This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

WGB

extension for a 1 off
« on: April 09, 2014, 09:24:54 pm »
Have a block of apartments to clean but my SLX 30 is 13 foot to short on highest point. This job might be a one off and would need 3 extensions and pole hose which would cost me £283, this is the only job I would need it for so no point buying at this point. It would take less than an hour to clean Windows my Slx 30 cant reach. Anybody ever made a diy extension for the odd job you can't reach??

Thanks wayne

Don Kee

Re: extension for a 1 off
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 09:31:43 pm »
Have you got any old poles that you can use?
Used the bottom of a fibre glass pole to extend a harris before (cut a slit in the top so the pole hose was on the outside of the extensions)

Either that or buy the extentions and push for some more jobs that you'll need them for?
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

WGB

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 09:49:58 pm »
Have a 30 ft fiberglass pole, but was thinking the section that would be attached to my Slx might not be strong enough to take weight of Slx fully extended as it would be one of the smaller sections holding the two poles together if you know what I mean??

Michael Peterson

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 02:44:06 pm »
Is that a Ducato in your picture, if it is what a great van they are

Perfect Windows

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 05:51:40 pm »
Have a block of apartments to clean but my SLX 30 is 13 foot to short on highest point. This job might be a one off and would need 3 extensions and pole hose which would cost me £283, this is the only job I would need it for so no point buying at this point. It would take less than an hour to clean Windows my Slx 30 cant reach. Anybody ever made a diy extension for the odd job you can't reach??

Thanks wayne

I once turned up to do a couple of windows that needed a reclean.  The guy with the 50 footer had left the site, so I cable tied my SLX-22 to my S-Max 40 and did them.

Not sure I'd work like that for an hour; this was just a couple of windows.

Anyone near you who'd rent you one?

Vin

dave0123

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 06:19:06 pm »
I have a couple of windows i need extension for probably only about 3 properties a month.

I have an old omnipole ali pole so i used the base section of this about 8-9 foot and sanded my xtel pole down a bit and slides over it nicely. The clamp on the omnipole is a screw type that clamps around the pole so it works pretty good.

I know you don't have a omni pole but.. could you use a aluminum pole? like the ones you would use for a Ariel mast drill through it about 2 feet down and put a bolt across it to stop the pole slipping down.  Then sick your pole into it. Put some cushioning around the excess inside the ali tube to keep it tight.

It works ok for standard window cleaning
Dave.

Don Kee

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 07:54:13 pm »
Have a 30 ft fiberglass pole, but was thinking the section that would be attached to my Slx might not be strong enough to take weight of Slx fully extended as it would be one of the smaller sections holding the two poles together if you know what I mean??

Jubilee clips to reinforce where youd insert the pole into the sections?
Because the fibre glass we used was surplus we taped the top to 'reinforce' it, skud the pole into the sections making the harris into approx 35ft....

Ita a bit of a bodge but worked really well when we need the harris to be longer.
As long as you just push the pole up and down and limit side to side motion it should be fine.

(Now use a 45ft carbon and it is alot better so my suggestion is just an economical bodge suggestion) ;D
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

WGB

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 10:00:02 pm »
Was speaking to a local guy that has a pole long enough but wanted to sub the job of me, no chance! Think I will and work something with my fiberglass pole and see how it goes. Aluminium pole with bolt through it sounds good too, not sure where I would get a bit though, local hardware maybe??

PoleKing

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2014, 10:18:58 pm »
Was speaking to a local guy that has a pole long enough but wanted to sub the job of me, no chance! Think I will and work something with my fiberglass pole and see how it goes. Aluminium pole with bolt through it sounds good too, not sure where I would get a bit though, local hardware maybe??

Don't poo poo him just because bud.
I've subbed work to (when I only had shorter poles) and from (when I had longer) lads.
If you don't trust the fella then walk away but he may be ok and be just what you need ATM.
It could be the start of a good relationship.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.