This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

johnny bravo

lower backache
« on: April 09, 2014, 04:40:22 pm »
been using backpack now for a year,    first 6 months i secured it to a small trolley,  then got sick of scratching car as lifting it in and out of back seat.
so now i have it loose and use handle to carry it about.    past few months been getting lower backpain when getting up from sitting down.
has anyone else noticed pains from using backpacks,   i summise trolleys will be the same.   getting in and out of vehicle.
any one worked around this issue.

:'( :'(

Michael Peterson

Re: lower backache
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 04:54:49 pm »
protect your car, or dont worry about the scratching you get on the work car ;-) a trolly is the best way for backpacks, in all honesty even if you think a mount wouldnt suit your round 99% of the time it will, faster, easier less aches and pains and a LOT more money a day, i dont care what anyone says here i AM right :-)

H20cleaning

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 05:30:20 pm »
He is right^
Couldnt think of anything worse than lifting trolly in and out the van!

wpclean

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 05:37:29 pm »
When you are carrying it, you are having the weight on one side of your body, so you are doing damage to your
spine, and surrounding muscles.     I did it for a year, and it gave me serious pain !

Do you have an estate car, if you did you could maybe fit a small tank in the back, and fill the backpack via a 22mm
pipe, and wheel the pack on a trolley.

g.brookes

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 05:48:13 pm »
I'm just about to change from a trolley system.  It does not do you much good, it gets you strong but in an unbalanced way.  can't wait to get a van mount

johnny bravo

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 06:21:17 pm »
it wont be long before i setup a van mount,    getting tank and frame tomorrow,    got hose and hose.
getting bits slowly but cheaper when people selling gear.

isnt it the same getting 100 metres microbore hose + reel out of van all the time. 

im best strapping back onto a trolley and putting into the back of estate,  instead of the rear side door.     same with lugging barrels in and out of rear seats.

hopefully it will get better soon.

Michael Peterson

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 06:32:11 pm »
no mate, mount your hose real inside so you dont have to lift it, to make it easier you can cut a couple of wood planks and mount it on these or on top of the tank bungeed down, pipe clips will help if mounting it to wood

Simon Mess

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 06:59:34 pm »
With regards to your back pain, get an inversion table, they work wonders.

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 08:40:26 pm »
do you have barrels or a freestanding tank to fill the bkpak

johnny bravo

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2014, 09:46:05 pm »
25ltr drums.        im getting tank and frame, got reel,        i think i need a holiday then start converting fully to wfp gear .    van setup.         get pump+controller from purefreedom fully conected upon a plate,   just atatch to tank frame,        then the best way for using a battery to power pump etc.
its a bit daunting but i have to do it all proper , then and only then will i know if it is all worthwhile.

i wouldnt stop wfp cleaning now,   this weather is too dangerous now for ladder work all the time,     especially the last few months,  with the strong winds etc.

i still have a few months of HP. left to pay on my ford estate yet.       i may even convert that just to get the hang of it.   and equipment

koopmaster

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2014, 09:49:52 pm »
I used a backpack for about 6 months and got sick of pouring water into it and also lugging it around.

I did get a 40 meter cable to start and this reduced the lugging around, but a 400L tank and 100 meter hose (screwed to a huge board in my van) is the way to go. 

Then you have to have a day every now and then when you MAD when your cable gets caught on EVERYTHING....