lee_dewing

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 08:38:00 pm »
Ross do you do that from bottom or top?
Thinking of getting a gutter vac this year.

Just don't fancy going up ladders ::)roll
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Smurf

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 09:02:49 pm »
Might be a silly question but if you don't like ladders then why offer to clear blocked gutters & downspouts?

You will also soon find out like I did guttervacs are not all they are cracked up to be either as on some jobs they are totally useless.

robert mitchell

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 09:20:36 pm »
I have yet to find a job they are totally useless for , the main problem is when the tiles overhang too far and leave a smaller gap but you can make / buy different nozzles
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

Smurf

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 09:59:15 pm »
Sorry bud I disagree as I've had many a job when trying to use a guttervac even using crevice type nozzles was useless on.

I have yet to find a job they are totally useless for , the main problem is when the tiles overhang too far and leave a smaller gap but you can make / buy different nozzles

rosskesava

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 11:15:23 pm »

If the bottom of the downpipe has access, then it's from the bottom but if the downpipe is blocked by a plant growing in the top of it where it joins the gutter, usually the answer is, and sorry to say as I know you've had a fall, to get up a ladder and pull the thing out.

If there is no access from the bottom of the down pipe, whether you use a jet wash or just a hose, I can't really see any answer other than to use a ladder to access the top. Sorry.

I don't honestly know if a gutter vax is much use for unblocking down pipes or not. Maybe others on here can help with that.

Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

ben M

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 11:20:39 pm »
+1

ben M

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2014, 11:24:04 pm »
Sorry bud I disagree as I've had many a job when trying to use a guttervac even using crevice type nozzles was useless on.

you should learn how to use a gutter vac then!

rosskesava

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2014, 11:50:32 pm »

Sorry to go off topic.

Ben, CleanClear has been phoning you and trying to get hold of you. It's not earth shattering but quite important. It's about waffle cloths and free samples, etc.

Or you can email me kesavaross@gmail.com

Smurf

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2014, 11:51:19 pm »
Oh Really, well try clearing this one with a guttervac then smart arse ;D

ben M

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2014, 11:52:55 pm »

Sorry to go off topic.

Ben, CleanClear has been phoning you and trying to get hold of you. It's not earth shattering but quite important. It's about waffle cloths and free samples, etc.

Or you can email me kesavaross@gmail.com

and? what does he wants?

ben M

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2014, 11:54:05 pm »

can't see where is the prob? buy a proper gutter vac then  ;)

rosskesava

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2014, 12:00:57 am »
and? what does he wants?

It's no real great shakes but not suitable for being discussed on here.

ben M

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2014, 12:02:48 am »
and? what does he wants?

It's no real great shakes but not suitable for being discussed on here.
e-mail sent

Smurf

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2014, 12:13:02 am »
What one that actual works do you mean on every job? ;D

Just to let you know I was one of the first in the country to start using 4200 watt so say guttervacs so I do know what I'm talking about when I say they are useless on some jobs I do.

Here is another example of many I could post as by the time you have farted about trying to clear that sod in the corner as best you could using a guttervac I would have cleared the corner properly including under the flashing which a guttervac cant get at quicker by hand.

can't see where is the prob? buy a proper gautter vac then  ;)

Smurf

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2014, 12:14:22 am »
Same goes with badly blocked downspouts may I add ;)

ben M

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2014, 12:19:18 am »
What one that actual works do you mean on every job? ;D

Just to let you know I was one of the first in the country to start using 4200 watt so say guttervacs so I do know what I'm talking about when I say they are useless on some jobs I do.

Here is another example of many I could post as by the time you have farted about trying to clear that sod in the corner as best you could using a guttervac I would have cleared the corner properly including under the flashing which a guttervac cant get at quicker by hand.

can't see where is the prob? buy a proper gautter vac then  ;)
do you think because you have a very power vacuum, you can clear the gutters better? NO!
can't see anything wrong with your pics! no need to use a ladder, much safer and quicker with a very good equipment  ;)

rosskesava

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2014, 12:27:27 am »

Smurf

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2014, 12:29:49 am »
So can you do all your gutter clearing jobs from the ground?