Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee GLS

Gardiner hybrid bristles
« on: April 11, 2014, 03:38:56 pm »
Do the hybrid bristles have better cleaning ability than the black medium mixed bristles?

PAUL ERITH

Re: Gardiner hybrid bristles
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 03:51:16 pm »
I changed from a sill brush to a hybrid extreme medium mixed and have found the scrubbing power great.

the sill brush wasn't ideal for leaded windows  :-\

Paul

TomCrowther

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 04:20:14 pm »
I am seven weeks in on using a Hybrid and it is a great brush. Nice mix of an extreme but with better/more bristles although this week, a lot of bristles decided to drop off at the edges.

Richard ham

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 04:55:34 pm »
Yes the blue hybrid bristles are better than the black bristles for scrubbing but the hybrid brushes are pretty useless with hot water as the outer bristles only take 30 degrees.
Www.plymouth-window-cleaners.co.uk

dannymack

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 04:56:55 pm »
I normally use the ungar green brush. Thought I would try Gardiners medium stuff double trim, I find you have to keep scrubbing with these brushes to get birds crap off windows. Also found the brush too light made me pole more flimsy. Don't know why Lee wanted to make his brush lighter by shaving abit of the plastic and losing some bristles ? I think the ungar brush does a good job and you don't have to scrub so much to remove birds mess !!!!! 😳

Mike #1

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 05:12:21 pm »
You need to get a better pole , mike

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 05:15:08 pm »
I normally use the ungar green brush. Thought I would try Gardiners medium stuff double trim, I find you have to keep scrubbing with these brushes to get birds crap off windows. Also found the brush too light made me pole more flimsy. Don't know why Lee wanted to make his brush lighter by shaving abit of the plastic and losing some bristles ? I think the ungar brush does a good job and you don't have to scrub so much to remove birds mess !!!!! 😳

Let me know which Unger Green brush you have and I can advise exactly which of our brush range would provide a similar scrubbing experience, but still be a good bit lighter.

dannymack

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 05:54:52 pm »
Alex it's the green bristle square ungar brush I used. I've used it for years with my hot wash but thought I would try your brushes as I know they were lighter of which they are. I did mention to one of your staff about the brush I use and its a good brush but abit heavy, I asked what's the similar brush and was told that your brushes are not the same but try the dual trim brush where I asked for the stiff bristle brush. I bought two. Where I change the jets as I like the hexagon 2mm pencil jets the plastic framing on your sill brush isn't as wide, so when I drill out bigger hole I lost quite alot of brisstles. I did the same on the other normal square dual trim but that was fine. I find that I have to really keep scrubbing for ages to get stubborn muck off but only scrubbed a little with the ungar brush. The brush is heavier but makes the pole more sterdy I find. The good thing about your brush being lighter is that it don't hurt your neck and shoulder as much at the end of a hard day !!!!

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2014, 06:03:28 pm »
Do the hybrid bristles have better cleaning ability than the black medium mixed bristles?

The white/blue combo is awesome. Very good indeed.

On leaded the black/blue combo is unbeatable. Really good!!!!

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2014, 06:14:43 pm »
Alex it's the green bristle square ungar brush I used. I've used it for years with my hot wash but thought I would try your brushes as I know they were lighter of which they are. I did mention to one of your staff about the brush I use and its a good brush but abit heavy, I asked what's the similar brush and was told that your brushes are not the same but try the dual trim brush where I asked for the stiff bristle brush. I bought two. Where I change the jets as I like the hexagon 2mm pencil jets the plastic framing on your sill brush isn't as wide, so when I drill out bigger hole I lost quite alot of brisstles. I did the same on the other normal square dual trim but that was fine. I find that I have to really keep scrubbing for ages to get stubborn muck off but only scrubbed a little with the ungar brush. The brush is heavier but makes the pole more sterdy I find. The good thing about your brush being lighter is that it don't hurt your neck and shoulder as much at the end of a hard day !!!!

As the years go by the weight of various components do become very important. I started out with a 6.5kg 30ft pole and a 900g brush - after two years, 5 days a week, I was starting to notice it! (still got this pole/brush tucked in the garage for posterity)

For some the weight of a brush is not significant, but with repetitive use for most of us it does become a factor in our general health. Hence our focus on low weight which has helped bring the industries general weight of products down.

If you are using an older green Unger (originally a Vikan) rectangular brush then the nearest you would get in scrubbing power would be the Super-Lite DT Medium-Mixed or the Super-Lite DT Flocked

Paul Coleman

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2014, 06:21:43 pm »
I've always found the hybrids to be quite placid creatures myself.

Lee GLS

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2014, 06:39:04 pm »

Danny, it was a sill brush, I only removed the sill cleaning bristles which have no bearing on cleaning the glass.

dannymack

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2014, 09:50:42 am »
Sorry Lee I thought you shaved some of the plastic and got rid if bristles lol !!!!!
I find them too light and has no heaviness on the end of the pole !!!!

Alex I can see where your coming from with health issues as I've now got frozen shoulders where I've had quater zone injections using poles for 10 years now. Did ladder work for a good 18 years no probs with health issues, I don't think it does your health any good pole work looking up alot, got do some kinda wear in the neck area mind you I'm getting old 45 lol !!!!

Richard ham

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2014, 12:51:15 pm »
Dannymack turn your heater up and use some hot water, no scrubbing needed with any Gardiner brush even the soft ones. 

dannymack

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2014, 01:21:04 pm »
Rich I only use warm water in extreme cold weather m8. I've had the thermo 6mm hose which was making my flow to slow. I bought the red 8mm thermo hose which was making my hexagon pencil jets fall out of the brush, so now back to standard 8mm hose which is all good. I only use warm water to keep hoses soft and stop jets freezing !!!! 👍

Richard ham

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2014, 10:03:31 pm »
You could get a Gardiner super scraper. I use hot all the time.