Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Sir Squeaky

New pole time...
« on: April 10, 2014, 06:50:11 pm »
Had enough of messing about with cheap fishing poles now.
Going to buy another extending proper one.
Hopefully they've improved since the x-tel thing I bought 5 years ago that weight about 6 tons, bent like a banana and the clamps slipped!

Had my eye on the CLX-27.
Any opinions?

Paul Coleman

Re: New pole time...
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 07:07:03 pm »
Had enough of messing about with cheap fishing poles now.
Going to buy another extending proper one.
Hopefully they've improved since the x-tel thing I bought 5 years ago that weight about 6 tons, bent like a banana and the clamps slipped!

Had my eye on the CLX-27.
Any opinions?

I have a CLX 27.  IMO it's a good compromise between price, weight and general useability - especially since the new clamps were developed.  I found it helpful to get a CLX 18 at the same time for the (part) days when I don't need the extra sections as that is less strain on the body.  If you haven't bought a new pole or brush for a while, bear in mind that the no.1 section has a clamp at the brush end so you may need to buy a screw thread to clamp in so that you can use the old style angle adaptors.  The quick lock adaptors are decent though.

elite mike

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 07:17:46 pm »
hi rog , dont think you will go far wrong with that pole  8)

but with all the money your making  ;D i would go for the slx 30 ;)

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 07:25:29 pm »
roger you went wfp a few years before me.ive been wfp for 4 years now.i ve used clxs,slxs,supermax,hydra poles and cheap fibreglass poles.

id say forget them all and buy an extreme 25 as your main pole and extreme brush.

£520 (roughly).if you look after it itll last you 2 years at least so £260 a year to use the best pole on the market.

itll make your working day a breeze.trust me mate.

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

elite mike

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 07:26:57 pm »
hes to tight daz  ;)

Mike #1

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 07:28:23 pm »
And it only took Dazmond 35 mins  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D .

Good all round everyday pole has to be SLX25 rigid and robust had mine over a year now and still going strong , ONly use Xtreme soft hybrid brush . Mike

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 07:35:33 pm »
your right mike an slx 25 is a good compromise but id never go back to using one as the extreme is lighter and more rigid.

i have an slx 22 as an emergency pole and i would use it to get me out of a tight spot if my extreme 25 was out of action. ;)

Fin Clearview

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 10:30:36 pm »
I've got a 47ft extreme which I wasn't using much so I ordered a slx 2 base section as was £100 cheaper than a extreme base section and I'm going to use the first 4 sections of my extreme with the new base to make a new 25  :) happy days

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2014, 10:48:19 pm »
£260 a year?!!! What a waste of money!
I've spent £30 every 18 months or so and been fine!

Yeah think I'll go with the clx then. Cheers folks :)

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 11:54:56 pm »
CLX will be a good improvement over your previous pole but the slx would be a fantastic buy. I wonder why everyone who has a clx and tries a slx wants an slx. makes you think really????

sunshine windows

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2014, 07:19:19 am »
I went from hybrid x-tel poles to slx 30's and they knock the sock off them. I use them all day every day with no shorter pole to fall back on.

If you got lots of extensions and conservatories to reach over you'll be amazed at the difference in rigidity.

If I went higher on a regular basis I'd consider an extreme but don't feel the need at the minute
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

robbo333

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2014, 07:45:02 am »
Xtreme 25 being delivered today. Feels like Christmas!  ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2014, 07:56:02 am »
not changed much have you squeaky? ;D ;D ;D

your rants about wfp when you were trad were classic!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

hows your shoulders these days as i remember you had an injury?

each to there own mate.i dont consider £260 a waste of money.its £5 a week! ;)

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2014, 07:58:33 am »
robbo it take a few days to get used to the clamping points and you ll be amazed at how light it is!!

let us know what you think after a few days of using it.

regards

dazmond

robbo333

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2014, 08:12:10 am »
robbo it take a few days to get used to the clamping points and you ll be amazed at how light it is!!

let us know what you think after a few days of using it.

regards

dazmond

Cheers Daz, will do.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2014, 08:18:48 am »
Stick with the clx. It takes a certain type of class of cleaner to use an extreme.

Trololololololol

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2014, 08:29:34 am »
i had a clx 22 and its a good budget pole but at full stretch over connys,extensions it was really bendy making it harder to scrub the window effectively.the slx was better and the extreme is virtually effortless even with an aqua-daptor on the end!

i have a lot of awkward and higher windows to clean during my working month so an extreme makes poling A LOT easier.you cant put a price on that IMO.

REGARDS

DAZMOND

SeanK

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2014, 10:59:35 am »
It all depends on the type of work your doing if the majority of your work is two story and can be reached
by an 18 footer then get a CLX18.
But to be honest the CLX18, SLX18 and even the xtreme are not much better than a £16 harris at that height
other than the collapsed length and looking more professional.
So if you have been working with a harris then you wont notice a lot of difference.
I think its better to have more than one pole, why carry about a 25 or 30 foot all day if only a small amount of
your work requires it.
As has been stated by others if you have a lot of awkward windows then a xtreme would be the way to go as a SLX
is still a very bendy pole over connys and extensions.
I went from crappy fiberglass and alloy poles to Gardiner poles so cant really comment on other makes for the
same price. 

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2014, 02:52:37 pm »
No, I have quite a bit of three storey stuff and offices.
Need at least 27ft really...

If it's bendy over conservatories I might give it a miss then.
Don't have that trouble with 30 quid fishing poles, so no point throwing a couple of hundred quid at it.

No Daz I haven't changed! I will always refuse to be ripped off. That's why I do alright, and get to spend it on a van! ;)

roundbuilder

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2014, 04:49:03 pm »
 ::)roll

A pointless post if your afraid to spend a bit of money!