This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

H20cleaning

Re: Big decision made - selling up and change of direction.
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2014, 10:38:11 pm »
It annoys me a little bit when people say "there is tons of windies now"
Not starting an argument but windows cleaners have been going since long before any of us, and there has been many recessions since then, when people have lost their jobs and started on the windows.

There will always be new vans and new business's You see, but the chances are they have bought some work ( either some man retiring or someone going back to old jobs)
There is a lot of people who start windows cleaning then quit aswell.

The truth is i am still picking up work as fast as when i first started.

More houses getting built, more jobs for us:)

PoleKing

« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2014, 11:04:43 pm »
Not starting an argument but windows cleaners have been going since long before any of us, and there has been many recessions since then, when people have lost their jobs and started on the windows.

There will always be new vans and new business's You see, but the chances are they have bought some work ( either some man retiring or someone going back to old jobs)

More houses getting built, more jobs for us:)

I'm 11 years cleaning bud, there's definitely loads more cleaners in my town now than even 5 years ago.
Glad I don't work here tbh.
Where I work there's a couple more but not too bad...
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

H20cleaning

« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2014, 11:09:30 pm »
My uncles 7 year and he still picks up loads Of work!
I was mainly meaning i have never Looked around and thought to myself " i cant believe how many window cleaners there is now"
It wi just be the old ladder monkeys converting to pure system 90% the time so we notice them more because they have a sign written van.

dave0123

« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2014, 11:28:14 pm »

More houses getting built, more jobs for us:

am taking that as a dig at my post.

I get what your saying but  with window cleaning being around for years and years and theres been oher recessions and so on. But there are a lot of people out there that would never clean windows due to using ladders and didnt want to go up a ladder for fear of falling or other reasons.

Now there's another options to use with the water fed pole at first it was expensive ish to start but now its really really quite cheap.

Am not saying your not picking up work but there is a huge amount more window cleaners around over the last 4//5 years. In my post i didnt even say anything about recession basically blaming it on the water fed pole system and dont forget when some newbie goes to the likes of brodex for a system test which anyone looking to buy a machine can do.. or they willl come to you and there going to sell the job as you can earn £££ with this system for little work etc.

All someone has to do these days is type starting a window cleaning business into google and theres everyone saying i earn 50 quid a hour etc lol doing 3 bed semi's in 5 mins for £££ nonsense... so the internet doesn't help for that matter either since its got so big.

but whats going to happen in another 10 years when there is even more window cleaners on the street's? we may be fine.. but we may not be who knows.. but there DEFIANTLY is more window cleaners.
Dave.

H20cleaning

« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2014, 11:37:26 pm »
It wasnt a dig, i swear i can only count on 2 hands the amount of window cleaners that cover the areas i cover.
And there is only 2 new ones since i have started? One that switched from ladders to pure system.
And one ex engineer who got made redundant and invested into a w/c round, but obviously he took the work off someone else?

My point is there isnt more windows cleaners in my area there is just less ladder work and more in vans.

dave0123

« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2014, 11:47:55 pm »
It wasnt a dig, i swear i can only count on 2 hands the amount of window cleaners that cover the areas i cover.
And there is only 2 new ones since i have started? One that switched from ladders to pure system.
And one ex engineer who got made redundant and invested into a w/c round, but obviously he took the work off someone else?

My point is there isnt more windows cleaners in my area there is just less ladder work and more in vans.

Maybe you just live in a good area? or lucky?

I know some have moved over to WFP in my area too! and i see the faces and i see them working. But there are a flipping lot of new vans poping up and random cars with a ladders on! seriously see loads every day and its not a exaggeration.

I'd need a caculator to count the amount of window cleaners in this area probably a good 50 if not more than that in a 7 mile radius
Dave.

PoleKing

« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2014, 11:50:46 pm »

See, that's 13 just round your way. ;D
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Marc Stock

« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2014, 11:51:26 pm »

More houses getting built, more jobs for us:

am taking that as a dig at my post.

I get what your saying but  with window cleaning being around for years and years and theres been oher recessions and so on. But there are a lot of people out there that would never clean windows due to using ladders and didnt want to go up a ladder for fear of falling or other reasons.

Now there's another options to use with the water fed pole at first it was expensive ish to start but now its really really quite cheap.

Am not saying your not picking up work but there is a huge amount more window cleaners around over the last 4//5 years. In my post i didnt even say anything about recession basically blaming it on the water fed pole system and dont forget when some newbie goes to the likes of brodex for a system test which anyone looking to buy a machine can do.. or they willl come to you and there going to sell the job as you can earn £££ with this system for little work etc.

All someone has to do these days is type starting a window cleaning business into google and theres everyone saying i earn 50 quid a hour etc lol doing 3 bed semi's in 5 mins for £££ nonsense... so the internet doesn't help for that matter either since its got so big.

but whats going to happen in another 10 years when there is even more window cleaners on the street's? we may be fine.. but we may not be who knows.. but there DEFIANTLY is more window cleaners.

will add lads to this...

Window cleaning became really very lucrative when WFP first came on the scene back in 2004-06. We were quoting £600 per job for office blocks and flats that could be done in 4 hours and getting them in by the dozen sometimes im really (not joking GEM were sending me 3 quote requests a day at the peak), as to do them trad, you be looking at least a grand just to sign off the rope access equipment and have someone use the rigging gear. So we were on a winner there, it lasted 2 years and by 2006-07 the market became saturated with everyone and his dog going for commercial 'gold' doing wfp driving the price down..it was a bubble that was good while it lasted. I sold off my commercial work at just the right time.

At the end of the day, i dont care how many window cleaners are out there. Only thing i care about is keeping my customers happy, and not just staying ahead of my competition; im leading the market.

H20cleaning

« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2014, 11:55:20 pm »
Yeah but when you think about it i live near one of the biggest housing estates in Europe, and 10 was a little but less than what there actually is but there is no were near 50:o

But its extremely rare i ever see newbys! And like i say i usually get speaking to them and fine they bought work off a retiring windy!

dave0123

« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2014, 12:02:52 am »
there was about 10-14  around here about 10 years ago 11 years ago something like that.

there is probably a lot more than 50 but these are the regular guys driving about, there is probably more covering the estates and so on and the odd few you don't realize there window cleaners.

And about 10 years ago the same people would speak to you and some wouldn't but you would see them driving about etc.. but now i just don't no all these others there seems to be more and more new faces as well as the old ones lol.

Thats all my point was! really. Im sure its down WFP and more than likely then recession hasn't helped either but mainly WFP.
Dave.

dave0123

« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2014, 12:05:25 am »
will add lads to this...

Window cleaning became really very lucrative when WFP first came on the scene back in 2004-06. We were quoting £600 per job for office blocks and flats that could be done in 4 hours and getting them in by the dozen sometimes im really (not joking GEM were sending me 3 quote requests a day at the peak), as to do them trad, you be looking at least a grand just to sign off the rope access equipment and have someone use the rigging gear. So we were on a winner there, it lasted 2 years and by 2006-07 the market became saturated with everyone and his dog going for commercial 'gold' doing wfp driving the price down..it was a bubble that was good while it lasted. I sold off my commercial work at just the right time.

At the end of the day, i dont care how many window cleaners are out there. Only thing i care about is keeping my customers happy, and not just staying ahead of my competition; im leading the market.

Yes  i agree with this.. prices have been brought down from WFP. Even on small commercial such as flats back then you could price in "ladder time"  length to clean the windows and it was great. But these days there are some silly silly prices out there where you go i can make more doing spaced out houses lol.
Dave.