This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

FAO SPRUCE
« on: April 10, 2014, 08:13:53 am »
the idea to fit my tank long ways in my van im sure came from a pic you put up on here a few days ago.the mechanic at the garage said he had to take the exhaust system and fuel tank off to fit it.he s put 6 bolts and spreader plates through the floor.

did you do the drilling and fitting yourself?he only charged me £100 which included renewing a leaky injector hose and taking the towbar off.

its great to have the room down the sides of tank.i can easily fit all my gear in with a bit of room to spare.im very happy!

also the connect handles the weight very well and pulls like a tractor!! :)
price higher/work harder!

Spruce

Re: FAO SPRUCE
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 07:45:17 am »
Hi Daz

The main fixing points for the tank frame are at the back and the front of the tank. The tank was fitted with spreader plates in the gap behind the front seats. The rear of the tank comes to just before the rear axle so the spreader plates where behind the diesel tank.

The bolts down the side of the tank are above the fuel tank and held in with nutserts. The function of these is the help with stopping any sideways movement. Using these meant that I didn't have to drop the fuel tank.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)