This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

alfie11

Re: Big decision made - selling up and change of direction.
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2014, 06:53:25 pm »
Good luck and all the best Ian

Window Lickers

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2014, 06:58:49 pm »
Jesus! On the cards? I could NEVER do that. Ever. Not now. No way.
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2014, 07:17:53 pm »
Don't do it Ian
I had 20 years on a chemical complex,  15 years of it  on shifts
I would rather chop my right arm off than work for the man again

Marc Stock

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2014, 07:33:30 pm »
Sometimes it takes a decision in life like this, to really know what you want in life. Personally I wish him well in his new ventures. I'm sure that 4 years of running your own business will in itself bring much experience to the dealership you manage.

When the new Toyota Supra comes out, ill pop in and order one from you.

robertphil

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2014, 07:42:04 pm »
my  ten penneth for what its worth is that you right now are on the tipping point of employing fulltimers . this is where you need a leap of faith . i wouldnt sell now if was in your shoes as within the next year the physical load wont be on your shoulders no more,itll be on yer workers .
 Allowing you to be the marketing guru and parttime windie !

I hope you are right robertphil because I am finding the work hard right now. And although I am chasing more work, I have this feeling of dread that I have to do it all myself for now.
burnout is a real risk in this job. when you are gettin out of bed dreading the high workload  cos you know its way high ,you MUST  make a decision for the future ahead. dont bury your head in the sand.

DeLuce

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2014, 07:49:52 pm »
You seem to be the kind of fella that has things well squared away. So, good luck to you. I have enjoyed reading many of your posts. Particularly the one on the three 'C's of productive window cleaning.

koopmaster

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2014, 08:26:44 pm »
I spent 20 years in a office so would also chop my right hand off (and my balls) before going back to working for someone else. 

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2014, 08:37:47 pm »
ian  its a hard business to be in but imho its worth prevailing and change a few things. but stay with us lad as we cant loose another windy here. my mentality now is to class a customers in a ABC structure. but if its what you have decided good look on you lad. but whatever you do do it well.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2014, 08:41:11 pm »
Ian, what happened to:

Think I go stir crazy sitting back behind a desk talking to stoopid salemen and ever more stoopid customers all day every day.

...still happier than I was when I was employed in a Toyota Dealer as Sales Manager/ Auction Buyer .... 6 days a week, weekends , long long hours also felt like a Russian Prisoner on death row where u dont know when your last day is going to be - maybe today- maybe tomorrow - maybe next year .... they just open a hatch in your cell roof and shoot you -

sounds great job dont it .... but very very boring and couldnt please any of the sales managers as either wrong colour / spec / miles etc.

oh and great pay as well.

do i miss it ... nope cant beat being own boss and building a sucessful window cleaning business  :)

Vin

bobplum

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2014, 08:46:57 pm »
Ian take no notice of this lot............i will give you £10.000 for the lot

SeanK

« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2014, 08:47:33 pm »
I was 11 years in a factory before my job was shipped to China if the job was offered
back to me tomorrow I would jump at it.
Paid pension 7 weeks paid holidays, full sick pay if needed and to be honest half the work.
Work gear supplied and cleaned plus a subsidised cooked lunch and paid while your eating it.
Go in do your work, leave and switch off until the next day.
Good luck Ian.

Ian101

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2014, 08:11:00 am »
All the best Ian in your new ventures :)

cheers Paul ...  :)

Ian101

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2014, 08:11:54 am »
Good luck Ian, however I think you will regret going back to work for 'the man'.

;D apart from 1 man I will be the "man"

Ian101

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2014, 08:13:39 am »
yup got an offer to go back into Toyota and manage a dealership also proceeds from round sale will be going into something else

Ian,

I hope it goes well...

But, I remember when you first started window cleaning... You were so happy to have left the car sales behind.

What other venture are you looking into?

Andy

Proceeds will be going into used car stock to go on a mates pitch

Ian101

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2014, 08:15:55 am »
Moving on to something new I could understand - I did that last year and I'm loving it,... but going back to being employed??? It'd have to be a huge pay cheque and some amazing conditions to even tempt me!

Seriously - after a few years of being your own boss, how can you go back to a 9 - 5 with some fat cat dictating your life??!

yup totally agree Nat ... basic is slightly more than my round turnover with a nice bonus on top and free car with as much fuel as I can burn thru ... ok taxman will want his slice but still better off financially plus income from my used cars on mates pitch  :)

Ian101

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2014, 08:16:14 am »
PLEASE STOP ENCOURAGING HIM TO STAY and i'm not saying that because i want some of his work or his 4040 or his van or his pole i just want to make that clear ;)

;D ;D

Ian101

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2014, 08:17:22 am »
Well done Ian, takes a lot of balls to make a decision like this, sometimes being your own boss isn't all its made out to be, at the end of the day there is a hell of a lot of pressure on you to keep the pennies coming in, no holiday pay or sick pay. Enjoy what you have planned mate, at least you will go back to driving a normal car and having holidays and a pension.

If you decide to split your gear let me know as i may have some of it off you at the right price haha, oh and I'll also do the cleaning on your garage as well mate

all of the above ....... yup if any gear left after sell off will get ur number off andy and bell yer

Ian101

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2014, 08:17:52 am »
Good luck and all the best Ian

cheers  :)

Ian101

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2014, 08:19:25 am »
Don't do it Ian
I had 20 years on a chemical complex,  15 years of it  on shifts
I would rather chop my right arm off than work for the man again

lol I will be the man and will be able to take my frustrations from no longer cleaning windows on the sales team every morning meeting and all during the day  ;)  ;D ;D

Ian101

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2014, 08:20:02 am »
Sometimes it takes a decision in life like this, to really know what you want in life. Personally I wish him well in his new ventures. I'm sure that 4 years of running your own business will in itself bring much experience to the dealership you manage.

When the new Toyota Supra comes out, ill pop in and order one from you.

put you down for a 48 hour demo already mate !